Page 176 of 245 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 3672

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    We definitely need more stories where Lois’ death causes Superman to fight even harder for humanity in her honor. I hate the idea that his psyche is so fragile that he’d destroy the world or turn into a dictator if Lois died. I’m sure he would be devastated and need a lot of time to mentally recover but Superman would return stronger than ever and inspire the world to hope and be better people once again.
    I can understand Injustice Superman cause he was trying to make a better world in her honor, problem is the World pushed back so he pushed harder and so on and so forth. Road to hell and all that. There are some who don't want Peace cause there's no money in it, other don't want it cause they feel it would cripple progress. It's like the soldier who can't deal with not being a soldier. I honestly believe that's why Bruce turned his back on Clark so quickly. He needed an adversary after the Joker was killed. People talk about all the people Clark killed yet never mention Batman's role in those deaths. He was Ares's greatest champion cause he kept the conflict going.

Whilst I wasn't particularly impressed with the film, it was nice to see Cavill finally look like the comic book Superman! The colorful costume was much better than the one in MOS/BVS and even Rouths horrible SR costume! Also just nitpicking but nice to see Superman have the left side parting back as is usual in the comics and the Christopher Reeve movies. Now we just need the classic S shaped curl back!!

I liked the “Well I believe in truth…but I’m also a big fan of justice” line to Steppenwolf but would have been nice if we'd had a Superman 2 style build up first!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBZH6u9sSW0
    Last edited by Benji82; 11-23-2017 at 06:12 PM.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

My favorite moment was the confident smile Superman had on his face when Steppenwolf took a swipe at him and Superman effortlessly dodged it. He was just TOYING with Steppenwolf before beating him down HARD!

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Superman in the movie is stronger than the old gods.all the old gods are larger than human types that fought in the past,same as steppenwolf then and against the JL.wonder woman was shown to be weaker than steppenwolf,and that makes sense seeing as though she is a half god/Demi god.she can even use her dad's lightning,but with the bracelets,not just point and blast like Zeus could.superman is being set up as being who is even stronger than gods,but does that mean darkseid will be shown to be well above a old god/new god also?I dont see them having Superman be more powerful than darkseid,I see him at least enough below that darkseid seems able to beat him by himself,and the only way to beat darkseid is the whole team joining in.

The speedforce imo is a way for regular humans to move as fast as Superman,atleast that's better imo than saying the speedforce is the ultimate speed gift and nobody is anywhere remotely close to it's speed.that to me makes superman always the guy trying to catch up,but never able to,which is BS to me.barry imo tapped into a gift that makes him as fast as Superman,that's how DC should say it.

Just saw the Justice League movie and loved it. Better than the Avengers. This one actually moved me. I think my favorite line may have been either when Batman said Superman was more human than he was or Lois Lane's narration at the end. For me, they finally got Superman right. When his main concern was civilians in danger, that's when he finally (after two previous movies) became a recognizable Superman for me.

I loved all of the other characters too. Cyborg was great and Wonder Woman. Though I love the Grant Gustin Flash, this one was just as good in his way and funny. Aquaman was certainly a different character than any version I grew up on but it worked and thank goodness they made him effective outside of water.

All in all, it was nice to see on the big screen a Superman who has finally come into his own as Superman. Cavill always had the potential. Physically, in terms of live action, he matches my image of Superman more than anybody who has played the role and they finally got him to the same level in terms of character.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Superman in the movie is stronger than the old gods.all the old gods are larger than human types that fought in the past,same as steppenwolf then and against the JL.wonder woman was shown to be weaker than steppenwolf,and that makes sense seeing as though she is a half god/Demi god.she can even use her dad's lightning,but with the bracelets,not just point and blast like Zeus could.superman is being set up as being who is even stronger than gods,but does that mean darkseid will be shown to be well above a old god/new god also?I dont see them having Superman be more powerful than darkseid,I see him at least enough below that darkseid seems able to beat him by himself,and the only way to beat darkseid is the whole team joining in.

The speedforce imo is a way for regular humans to move as fast as Superman,atleast that's better imo than saying the speedforce is the ultimate speed gift and nobody is anywhere remotely close to it's speed.that to me makes superman always the guy trying to catch up,but never able to,which is BS to me.barry imo tapped into a gift that makes him as fast as Superman,that's how DC should say it.
    Agreed on everything.

I liked the movie and loved Superman, specially how powerful he was displayed, as he should be! The way he owned Steppenwolf was epic, and yes, Superman should kick the butt of most gods. Imho, he's a titan, relative to them.

If it's true Whedon re-shot most of Superman's scenes (likely judging by the CGI mustache!), would be very interested in seeing Synder's Superman as either deleted scenes on the blu-ray or a Synder cut as is being petitioned for.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    Agreed on everything.

I liked the movie and loved Superman, specially how powerful he was displayed, as he should be! The way he owned Steppenwolf was epic, and yes, Superman should kick the butt of most gods. Imho, he's a titan, relative to them.
    Don't tell that to Wonder Woman fans lol. It's a mess over there (granted, I'm probably not helping).

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benji82 View Post
    Now we just need the classic S shaped curl back!!
    Why? So that DCEU Superman lost any kind of individuality? Come on, people, it's not that hard to let go of the past. Why not give him red trunks as well then?

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    We definitely need more stories where Lois’ death causes Superman to fight even harder for humanity in her honor. I hate the idea that his psyche is so fragile that he’d destroy the world or turn into a dictator if Lois died. I’m sure he would be devastated and need a lot of time to mentally recover but Superman would return stronger than ever and inspire the world to hope and be better people once again.
    Agreed. I think it comes down to the simple fact that Superman as he's classically presented would NEVER turn his back on humanity or become a tyrant, but Lois dying is the strongest reason writers can come up with.

Clark's upbringing by the Kents is his link to humanity. Nothing that happens, no matter how terrible, would magically erase his connection to mankind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Don't tell that to Wonder Woman fans lol. It's a mess over there (granted, I'm probably not helping).
    I culdn't care less about them. LOL. The movie simply displayed what's been a fact in comics for 99% of Superman's history.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    I culdn't care less about them. LOL. The movie simply displayed what's been a fact in comics for 99% of Superman's history.
    But teh patriarchy man. ()

Seriously, I love them both (Diana just a bit more), but I'm fine with the power levels displayed here. Though I'd rather not see more fights between them, I'd prefer her to win the next one. Without it being cheap for either of them.

I wonder if Kal-El/Subject One will show up in the Flashpoint movie, if you thought his CGI face was bad in JL, imagine what skinny Cavill Supes would look like.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 11-24-2017 at 01:55 PM.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    But teh patriarchy man. ()

Seriously, I love them both (Diana just a bit more), but I'm fine with the power levels displayed here. Though I'd rather not see more fights between them, I'd prefer her to win the next one. Without it being cheap for either of them.
    I suspect the next JL film will even out powersets a bit more.

And the scene where Superman isn't in his right mind isn't an accurate gauge of how the JL would fare in a fight with him. He's a bit crazy and they're trying to avoid hurting him.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Benji82 View Post
    If it's true Whedon re-shot most of Superman's scenes (likely judging by the CGI mustache!), would be very interested in seeing Synder's Superman as either deleted scenes on the blu-ray or a Synder cut as is being petitioned for.
    From what I've seen it was more Whedon adding superman scenes so I imagine the Zack Snyder cut would just have one or two scenes with superman and only one with him speaking as he just ignores the league.