Page 213 of 245 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 3672
    Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

They are promoting JL digital release with shots that are not in the Josstice League version... https://twitter.com/justiceleagueuk/...51231643492352

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    I heard that actors actually didn't liked JL movie the way it was released, somebody asked them at Comic-Con in New York last year in December. Ciaran who played Steppenwolf was especially disappointed. I guess they just can't express their true feelings out loud if they want to stay in this business.
    I'm sure that Cavill is pissed for being made a laughing stock due to the bad CGI on his face.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I'm sure that Cavill is pissed for being made a laughing stock due to the bad CGI on his face.
    I can't even imagine what he felt when that opening scene started and this whole cringe worthy script where "Hope is like a car keys". I mean, come on, we already have a perfect explanation what your S means https://youtu.be/N5bB96Mwidc?t=261

I can't even imagine what he felt when that opening scene started and this whole cringe worthy script where "Hope is like a car keys". I mean, come on, we already have a perfect explanation what your S means https://youtu.be/N5bB96Mwidc?t=261
    I hope that Cavill Superman's image can be easily rehabilitated after the messy JL. Even if the character will be rebooted with his next solo movie, Cavill deserves another chance.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Part of the deleted Superman scene has leaked...

so good to hear Hans Zimmer again...

And is it just me or is that Henry Cavill's real face?
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 02-09-2018 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post

Yes, that is his real face and the scene matches what people described from Snyder's Cut on test screenings.

Hans Zimmer score sounds more nostalgic now than John Williams.

Ah, WB and their bad habit of cutting Superman's scenes and release them later.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post

The fake face was just for the reshoots and as the black suit was part of the original filming, not the reshoots, it would have to be the real face.
    Cavill had the mustache for a movie he was making at the time the reshoots were also being done.

Ah, WB and their bad habit of cutting Superman's scenes and release them later.
    This time it was worse. They cut and reshooted 90% of his scenes, embarrassing Henry Cavill for the rest of his career in the process. Martha meme wasn't that bad as a CGI mouth.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

If you want to really get mad/depressed over moustachegate...Take a look at this. It didn't have to be this way!

It's sad that some dude with a 500 buck computer and home brewed software was able to effortlessly remove Henry's moustache, and a multimillion dollar film effects company couldn't. I mean, what the fluck? Makes me wonder if Warner's intentionally set up JL to fail just to allow the studio to completely sever ties with Snyder. It's almost as if they wanted this film to underperform and did everything in their power to make it happen. Crappy marketing until the eleventh hour, a silly arbitrary short run time insuring a rushed feeling mess and of course, uncanny valley moustache.

The only bright side is that most people understand it wasn't Henry's fault and actually feel sorry enough for the raw deal he got here ( and some could argue, with BvS) that there seems to be a legit movement for Henry to get at least one more Superman film to make things right for him, even among the " Man of Muhrrdur/Hobo of Steel" malcontents. Hopefully it does indeed translate into an honest to God MOS 2 with Henry front and center.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I have the same disconnect with JL commentary that I had with FF (rip Cathey) commentary. "Oh it was so bad! Kate Mara had a hairpiece." What? You just came out of a 2.5 hour sci fi movie.

It's silly that something like the mustache cost so much, but it was not money going into my pocket or going out. I'm surprised people don't just complain about the pace or boring villain more than a digital effect.

You vs the guy she told you not to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I mean, what the fluck? Makes me wonder if Warner's intentionally set up JL to fail just to allow the studio to completely sever ties with Snyder. It's almost as if they wanted this film to underperform and did everything in their power to make it happen. Crappy marketing until the eleventh hour, a silly arbitrary short run time insuring a rushed feeling mess and of course, uncanny valley moustache.
    Rumors are that WB just wanted to move on, so they didn't really care for the final product.

"The studio knew they had a problematic film on their hands and- rather than delay it into 2018, which they easily could’ve done since there isn’t another DC film until Aquaman hits in December- they were just going to dump this thing into theaters just to get it over with.

Why? Because they felt whether it was the Snyder Cut, or their cut, the film was going to be a sore spot for the DC Universe (DCU).

That’s why they allowed a film with half-baked CG to go into wide release; That’s why they didn’t bother having Ciaran Hinds return for substantial reshoots to beef up Steppenwolf’s plot, despite the fact that he really needed more substance now that he was no longer building towards Darkseid; That’s why you didn’t see Geoff Johns out their campaigning for the film the way he had with Wonder Woman; It’s also why Joss Whedon never, ever went out of his way to publicly associate himself with the film, and why the studio reciprocated by not making a bigger deal that “The director of The Avengers“ had a hand in creating the final cut- something that may have been a decent selling point to get MCU fans to cross over and check out DC’s latest.

I remember speaking to an insider in the weeks following Justice League‘s release and them saying they “expected this.” While they conceded the fallout was, perhaps, a bit worse than anticipated, they knew that this thing was going to be a bump in the road. The studio just didn’t want to spend another dime on the film, considering all the effort that had gone into it already. They wanted to simply get it out there, get it over with, and move on to the next phase of DCU films which would act as a distinct course correction."

https://twitter.com/markhughesfilms/...91046226812928
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 02-10-2018 at 01:10 PM.

Yes, that is his real face and the scene matches what people described from Snyder's Cut on test screenings.

Hans Zimmer score sounds more nostalgic now than John Williams.
    Is it possible to feel nostalgia for a franchise that started in 2013?

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Rumors are that WB just wanted to move on, so they didn't really care for the final product.

"The studio knew they had a problematic film on their hands and- rather than delay it into 2018, which they easily could’ve done since there isn’t another DC film until Aquaman hits in December- they were just going to dump this thing into theaters just to get it over with.

Why? Because they felt whether it was the Snyder Cut, or their cut, the film was going to be a sore spot for the DC Universe (DCU).

That’s why they allowed a film with half-baked CG to go into wide release; That’s why they didn’t bother having Ciaran Hinds return for substantial reshoots to beef up Steppenwolf’s plot, despite the fact that he really needed more substance now that he was no longer building towards Darkseid; That’s why you didn’t see Geoff Johns out their campaigning for the film the way he had with Wonder Woman; It’s also why Joss Whedon never, ever went out of his way to publicly associate himself with the film, and why the studio reciprocated by not making a bigger deal that “The director of The Avengers“ had a hand in creating the final cut- something that may have been a decent selling point to get MCU fans to cross over and check out DC’s latest.

I remember speaking to an insider in the weeks following Justice League‘s release and them saying they “expected this.” While they conceded the fallout was, perhaps, a bit worse than anticipated, they knew that this thing was going to be a bump in the road. The studio just didn’t want to spend another dime on the film, considering all the effort that had gone into it already. They wanted to simply get it out there, get it over with, and move on to the next phase of DCU films which would act as a distinct course correction."

https://twitter.com/markhughesfilms/...91046226812928
    Thanks for the link. Interesting take on all of this.
    With all of this behind the scenes stuff, and his own personal life drama, no wonder Affleck seems like he wants out as Batman!

I just hope we get another Henry Cavill Superman movie. I'd love to see Henry around for another decade and multiple Superman movies, but I'll settle for just one more self contained story for he and Amy as Lois. At this point I could care less for the rest of the DCEU. Give me another good Superman movie and I'll die happy.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.