Page 156 of 245 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 3672

You know, I liked how DC movies were largely avoiding post-credits scenes, so this is kind of disappointing IMO that they've just adopted Marvel's policy.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    You know, I liked how DC movies were largely avoiding post-credits scenes, so this is kind of disappointing IMO that they've just adopted Marvel's policy.
    Oh, please! Marvel did NOT invent post-credits scenes. They just popularized them.

It's not "copying" Marvel any more than adding humor to the stories is copying Marvel.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Oh, please! Marvel did NOT invent post-credits scenes. They just popularized them.

It's not "copying" Marvel any more than adding humor to the stories is copying Marvel.
    You know the bold is a bit of hyperbole. What percentage of all humorous movies are Marvel? Minuscule. What percentage of all movies from 1986* - 2017 that have post-credit scenes are Marvel movies? Considerably more.

I know they didn't invent it, any more than Siegel and Shuster didn't invent the comic book superhero. But it's so closely tied to Marvel practice, you have to ask yourself would they even bother doing this if a whole bunch of other superhero movies released in recent years hadn't? Dark Knight trilogy didn't, MoS didn't, WW didn't. People wait at the end of DC movies and look at their smartphones to see if there's a post-credit specifically because of Marvel.

But more to the point, I'm not really fond of post-credit scenes. They're somewhat quaint, and Marvel is almost obligated to continue doing it because they've been doing it from the get-go, but I don't think of them as a movie feature that should scream "Copy me!" I guess they're not any worse than the end of a TV episode and there's a "Next time, on..." but I generally would rather you set up the next movie within the narrative of your existing one, instead of throwing a 30-90 second scene in the end that's somewhat detached from the rest of the movie.

*I picked 1986 because of Ferris Bueller. I picked this movie because it's the first one I think of as popularizing the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    honestly want a man of steel sequel, that movie is huge. Like it is a real threat to the world.
    I am not sure how the league would react to, say, Brainiac invasion but superman solo movie is really badass if the stakes are really high.
    I think of Man of Steel as the ideal version of saiyan saga from dragonballs.
    i sort of thought zod was too weak in mos since he is nothing but punchbag for kal and jor, but faona was really badass.
    doomsday sort of fixed that as doomsday is soooo OP.
    But i am not sure how to feel about bvs
    What movie did you watch Zod had the upper hand on Clark the entire fight till the end. It was basically a trained soldier vs. a guy with no training whatso ever. Faora would have kicked Bruce's armored ass Kryptonite or no kryptonite.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    What movie did you watch Zod had the upper hand on Clark the entire fight till the end. It was basically a trained soldier vs. a guy with no training whatso ever. Faora would have kicked Bruce's armored ass Kryptonite or no kryptonite.
    she would probably use the kryptonite to whoop his ass

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post

Marvel is reaping and will likely continue to reap the benefits of getting out of the gates first.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

"The Superman sequel "Man of Steel 2" also isn't coming anytime soon, if at all. Roven says there's no script but "various story ideas" are being kicked around."

Full article: https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/201...ce-league.html

Disappointing, but not really shocking.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    "The Superman sequel "Man of Steel 2" also isn't coming anytime soon, if at all. Roven says there's no script but "various story ideas" are being kicked around."

Ideas being kicked around isn't a bad thing. A script could come out in the next few months and then production can start.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Ideas being kicked around isn't a bad thing. A script could come out in the next few months and then production can start.
    You're too optimistic. If we're lucky we'll see a Superman solo in 2021.

"How did you like Superman?"

"He’s best part of film"

https://twitter.com/ConnorFilm/statu...70693073276928

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Superman fans are going to be very happy.

BANNED

The other post-credits scene has leaked now, and boy was I smiling

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

I get the feeling they'll be singing a very different tune a few weeks or months after JL drops. Superman is receiving massive praise by people who have seen the movie already and this movie may JUST be the thing that brings our divided fanbase back together.

How do I know? Check out the DCEU thread in the DC Board. We have two posters who saw an advanced screening last night. One of them HATED the last two Snyder movies with a fiery passion. I've crossed swords with this guy several times. The other one loved the last two Snyder movies. They BOTH loved this movie.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Maybe people will finally appreciate MoS and BvS if they look at all this as a single journey.