Page 101 of 245 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3672
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I am not remotely concerned about Superman's absence from the posters. While everyone knows he's coming back, withholding him only adds to the anticipation. You don't eat your ice cream first, people.

Patience.

Besides, he's all over the *&%$ing merchandise, so relax...

Sometimes I feel like the worst thing that can happen for this JL film is mediocrity: just good enough to get $800 million or so worldwide, but not actually being appreciably better than BvS or Suicide Squad. It's like the new trend in sports where front offices either want their teams to be spectacular, or spectacularly bad.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

From the Superman Justice League Funko toy description...

spoilers:
    Hurry, Superman! The Justice League needs you -- and so does Batman, but he'll never admit to it.

The Batman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, and Flash figures are barely holding their own against invading Parademons and an axe-wielding Steppenwolf. If only Superman -- in Funko figure form -- was here...

LOOK! UP IN THE SKY! Is that...is that Superman?? IT IS! It's the Superman Justice League Movie Funko Pop Vinyl Figure and it resurrected itself moments before Steppenwolf skewered Wonder Woman with a hefty chunk of Venezuela!

Measuring 4" high, this soft-vinyl, ridiculously cute and crouching Superman caricature is based on his appearance in DC's cinematic superhero opus, Justice League.

The detail here is flawless. Light blue accents line Superman's sleeves and waist, layering a laboriously patterned costume indented with miniature S-shield symbols.

With a plastic curling cape, red, patterned boots, and a punch currently initiating tectonic seizures, our Superman vinyl figure is absolutely the League's heavy artillery.
    end of spoilers

Source: https://www.superherostuff.com/super...popsupjlmov207

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From the Superman Justice League Funko toy description...

spoilers:
    Hurry, Superman! The Justice League needs you -- and so does Batman, but he'll never admit to it.

The Batman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, and Flash figures are barely holding their own against invading Parademons and an axe-wielding Steppenwolf. If only Superman -- in Funko figure form -- was here...

LOOK! UP IN THE SKY! Is that...is that Superman?? IT IS! It's the Superman Justice League Movie Funko Pop Vinyl Figure and it resurrected itself moments before Steppenwolf skewered Wonder Woman with a hefty chunk of Venezuela!

Measuring 4" high, this soft-vinyl, ridiculously cute and crouching Superman caricature is based on his appearance in DC's cinematic superhero opus, Justice League.

The detail here is flawless. Light blue accents line Superman's sleeves and waist, layering a laboriously patterned costume indented with miniature S-shield symbols.

With a plastic curling cape, red, patterned boots, and a punch currently initiating tectonic seizures, our Superman vinyl figure is absolutely the League's heavy artillery.
    end of spoilers

Source: https://www.superherostuff.com/super...popsupjlmov207
    That's an odd description. The first thing absolutely would happen at this point, and spoilers:
    Steppenwolf skewered Wonder Woman with a hefty chunk of Venezuela
    end of spoilers sounds like hyperbole.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Sometimes I feel like the worst thing that can happen for this JL film is mediocrity: just good enough to get $800 million or so worldwide, but not actually being appreciably better than BvS or Suicide Squad. It's like the new trend in sports where front offices either want their teams to be spectacular, or spectacularly bad.
    The people involved with this project (Johns, Snyder, Whedon, etc...) are doing their best to produce a movie that not repeat the many criticized mistakes of BvS and can finally be appreciated by a wider audience, rewriting/reshooting to improve the pacing, lightening the tone, "punch up the dialogue", remove unnecessary scenes tied to the sequel(s), etc... It would be really unfortunate if the movie turned out to be mediocre.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Now that is a Justice League poster!

IMG_1548.jpg

^Great poster.

Can someone please explain to me how can I post a video link?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    ^Great poster.

Can someone please explain to me how can I post a video link?
    Look at the post toolbar. There should be a film icon, second item from the right. Click it, then enter the film's URL into the window that appears.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

^thank you, Vanguard.

I agree with this video. Great explanation. It's how I saw it too.

BvS: was Superman a Beacon of light and hope?

Everbody has an opinion, but I completely agree with this guy. I find the DCEU Superman very interesting as well as relevant. That said, I hope he becomes more confident in Justice League and the world to accept him a lot more like he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The people involved with this project (Johns, Snyder, Whedon, etc...) are doing their best to produce a movie that not repeat the many criticized mistakes of BvS and can finally be appreciated by a wider audience, rewriting/reshooting to improve the pacing, lightening the tone, "punch up the dialogue", remove unnecessary scenes tied to the sequel(s), etc... It would be really unfortunate if the movie turned out to be mediocre.
    Why it would be okay for Warner Bros. if Justice League is just mediocre or even a bad movie.

'Justice League' Is A Low Risk Movie For Warner Bros.

Warner Bros./Time Warner Inc. is hoping that Geoff Johns, Joss Whedon, Zack Snyder and the rest of the super friends can put together a crowd-pleasing and critically-pleasing Justice League movie, and that said movie makes lots of money here and abroad. But looking at the big picture, what’s really at stake for the mega-budget DC adventure beyond the dollars and cents being invested in the picture? We know that the film will either be a transitional picture or the last remnant of the so-called Snyder-verse (family tragedies notwithstanding, Justice League was almost certainly going to be Snyder’s last DC rodeo), and that the so-called new direction of the DC Films franchise will be more accurately represented in Patty Jenkins’ acclaimed/leggy Wonder Woman and James Wan’s alleged underwater swashbuckler Aquaman set for next December. The only thing at stake, right now, is how the reception of Justice League effects Warner Bros.’ reputation.
    what happens in three months when Justice League opens and it’s an artistic disaster? Well, and obviously this is worst-case-scenario talk, Warner Bros. will be able to point at Wonder Woman as a proof of concept and then point to Aquaman as the way of the future for these DC Comics movies. And moreover, after a run of well-received and well-reviewed big movies that don’t remotely smell of behind-the-scenes meddling or studio interference, they may be able to sell Justice League as the exception to the rule.

But if the movie works, if it plays at least like a serviceable crowd-pleasing, IMAX-friendly adventure movie, then no matter how much money it makes it’ll be an end to rumblings about Warner Bros. being in chaos, it may even be an end to rumblings about problems specifically within the DC Films universe. Because, if Justice League is any good, it’ll be proceeded by the rock-solid Wonder Woman and followed by a likely-to-be pretty decent Aquaman, with David F. Sandberg (fresh off Lights Out and Annabelle: Creation) waiting in the wings with Shazam along with Matt Reeves’ Batman movie. So, truth be told, the only thing really at stake with Justice League is the narrative concerning Warner Bros. and specifically the narrative concerning DC Films. Obviously, they want it to be good and they want it to make money, but WB has had a decent enough year that Justice League may, at best, merely be the victory lap.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#715fd23660b8

So either way Justice League is a win-win for Warner Bros.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Why it would be okay for Warner Bros. if Justice League is just mediocre or even a bad movie.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#715fd23660b8

So either way Justice League is a win-win for Warner Bros.
    I've maintained a similar attitude.

One way or the other, Snyder's influence is likely on the way out for the DCEU. If this movie bombs or underperforms? It'll just be the final nail in that coffin. It will be proven that Snyder's vision was just the wrong one for this current audience. Meanwhile? They're already in the process of moving away from that vision, so all they have to do is figure out a vision that DOES work.

On the other hand? If this movie DOES do well? That's just some nice vindication for Snyder. His concept of taking Superman on a journey ended well, at any rate. People who enjoyed the run (like me) get to feel a measure of closure. The people who didn't like the run will either come around and decide that the vision wasn't really THAT bad or at the very least, they'll be able to breathe a sigh of relief and say "Well thank God THAT chapter is finally over, at any rate!"

There really is no downside here. Yeah, they want it to work. If it does? Great! If it doesn't, then at least it's finally over and they can move on from there.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Eh, I know I'm delving into semantics here, but this movie is going to cost like $300 million dollars including marketing and re-shoots. It's hard for me to say there's low risk when we're talking that much money. Plus, I don't know how much of the audience are going to be willing to judge the movie based on context.

On the other hand, if it looks good, it'll probably make a billion world wide nonetheless, if Transformers is any sort of indication.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Eh, I know I'm delving into semantics here, but this movie is going to cost like $300 million dollars including marketing and re-shoots. It's hard for me to say there's low risk when we're talking that much money. Plus, I don't know how much of the audience are going to be willing to judge the movie based on context.

On the other hand, if it looks good, it'll probably make a billion world wide nonetheless, if Transformers is any sort of indication.
    What do you mean context? Like the two directors?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    What do you mean context? Like the two directors?
    As in, would people judge the movie based on full context, e.g. that there are two different directors involved, that there is creative interference from WB and DC causing a shift in tone, etc. Basically, audiences won't care about the behind the scenes, but will judge it based on whether they enjoyed it or not, and also likely how it compares to similarly-themed movies.