Page 159 of 245 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 3672
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I swore I wouldn't spoil myself and watch that scene. I have zero self control.

I gotta say, I think that was one of the best showcases of Supes powers in live action.

Also, the only CGI in that scene that looked truly wonky was Cyborg's. The rest looked fine. The moustache hiding CGI on Henry here wasn't nearly as bad as some believe. In that 7 minute clip only one or two shots looked off. If we weren't privy to the whole " moustachegate", I doubt anyone would have noticed . You REALLY have to be looking for it to see it.

My brother and mother ( whom are big Superman fans and saw MOS and BvS in the theater) aren't that aware of the whole Cavill and moustache thing. When we all go see JL on Friday I'll see if they notice anything off with Henry's face. I'm curious what some " outsiders" who haven't followed all the news think of it.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    They only slow motion I saw was from the two instances of super speed from the perspective of the two characters using super speed. Other than that, it was normal speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Yup. You don't want to watch two FTL character moving at "normal" speed. Pretty neat stuff there.

I'm saying that every scene feels like they are trying really hard to get that pause for dramatic effect feel,same as in man of steel,BvS,and wonder woman.

Superman was badass here,I'm very impressed,and that video looked super clean for a hand taping job

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    I'm saying that every scene feels like they are trying really hard to get that pause for dramatic effect feel,same as in man of steel,BvS,and wonder woman.
    Not entirely sure what you mean by that. But I do know that DC movies tend to always go for that "money shot" directing style rather than anything naturalistic. That style where both the camera and direction makes it feel like action figures are fighting. For for what they go for, it can be pretty cool, but it's become homogenized and has lost its impact, in my opinion. There are bits in this where that is no longer present, and there's a sense of natural flow between movements, so big ups to the crew for finding ways to break free from that, for however short it might be.

If that's at all close to what you mean, then I think I understand, and I can agree. They really need to save that gonzo cinematic style for big moments. Though, the movie isn't out yet, so there's a chance it might be more naturalistic outside of this admittedly big scene. But from what I saw it was cool. Clunky but very cathartic. Pass in my book.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 11-15-2017 at 06:14 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Not entirely sure what you mean by that. But I do know that DC movies tend to always go for that "money shot" directing style rather than anything naturalistic. That style where both the camera and direction makes it feel like action figures a fighting. For for what they go for, it can be pretty cool, but it's become homogenized. There are bits in this where that is no longer present, and there's a sense of natural flow between movements, so big ups to the crew for finding ways to break free from that, for however short it might be.

If that's at all close to what you mean, then I think I understand, and I can agree. They really need to save that gonzo cinematic style for big moments. Though, the movie isn't out yet, so there's a chance it might be more naturalistic outside of this admittedly big scene. But from what I saw it was cool. Clunky but very cathartic. Pass in my book.
    It was very cool,and yeah that's what I meant.

just arrived from the movie and it was awesome, altho i still think of the soundtrack and the weakest point

if there is something that was controversial to me was that it took away the seriousity of the verse, it is fun, but i think it is too much fun to address the serious situation, but make no mistake i liked it but i suppose i would like more if it was more on the serious side

BANNED

Thank you for sharing. I'll definitely have more to say later bc I definitely have some thoughts about the morally and ethically dubious decision the League makes. But I'll wait until it's not a big spoiler.

Amy Adams is one of those people that can make one word sound devastating. I didn't expect to tear up at the end of that clip.

I look forward to hearing what all of you have to say.

I've been spoiled on "that" scene going around the net, and I was pleasantly surprised by it. Maybe I'll eventually see this sooner than I thought I would. My feelings go back and forth way too much.

I LOL'd hard @spoilers:
    The look on Barry's face when he realizes that Clark is tracking him with his eyes even though he's at super-speed
    end of spoilers
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Sooo....Only look at this if you want spoilers.......And you better do it quickly before it's gone.

https://vimeo.com/242994218
    All I can say is this spoilers:
    PAYBACK!!! As we knew Bruce deserved that for what happened in Batman vs Superman.
    end of spoilers

The crowd watching it seemed to enjoy it. It's fine if this is a movie that critics hate but audiences like, box office is what truly matters not the critics....

Incredible Member

Just saw the movie. ****, it's a weird one.

spoilers:

Tonally, yeah, it's better. During the first fifteen minutes, in spite of awkward editing, I thought-- "Yeah, I can get on board with THIS DC Extended Universe"... What they're trying to do is obvious and cloying, but we DID demand they do it, so...

Bruce is a bit better (not as murdery at least), but also just kinda vanilla. Our look at Gotham was cool. But Affleck, you can tell in the reshoots... He doesn't care. I swear he makes the most over-the-top "OH WOWEE!" face when Superman shows up in the final battle-- one of maybe four or five bad joke-reaction-insert shots in the movie.

All the Amazons are cool. The flashback, while cool as well, just sorta happens. Neat briefly seeing a GL.

Wonder Woman's still great, some questionable moments aside.

Flash ranged from "oh, cool" to "ugh, shut up".

Aquaman's... fine? I don't know. I liked Atlantis.

Cyborg made even less of an impression than that.

Superman, I can confirm, is the best bit of the movie. But gosh, that face CG is always awkward at best and jaw-droppingly bad at worst (his first scene with the cellphone footage). Still-- He's confident, he's optimistic, he's happy, he believes in people. He'll crack a joke and have a laugh just as easily as he'll beat down a super-powered tyrant. Almost Bronze Age-esque. I need a solo movie with THIS Superman right damn NOW.

It just lurches from scene to scene, with no real set-ups or payoffs. Some parts I thought to myself "Do I really need to be watching this movie?", and other parts I had to stifle laughter with how **** just came and went out of nowhere... People just... SAY things... A scene in the greenscreencave Batcave in which the team out of the blue decide to resurrect Supes, and WW is out of the blue against it, and Bruce out of the blue shames her for walking away from mankind because of Steve, and yada yada.

Or during the final battle, where Batman tells the team to go fight stop Steppy while he draws away the Parademons in the Flying Fox... At the END of that sequence, the others save him from certain death and he says "This isn't the plan". To which Alfred replies "No. This is the TEAM." And I'm like "Oh, THAT'S what they were going for with this sequence?!" Could've been cool, instead? Mess.

I'd also like to point out an obvious reshoot where Diana's just wearing a red cloak over her outfit for one scene, not before or after. Just a weird little pointless thing. It's during one of the two unnecessary WonderBat sexual tension scene.
    end of spoilers

Just bizarre filmmaking. As a course correction movie, and me being a Superman/DC fan, it does enough. I hope they take their lessons from it and give us some actual, cohesive movies now. As a movie in and of itself? Probably worse than BvS.
    Last edited by titansupes; 11-16-2017 at 12:24 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RudHao View Post
    The crowd watching it seemed to enjoy it. It's fine if this is a movie that critics hate but audiences like, box office is what truly matters not the critics....
    It seems to matter to Cavill......

"Even if Marvel didn’t exist, we’d struggle. There was a style they [DC] were going for, an attempt to be different and look at things from a slightly different perspective, which hasn’t necessarily worked. Yes, it has made money but it has not been a critical success; it hasn’t given everyone that sensation which superheroes should give the viewer."

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/justi...ection-a154912

His words, not mine.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Sooo....Only look at this if you want spoilers.......And you better do it quickly before it's gone.

https://vimeo.com/242994218
    Ok, I'm on board - I'll buy this just to watch spoilers:
    Superman finally put the almighty Bat-god in his place. I'll buy the blu-ray just to watch that over...and over...and over. lol
    end of spoilers

But I do have to say, it's pretty annoying that spoilers:
    Once again, the first time this Superman has any sense of savvy is when he's not in his right mind. Pretty sick of that crap.
    end of spoilers

For those calling this strike three, I hear you.. but - and this will shock anyone who's been listening to me complain about the DCEU since MoS - this is the last film with Snyder's involvement. Regardless of what this looks like (and from many accounts it seems an odd-feeling Snyder-Whedon mashup), the next movies will feel VERY different. Hopefully they find a happy medium. You don't need jokey and Marvel to not be wallowing in a mud puddle of darkness (as I've said in various ways, repeatedly). There IS a happy medium where it still feels real and has stakes and gravitas, but still is exciting, fun, and engaging.

And, for my money so far, WW has come the closest to what I'd like to see as a general direction. But after seeing that, I might have to see Justice League in the first week now. I was going to wait until the third so WB got less money... lol
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Without spoiling anything, I think Superman fans, of all stripes, will find something to love in Justice League. I wish there was more of him in it. Given how many bits from the trailers are NOT in the final film, I would guess there's an absolute certainty that we'll be seeing yet another Extended Cut from DC here, but, unlike with Suicide Squad and BvS, the theatrical cut actually works. Barely, but it does work.

The CGI de-moustaching is only noticeable at a few points, particularly in one scene. Otherwise, it's not really a deal breaker and I think that scene is absolutely necessary for the film.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

I've seen Justice League... I have 3 major problems with it:
    1. Too short, you can't make Justice League movie 2 hours long, when MoS was 2 and half hours, BvS 2 and half hours theatrical and 3 hours director's cut.
    2. Elfman's OST. Forgettable and generic, just awful. Sounds like music from 80-90s that doesn't go with modern visuals. There is literally few seconds of Zimmer left.
    3. Joss' reshoots sometime are too much noticable.

In general I loved the movie, but I definitely don't like some of its parts separately. Some humor is unnecesarry and forced. And again, it was too short, you can literally feel the absence of some scenes.

But Superman's power level had a beautiful showcase in this movie. Amazing. Some moments literally made me want to cry out lout in excitement.

Clois though <3

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So if this franchise bottoms out, what then? Do they start over? Where do they go from here? If JL bombs do they use the out of continuity Joker movie to open the door to a new universe? Do they reboot everything with the Flash movie (one of the theories that I heard)? You can only have so many bombs before people give up. Wonder Woman can't carry the entire universe on her own.
    You get to enjoy an endless stream of opinion pieces about how everyone was totes right about DCEU being doomed from the start and more Marvel salivating. Not that the DCEU doesn't deserve a fair bit of shit, most of their films are messy and are screwed in some way by the studio with JL & SS the most obvious choices, and this is from a guy who likes most of them (haven't seen JL). But to say people from Buzzfeed or other nerd related web sites don't have an axe to grind or act like they do for the clicks is naive, anti-DCEU stuff gets LOTS of clicks, the franchise has built a reputation as being a perpetual news train wreck and that gets people talking still.