Page 160 of 245 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 3672

I can't see a Superman fan not being happy with how they treat him in this movie, be it during the action scenes or the calmer moments. It definitely does feel like a natural evolution to his character. He has such a great presence. He's litteraly shining. And there is one famous scene where he really made me laugh out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I swore I wouldn't spoil myself and watch that scene. I have zero self control.

I gotta say, I think that was one of the best showcases of Supes powers in live action.

Also, the only CGI in that scene that looked truly wonky was Cyborg's. The rest looked fine. The moustache hiding CGI on Henry here wasn't nearly as bad as some believe. In that 7 minute clip only one or two shots looked off. If we weren't privy to the whole " moustachegate", I doubt anyone would have noticed . You REALLY have to be looking for it to see it.

My brother and mother ( whom are big Superman fans and saw MOS and BvS in the theater) aren't that aware of the whole Cavill and moustache thing. When we all go see JL on Friday I'll see if they notice anything off with Henry's face. I'm curious what some " outsiders" who haven't followed all the news think of it.
    I agree but in his first scene, the mustache thing is as ugly as it is hilarious.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I'm wondering what the hell Snyder has done this time to end up with most of Superman's scenes being rewritten and reshooted.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I'm wondering what the hell Snyder has done this time to end up with most of Superman's scenes being rewritten and reshooted.
    I honestly think it has more to do with the fact JL was supposed to be two parts initially and rumor has it that the cliffhanger was Darkseid controlling Supes, and Supes not coming to his senses until JL 2. Of course plans changed after BvS got reamed critically and WB mandated a standalone film, necessitating Superman third act stuff to be reworked.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

I honestly think it has more to do with the fact JL was supposed to be two parts initially and rumor has it that the cliffhanger was Darkseid controlling Supes, and Supes not coming to his senses until JL 2. Of course plans changed after BvS got reamed critically and WB mandated a standalone film, necessitating Superman third act stuff to be reworked.
    But they've already reworked JL to be a standalone before starting filming.

BANNED

Whedon catches heat for re-tweeting a comment mocking Steppenwolf

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/jus...ake-criticism/

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

Whedon is such a Marvel fanboy.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

I doubt there was something that bad, because the beginning of Heroes trailer is clearly his job spoilers:
    (that was for some reason reshooted by Whedon and without Zimmer's score, UGH)
    end of spoilers, so he most likely planned for happy ending, especially with the BvS ending setup. Also in JL ending spoilers:
    when Clark changes into Superman, you can definitely tell it was also Zack Snyder, because Henry Cavill's upper lip wasn't cgi, it was his clean shaved face, which means that scene was done when the movie was under Zack Snyder's production. The same goes for the scene when Clark was helping to move Martha back to farm, you can also tell that scene was done by Zack Snyder, because no facial cgi on Cavill.
    end of spoilers
    So I definitely can't see any legitimate reasons to reshoot so much of Superman scenes Since cgi moustache was noticable, sometimes too much noticable, you can distinguish which scenes with Clark are Zack and which ones are Joss.
    Last edited by GreatKungLao; 11-16-2017 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    I doubt there was something that bad, because the beginning of Heroes trailer is clearly his job spoilers:
    (that was for some reason reshooted by Whedon and without Zimmer's score, UGH)
    end of spoilers, so he most likely planned for happy ending, especially with the BvS ending setup. Also in JL ending spoilers:
    when Clark changes into Superman, you can definitely tell it was also Zack Snyder, because Henry Cavill's upper lip wasn't cgi, it was his clean shaved face, which means that scene was done when the movie was under Zack Snyder's production. The same goes for the scene when Clark was helping to move Martha back to farm, you can also tell that scene was done by Zack Snyder, because no facial cgi on Cavill.
    end of spoilers
    So I definitely can't see any legitimate reasons to reshoot so much of Superman scenes Since cgi moustache was noticable, sometimes too much noticable, you can distinguish which scenes with Clark are Zack and which ones are Joss.
    Perhaps lack of lines and interaction with the other leaguers, I dunno.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

This dude is a savage lmao.

Like, why though lol
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

The lack of HUMOROUS interactions most likely, duh...

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

WB probably came to their senses about what a bad idea an "evil Superman" would have been, and reworked it all.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

That's possible. I've seen some people quip that Cavill's speaks more in his time in JL than he did through the entirety of BvS and MOS. I just wish Tom Cruise would have let Henry shave for his JL reshoots. It would have been easier for the make up department to come up with a convincing fake moustache rather than Force Warner's to CGI it away.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Oh god LOL

That's possible. I've seen some people quip that Cavill's speaks more in his time in JL than he did through the entirety of BvS and MOS.
    That's music for my ears. Coming back from the dead makes you talkative.

I just wish Tom Cruise would have let Henry shave for his JL reshoots. It would have been easier for the make up department to come up with a convincing fake moustache rather than Force Warner's to CGI it away.
    Yeah, Cavill's CGI'ed moustache is a common complaint from what I'm reading.