Page 163 of 245 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3672

Watching Justice League I got the feeling that the people at Warner Bros. looked at the Superman that was on TV's Supergirl and said "Why can't we have THAT Superman in our movie?"
    I would be hard pressed to find any substantial difference in the way Superman acted in Justice League and the way Superman acted on Supergirl. Geoff Johns was one of the people that
    created TV's Supergirl, and now Geoff Johns is the president of DC Films, so there is that connection.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

The film has only been out 24 hours (since 6pm Thursday) in the US. It's already made $13 million Thursday night alone.

Guess it's up to us to get the word out and tell and take as many of our friends, family and coworkers about the film and to go see it.

DC films have never done stellar business in China. Star Wars hasn't captured the Chinese audience imagination either. The MCU, XCU, Fast and the Furious, Jurassic World, Transformers and Warcraft movies all did/do stellar business in China. I wonder what's the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    The film has only been out 24 hours (since 6pm Thursday) in the US. It's already made $13 million Thursday night alone.

Guess it's up to us to get the word out and tell and take as many of our friends, family and coworkers about the film and to go see it.

DC films have never done stellar business in China. Star Wars hasn't captured the Chinese audience imagination either. The MCU, XCU, Fast and the Furious, Jurassic World, Transformers and Warcraft movies all did/do stellar business in China. I wonder what's the deal?
    it is most likely a cultural preference, i suppose they preffer theyr theatrics to go with the shade of gray theme instead of black/white that the westender audience preffer

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post

Marvel openly caters to China they made Ancient One a Caucasian woman over Asian as to have no hints to the Ancient One be Tibetan also Iron Man 3 had scenes made just for China with a minor subplot involving a Chinese Scientist.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Marvel openly caters to China they made Ancient One a Caucasian woman over Asian as to have no hints to the Ancient One be Tibetan also Iron Man 3 had scenes made just for China with a minor subplot involving a Chinese Scientist.
    Ah, I had forgotten about these things.

Yeah, I know Disney in general spends a lot of money to court the fast growing movie market and economy in the world. Crazy, man.

Henry Cavill thanks fans of the DCEU.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbfdV3hl...by=henrycavill

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I saw it... Enjoyed it a lot. My full review is over on the DC Comics board on the opinion poll thread.

Supes is awesome in this is all I will say.

I just pray we get at least another solo Superman film with Henry before he leaves the role . If not I think I'll riot.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I saw it... Enjoyed it a lot. My full review is over on the DC Comics board on the opinion poll thread.

I just pray we get at least another solo Superman film with Henry before he leaves the role . If not I think I'll riot.
    I have my issues with the DCEU and even their portrayal of Superman but I've never had issue with Henry Cavill he is a great Superman who deserves another solo film. I just hope we get someone other than Zod or Luthor perhaps Brainiac. I'd settle for Metallo I mean sadly he's been an option IMO since 84's Terminator

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I have my issues with the DCEU and even their portrayal of Superman but I've never had issue with Henry Cavill he is a great Superman who deserves another solo film. I just hope we get someone other than Zod or Luthor perhaps Brainiac. I'd settle for Metallo I mean sadly he's been an option IMO since 84's Terminator
    I think Metallo would be smarter, despite how much I want to see Brainiac on screen. The reason I say this is that they have to somehow reinstall Clark at the Planet, actually show what this version of Superman is like in Metropolis since we really haven't seen that, and actually show us the connection between Clark and Lois. Having a villain like Metallo is easy to setup, doesn't require as much of a budget as brainiac, and gets away from ANOTHER alien invasion.

But then again...I'm pretty convinced we'll never get another Cavill Superman solo.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Saw Justice League a few hours ago. Had a really fun time. Super clunky, but surprisingly charming. Also, yeah, DAT DUDE SUPERMAN was MVP (surprising given everyone was at least fun if not great (Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash) in this movie). The movie really kind of wobbles along till the end, but the strength of the individual actors really keeps the whole thing stable. Danny Elfman's score was actually really dope.

And since this a spoiler thread, I really wanna talk about how I wasn't expecting them to just straight up establish that Superman was not only "more powerful than a planet," able to take out the whole League with minimal effort, and nearly as fast as the Flash, but that he's also MORE EFFECTIVE than the armies of Atlantes, Paradise Island, a GL, and Zeus along with other gods. That mega army could only stalemate Steppenwolf and drive him off. Superman was so unbothered by that guy that he left out to race the Flash for a second, save a whole apartment building of people, and then come back to say "is this guy still bothering you?" If I hadn't just watched it I wouldn't have believed WB/DC would have the balls for it.

Man, I don't know if it's this Thor high I'm on right now, but JL hit me just right.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post

I think there's a real chance we won't. This weekend's take is looking to be a big disappointment. And its hard to imagine it just not getting worse from there. So I can only imagine there's going to be a lot of re-evaluation coming off of what is looking to be another financial failure. Which very well could leave MOS 2 and all other potential projects not off the ground in big time limbo. Wonder Woman 2 will still happen. Aquaman's in post production so that will happen. But the future otherwise is incredibly murky now. Which just really figures when they finally seem to have gotten Superman right.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-17-2017 at 10:48 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Well, right now my prediction of a billion dollar box office is looking pretty stupid...

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Don't you get the feeling the critics feel like they didn't punish BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE enough, and are now punishing JUSTICE LEAGUE to make up the difference? I feel like a really good movie is being punished for a previous flawed movie's sins.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Is this the first time Superman has used freeze breath in the DCEU? Or am I just not remembering the times he used in in MoS and BvS?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Is this the first time Superman has used freeze breath in the DCEU? Or am I just not remembering the times he used in in MoS and BvS?
    Yes. He hasn't exhibited freeze breath until now. JUSTICE LEAGUE is the first time DCEU Superman seems to have complete confidence and skill in using his powers, whereas in the two previous films, he seemed to be feeling his way through using them.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I haven't watched the movie yet, probably in 2 or 3 days. But I have spoiled myself the return of Superman. I am not a fan of the League resurrecting Clark like the way they did it in the movie but I didn't dislike it as much as I thought I would. Maybe it's because of Barry, his reaction when he realized Superman could react to his speed was priceless. Making Superman more powerful than the league also has satisfied the fanboy inside me ;-) Pretty much everyone I have talked to about the movie has high opinions about how the movie has handled Superman (except few complaints about making him too OP), so that's one major thing I will be looking forward to.

As much excited as I am to watch the JL on the big screen, I am a little concerned too. The movie is getting a lot of negative reviews. From what I heard the box office performance isn't good either.