Page 166 of 245 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 3672
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Saw the movie and loved it! A treat for Superman Fans and this was his best portrayal in a long time. He was inspirational, courageous, and powerful. Cavil nailed it. VERY thankful Whedon was involved.

I read a rumor:

spoilers:
    Did Snyder's Script have Superman being a bad guy this movie? If yes, Whedon SAVED Superman. All of his parts in the movie really made me happy.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Man about cavills hair,did u notice after he came back and was in the supersuit that he had shitloads of chest hair showing.is that new? That was more noticeable than his face being CGI imo.
    You could see chest hair with the MOS suit. The BvS suit had his collar higher, so you couldn't see his chest hair. The JL suit looks like a return to MOS's low collar but with the brighter colors from the BvS suit.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Deleted scenes with unfinished special effects https://vimeo.com/user74470478

We could have had it all...

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Saw the movie and loved it! A treat for Superman Fans and this was his best portrayal in a long time. He was inspirational, courageous, and powerful. Cavil nailed it. VERY thankful Whedon was involved.

I read a rumor:

spoilers:
    Did Snyder's Script have Superman being a bad guy this movie? If yes, Whedon SAVED Superman. All of his parts in the movie really made me happy.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    there were rumors that he'd be a threat to the other leaguers after he was resurrected because he wouldn't be in his right mind, which is basically what happened in the theatrical release. Not really something I had a problem with, tends to be a thing when someone gets resurrected in, they usually go a little apeshit at first (take the lazarus pit for example). And we got an ok action sequence out of it. But then again by the look of Superman's face in some shots of that bit, there were CLEARLY some reshoots there, so maybe crazy Superman went differently in the originally Snyder draft.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post

I read a rumor:

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    No, he was not indented as a villain, because that last shot of the entire League that looked like a masterpiece picture that you could pause, print and hang on the wall, was Zack Snyder's doing, there is a photo from the shooting of that exact moment:

Also, since reshoots were very distinguishable thanks to Henry's CGI face because of moustache, after 3rd viewing of the movie I'm 100% sure and can bet my own life on the fact that the scene spoilers:
    where Clark and Lois help Martha move back to farm and Clark changing into Superman was all Zack Snyder, because Henry Cavill had his natural face without CGI.
    end of spoilers
    So no, Zack Snyder's Superman was not a villain.

I just realised something else after 3rd vieweing of Justice League.
    spoilers:
    When Clark and Lois landed on the field and she extended him her hand, they started walking towards the farm. But later Lois says that Clark didn’t even entered the house BUT HAS A SHIRT FOR SOME REASON.

While in Heroes trailer we see Lois coming out of Kent house and looking at Clark standing in the corn field.

You know what I realised? We’ve been robbed of an entire motage about how Clark was walking around Kent house, looking at pictures and stuff and remembering his life back! And I think the shirt belongs to Jonathan Kent, which he put on by himself when he found it in the house.
    I’m 100% sure of that.

And when he put that shirt, he most likely walked out of the house and went to the corn field and Lois followed. And then the ring stuff happened.

What makes me even more sure of that is that the entire premise of Clark taking Lois with him and flying to the Kent farm was to give him an opportunity to get his memories back and restore his identity again, Lois was a solid start for that and Kent house was suppose to be a continuation of that, but we were robbed of that. And again, SHE STARTED WALKING HIM TOWARDS THE FARM HOUSE, like it is so obvious we were supposed to see him walking around that house and remembering who he is.
    end of spoilers

I also realized that someone approved a reshooted scene where Clark compares farm house where he was raised, cherished, loved and protected by Kents with a freaking coffin. To whoever wrote it and approved to be made - I will be getting away with murder.

Incredible Member

Was Clark supposed to be really "dead" though? The ending of BvS showed the soil on top of the coffin rising. They could have thrown in a line that he was in a healing coma undetectable with current human tech. His injuries from the fight with Doomsday did heal (just like in the Death of Superman arc).

Just got back from JL.

Ya'll know how much I hated BvS for how it treated Clark.

This movie did a whole lot to fix that. Every scene with him is pure magic.

@ GreatKungLao; If you've seen it three times I won't argue, but I thought Lois said something along the lines of Clark *barely* staying in the house. I took it to mean that yes, he did go in the house (he had a change of clothes, he must've gone in at some point!) but didn't spend much time inside.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Just got back from JL.

You should thanks Johns and Whedon for that... even if you hate doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I'll thank whoever is responsible.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    He also spoke more in his 15-20 mins of screen time than he did in MOS and BvS in total. Which helped a lot.

I get that Snyder was kinda aiming for the vibe of the Fleischer cartoons in terms of not having him super talkative , but damn it, Cavill's voice is perfect as well as his natural charm and charisma. Play to his strengths as an actor.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    He also spoke more in his 15-20 mins of screen time than he did in MOS and BvS in total. Which helped a lot.

I get that Snyder was kinda aiming for the vibe of the Fleischer cartoons in terms of not having him super talkative
    , but damn it, Cavill's voice is perfect as well as his natural charm and charisma. Play to his strengths as an actor.
    worked a lot better in MOS than in BvS imo. Largely because of him sharing the spotlight with Bats. I mean, there is a reason why they chirp Supes up when he's with Batman in the comics. First of all, as much as I love Superman, he's not going to beat Batman at the "strong silent type" game, he's just not. Secondly, their interactions in the movie sucked partially because their personalities didn't have enough contrast if that makes sense (though there were other reasons why their scenes together fell flat that I won't get into).

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Just got back from JL.

@ GreatKungLao; If you've seen it three times I won't argue, but I thought Lois said something along the lines of Clark *barely* staying in the house. I took it to mean that yes, he did go in the house (he had a change of clothes, he must've gone in at some point!) but didn't spend much time inside.
    Yep. He had barely spent any time in the house, and his reasoning for not wanting to be in an enclosed space (the house) is because he had been in a tiny coffin for so long. Pretty easy scene to understand (I saw it twice, got it on the first try lol).
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Yep. He had barely spent any time in the house, and his reasoning for not wanting to be in an enclosed space (the house) is because he had been in a tiny coffin for so long. Pretty easy scene to understand (I saw it twice, got it on the first try lol).
    Still feels out of character to compare Kent house with a coffin. The Kent house is suppose to bring back good memories of a childhood with a loving family, but they made it sound like it was same of a place as being dead in a coffin. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Still feels out of character to compare Kent house with a coffin. The Kent house is suppose to bring back good memories of a childhood with a loving family, but they made it sound like it was same of a place as being dead in a coffin. Ugh.
    They didn’t do that though. He’s just saying he wants to be outside where there’s no boundaries, no containment. Basically he’s feeling a tad claustrophobic, if anything. They didn’t appear to be comparing the Kent farmhouse, specifically, to anything besides the feeling of being couped up.

Now if you’d said you were angry at the dialogue for “Itchy”, I’d be right there with you. It seemed very “Marvelish” to answer such a deep question with what came off as a joke. That line felt very Whedon-like.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."