Page 206 of 245 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3672
    Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

One thing Snyder definitely achieved is that he made people talk about Superman like they never did prior to Man of Steel. Superman Returns was quickly forgotten and New 52 was as divisive as The Last Jedi. But Man of Steel actually brought a lot of new people into fandom, also pissed a bunch of others, but ever since he is never as noteless as he was.
    Maybe it's just me, but MoS was my ray of light during dark era of New 52. Snyder's Superman felt much closer to home.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Well, someone finally made one!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post

Well, someone finally made one!
    Let's hope that Mission: Impossible 6 is worth of the moustache-gate.

Batman stunt double and Zack Snyder long time collaborator Richard Cetrone "Know for a fact that a Zack Snyder cut does exist"...

https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinemati...d_zack_snyder/

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

There is a Snyder cut??? Oh man.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Batman stunt double and Zack Snyder long time collaborator Richard Cetrone "Know for a fact that a Zack Snyder cut does exist"...

https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinemati...d_zack_snyder/

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Honest curiosity: Is a Snyder Cut of JL not something a Superman fan should dread instead of cherish? While I do look very much forward to an extended JL; a "lets make Supes miserable again" Snyder JL variant is, I fear, going to undo a lot of stuff which is applauded in JL as a step in the right direction and renewed interest in a MoS2 not done by Snyder while adding a lot of the stuff fans roasted MoS & BvS for.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Honest curiosity: Is a Snyder Cut of JL not something a Superman fan should dread instead of cherish? While I do look very much forward to an extended JL; a "lets make Supes miserable again" Snyder JL variant is, I fear, going to undo a lot of stuff which is applauded in JL as a step in the right direction and renewed interest in a MoS2 not done by Snyder while adding a lot of the stuff fans roasted MoS & BvS for.
    because fans are not homogeneos things that think in the very same perception on what is "the right direction", i for one prefer a superman that take disasters and threats as serious things instead of an opportunity to [insert light joke here]. but that is obviously just me

Quote Originally Posted by Agniwolf View Post
    i for one prefer a superman that take disasters and threats as serious things instead of an opportunity to [insert light joke here].
    Well, that pretty much is MoS Superman, too.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Well, that pretty much is MoS Superman, too.
    touché

let me say then that maybe the perception of such portrayal is different

“The bizarre decision not to have Superman included in the marketing stopped ‘Justice League’ from potentially hitting $100 million opening weekend,” the insider said.

Full article: https://www.thewrap.com/warner-bros-...-wonder-woman/

I wonder if WB regrets having sidelined and killed Superman too.

Henry Cavill himself has been pretty quiet. I hope that means he'll break his silence on a new MoS 2 update soon.

“The bizarre decision not to have Superman included in the marketing stopped ‘Justice League’ from potentially hitting $100 million opening weekend,” the insider said.

Didn't help that it was around an hour and 16 minutes before Superman even showed up. Not counting that weird cell phone scene at the beginning. And even after that Superman was barely in the movie.

Maybe WB laments that they couldn't kill him in consecutive movies.

“I love superhero movies. I’ve always considered it an honor to market films that fans feel so passionately about. And I think our track record stands for itself,” Kroll said. “As for the ‘Justice League’ campaign, I stand behind everything we did. It was a strategic and creative campaign, and I am immensely proud of the work done by all of us.”
    What track record?! At best you can say the DCEU is hit and miss, not some sort of astounding success. And the promotional and marketing stuff (particularly the trailers) were just ugly as sin. I get it, difference of opinion, but don't get so caught up in your own pride and double down on a misstep.

I guess she does have a point about "track record." The promotional and marketing stuff lines up with the movie performances...
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 01-11-2018 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    What track record?! At best you can say the DCEU is hit and miss, not some sort of astounding success. And the promotional and marketing stuff (particularly the trailers) were just ugly as sin. I get it, difference of opinion, but don't get so caught up in your own pride and double down on a misstep.

I guess she does have a point about "track record." The promotional and marketing stuff lines up with the movie performances...
    The Justice League trailers were very underwhelming. Way too dark and bland visually and CGI heavy. I can see why Thor cleaned up at the box office in comparison.