Page 215 of 245 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 3672
    where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I'd trust her more to respect the vision of what came before and retain what worked instead of someone like say, that Matt Vaughn guy.

Maybe Wonder Woman 2 can be turned into Man of Steel 2. Wonder Woman fights a Superman villain and Superman saves the day, and the film introduces Supergirl, and a resurrected Jimmy Olsen (or turn him into a zombie) can replace Steve Trevor as Wondy's love interest. After all Batman and Wonder Woman hijacked Superman's sequel from him so it's about time Clark got some revenge.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    I'd trust her more to respect the vision of what came before and retain what worked instead of someone like say, that Matt Vaughn guy.

Maybe Wonder Woman 2 can be turned into Man of Steel 2. Wonder Woman fights a Superman villain and Superman saves the day, and the film introduces Supergirl, and a resurrected Jimmy Olsen (or turn him into a zombie) can replace Steve Trevor as Wondy's love interest. After all Batman and Wonder Woman hijacked Superman's sequel from him so it's about time Clark got some revenge.
    A real revenge would be if Superman hijacks the Batman movie, making it bright and optimistic, focusing entirely on Superman solving Gotham's problems with ease while Batman is reduced to a background character that barely speak.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

We could've have it all

IMG_20180213_130122.jpg

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

If indeed this latest story that Snyder was fired was true , then it indeed does change the entire narrative that Warner's sold to us all through 2017, and it was a bold faced lie, and proves to me that WB brass that were running the show were either recklessly incompetent and financialy irresponsible or gutless weasles. Actually probably both.

Zack Snyder did his job. The studio hired him three times to make HIS vision of Superman and the DCU. That's what he did, for better or worse, but it was obviously what they wanted, until they didn't. I mean, there were several junctures where they could have pulled away from Snyder without causing utter chaos. After MOS supposidly underperformed, that would have been a good time to just hire another director for the sequel.

If WB were so upset with BvS not pulling a billion, then what they should have done is halt production, relieve Zack of his duties before he started filming and made the change then. It would have been the right thing for everyone. You don't have the guy pretty much make the damn movie,THEN fire him and go back and reshoot probably at least half the movie, ballooning the budget even more to the point where there was no hope of it being profitable unless it did ,say, the 1.3 billion The Last Jedi made.

Once they decided to keep Snyder, they should have let him finish the movie he was making, publicly announce that JL was the end of Zack Snyder's Superman/DCEU trilogy and market the movie as such. I guarantee it probably wouldn't have done much worse, and it may have even done better financially seeing as the budget would have been smaller. WB still could have pivoted to a Snyder-free DCEU and by now I think most everyone would have moved on. Zack would have had his three movies completing his arc. If the film was destined to fail either way, then why pump more money into it beyond the original budget. It's absolutely idiotic.

Instead,It looks like from what we've learned that WB intentially did everything in its power for JL to not only fail, but fail spectacularly, and attempt to then try and lay that failure largely at Snyder's feet in order to accomplish the same result we would have had regardless whether he was able to finish this movie or not. Now, not only does the WB have a turkey financially, but now that this is bubbling to the surface, horrible PR. Again, idiotic if true, Which it looks like it is.

This explains why Affleck stepped away from The Batman as a director, and why he wants out of the role altogether.if they did that to Zack, he probably realized they could do that to him too.

This also explains the near 11th hour Revelation that the undee 2 hour run time was studio mandated, Which I doubt was true, considering it looks like most of the Narrative surrounding JL was made up bullcrap.More than likely with the rushed schedule to reshoot, all they could do is salvage a 2 hour film from this, and that was floated out there to control the narrative and keep the lie going that the movie released was Snyder's movie.

As an added bonus, based on those two deleted scenes, the narrative that Zack Snyder's cut of JL would have made Superman evil or Uber dark is looking to be complete crap. As those two scenes are devoid of the frankenmoustache , they were shot by Snyder. Supes is all brightly colored...And smiling! Almost as if Snyder himself planned for JL to be Kal's full coming out party. It looks like Supes arc would have mostly been the same, except less cringy CGI and jokes.

Honestly, I don't know if I will be buying JL after all. I'm not sure I can give money to and reward a company for gross incompetence and cowardness. Hell, as much as I want to see another Henry Cavill Superman movie, at this point I'm not sure I can justify spending money to see that, or even the other DCEU movies That prospect depresses me as a DC fan.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 02-13-2018 at 02:51 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

IMG_20180213_144542.jpg

And they included A LOT of normal Henry Cavill in BTS bonus material

IMG_20180213_144936.jpg

Please, no more Wonder Woman in a Superman movie or vice versa. Her presence is one of the main things that ruined BvS for me. No Batman either. Keep them away from Superverse and focus on getting the character right. After all the bashing MoS (a movie I really liked) and BvS (I hated it) received, we need a Superman movie that isn't controversial.

WB executives: We have to deviate as much as possible from Zack Snyder's vision, his Superman doesn't even smile!

Henry Cavill: But...

WB executives: You call that a smile?! Vax your moustache and invest $100 million more into CGI!

WB executives: Now that's a smile! RELEASE THIS IN THEATRES, NO DELAY!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    If indeed this latest story that Snyder was fired was true , then it indeed does change the entire narrative that Warner's sold to us all through 2017, and it was a bold faced lie, and proves to me that WB brass that were running the show were either recklessly incompetent and financially irresponsible or gutless weasles. Actually probably both.
    While I hate Z.Snyder's vision for his films, and am in a way glad he was fired, you do make a good fair point about how cowardly and pathetic and unfair WB were in this. They should have figured out long ago they didn't want any more Snyder and ended it then. Greedy artless cowards.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    While I hate Z.Snyder's vision for his films, and am in a way glad he was fired, you do make a good fair point about how cowardly and pathetic and unfair WB were in this. They should have figured out long ago they didn't want any more Snyder and ended it then. Greedy artless cowards.
    As far as I'm concerned, they hired Zack Snyder to make a Zack Snyder version of Superman. That's what he did. If they were dissatisfied with the box office and critical outcome, then they should have thanked Zack for his service, then moved on to someone else. You don't keep the guy on twice and then have him make the third movie, THEN fire him and then basically use the death of the guy's daughter to smooth over an 11 the hour hijacking of the movie, do a bunch of reshoots, then cut up both batches of footage, stitch them together and then go around selling it as " a Zack Snyder film", They should have either fired him when BvS underperformed, or bite the bullet, let Snyder film his version and release it and let the chips fall where they may. Would the film done any worse in gross? Maybe...But given the ballooned budget due to all the rejiggering removing it from the equation, I think there's a high probability they would have ended up with the same result. Just without the waste of time and resources and needless bad PR that DCEU doesn't need. Snyder's film would have came out, bombed or flew, and we could all have moved on.

The only real perceived improvement to the movie's theatrical cut was Superman being more like his classic self, but given the two deleted scenes and the original Snyder footage that made it into to the Frankenstein cut, it doesn't look like Snyder's version was going to make Supes evil or dark or morose as some people have claimed. In fact it's pretty darned close to what Whedon supposidly put to screen, just without the cringe worthy CGI on his face and some groan worthy dialogue. Which begs the question...Were those reshoots actually improvements? It's looking less and less likely it was.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

BANNED

Warner Bros got the DCEU wrong right from the start.

There was no plan. Goyer had an idea for a Superman movie, Nolan told WB about it and they decided to launch a cinematic Universe off of that. The odds were against it right from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    The only real perceived improvement to the movie's theatrical cut was Superman being more like his classic self, but given the two deleted scenes and the original Snyder footage that made it into to the Frankenstein cut, it doesn't look like Snyder's version was going to make Supes evil or dark or morose as some people have claimed. In fact it's pretty darned close to what Whedon supposidly put to screen, just without the cringe worthy CGI on his face and some groan worthy dialogue. Which begs the question...Were those reshoots actually improvements? It's looking less and less likely it was.
    Not to mention that in one of BTS footage it is clear that classic shirt ripping scene was also shot by Snyder

He was meant to complete the circle

I think Zack Snyder had the idea of when Superman comes back from the dead with his memories being in flux, he will need to go through familiar places and remind himself once and for all what it makes to be Superman. He regains Clark Kent with Lois and Martha, there was meant to be engagement ring plotline as was seen in the final trailer, and on the scout ship he was meant to regain Kal-El, because it was the place where he learned his origin and met Jor-El, also got his first costume.

Once he gathered his pieces back into one solid persona, he comes back like this:

So at this point I have literally no idea how the hell Zack Snyder's JL was "unwatchable" according to first rumors after test screenings and I have a feeling they made theatrical JL bad on purpose in order for people to remember Zack Snyder as a bad influence on DCEU and move away from him as far as possible. That's just cruel to do such a thing in the process of production of the series he dedicated almost 10 years of his life to.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

History repeats itself.

Donner wasn't allowed to complete his version of Superman II or do Superman III.

Snyder's vision was highjacked while the film was in production and he was seemingly removed from post-production.

SMH

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    History repeats itself.

Donner wasn't allowed to complete his version of Superman II or do Superman III.

Snyder's vision was highjacked while the film was in production and he was seemingly removed from post-production.

SMH
    Although to be fair, the Donner situation was because of the Salkinds. WB was mostly in Donner's corner, but couldn't really do anything because the Salkinds pretty much had nearly full control of the first three films. In this case, it all comes down to Weasel Bro...Er, I mean Warner Brothers.

Justice League: Snyder’s Version Was The ‘True’ Superman
    “In my opinion this is the first time we see Superman in truth. We have seen the origin story of Superman. We have seen the downfall and doubt of Superman. And finally with this rebirth, we see the true Superman. The Superman who is confident and sure, and full of hope and joy.”

His description of Man of Steel and Batman v Superman as steps on the road to the creation of the DCEU’s “true” Superman makes sense – we even made the same argument before Justice League released. And for some, Justice League delivers exactly that… even after Superman’s actual “return” wound up in deleted scenes. And just as Snyder was criticized by some for “ruining Superman,” those who see his redemption in Justice League are just as likely to give credit to Joss Whedon and Geoff Johns for “rescuing” Supes. Snyder had nothing but praise for Johns, as well. But how do we know that it’s specifically Snyder‘s version of the movie Cavill is discussing?

Again, the culprit is Cavill’s inescapable mustache. The mustache that posed a problem for reshoots when he refused to shave it (along with Paramount). And the mustache whose CG shadow revealed that almost all of Cavill’s Justice League performance was reshot or removed. The mustache that Cavill sported through the entire Justice League press tour, and wears to this day. Which means if you’ve got footage of Henry Cavill discussing Justice League or filming scenes clean shaven (and in the original Superman suit), it could only have been captured before the production underwent its sizable shift in direction.

Given what else has been released along with the digital version of Justice League, Cavill’s description is easy to grasp. Aside from the black Superman suit that would have thrilled fans, the larger deleted scene made good on Man of Steel. Clark left the Kryptonian ship the first time unsure of his mission. In Justice League, his iconic suit is an established role and identity – one he embraces, having reunited with Lois (part of the “joy” Cavill likely refers to). All of which explains why Cavill calls his return not a “resurrection” of the Superman that was, but as “a rebirth” into the true idea of Superman.

All the evidence means these comments were directed at the story that he and Zack Snyder had actually committed to film – which may seem obvious to fans of the series, but hard to believe for his loudest critics (who may dismiss Cavill’s comments as typical PR speak). The truth may never be known.

The worse part? If the long-discussed Snyder cut of Justice League is never released, the payoff of the “true” Superman’s arrival will never get to be appreciated, or even discussed, either.