Page 238 of 245 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 3672

I think it would be cool to see Atomic Skull on the big screen. He’s a really underrated villain. Hell I also think a live action adaptation of Superman vs The Elite would be cool to see.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    For me, it's better to think of Snyder as trying to make the best of a bad situation (ymmv on his success) and WB's overreach and that being part of the reason for it's shortcomings than to think he got what he wanted and that's still what happened. It paints a lesser picture of Snyder for me than the alternative, hence why I say it's "better." The alternative in many fans' minds was to flesh out the character of Superman fully (if we're doing a slow burn with it like they did) before putting a lot of other characters in to eat needed screen time. I do still think that's a better alternative.
    We'll have to agree to disagree about those scenes creating distance. I thought the juxtaposition of Superman's actions over the conversation was effective in making us admire and empathize with Superman. He's just a guy trying to do the right thing, but because of the nature of who he is, that creates controversy; it raises questions and insecurities that Superman can't easily resolve. He perseveres anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Further pondering on this; BvS biggest problem with it as it where was that it behaved as if it was preceded by a 2nd Man of Steel movie. We had a first one that gave the world a Superman with an origin movie which makes the world feel unsure if they should be happy about their new hero; we should have gotten a second one which should show him more along the lines as he was in JL; all more positive and more unmistakeably the hopeful big blue boyscout and then the BvS as it was. BvS did said repeadingly how much a big hope symbol he was and showed it quite a few scenes (which where always kind of dark and in a "should he play god?" context) but it would have been entirely different to actually had a movie before which has all the positivity (and bright colors :P) attached to it. IMO at least.

Besides BvS also had a crappy spoilerish marketing/trailer narrative; WW & DD should & could have been surprises; mind-blown first audience impression generates a powerful word-of-mouth advertising. Remember the scene in which WW makes her first appearance as WW and block the beam from DD? Even knowing that WW might appear at some point that was staged like you would assume Supes at first. Now imagine that scenes effect if there was absolutely no clue beforehand that GGs character is WW (which could have been easily tweaked by 1) not showing the photograph before and 2) not drop the "Mrs Prince" line).

Oh well. Whats done is done. Can we get a MoS2 now, pretty please?
    I don't think that works. It wouldn't make sense that it would take so long for people to consider the issues that BvS raised, and it would be worse to suggest Superman's place in the world was a lot more secure and comfortable and that could be undermined so easily. I do agree about the marketing, though.

If they continue with the current DCEU continuity, I'm still throwing my hat in for Blaze and Silver Banshee with the plot being the former being after his soul and Banshee being Earth-bound demoness under her control to help make that happen. Maybe Satanus too but I like the female villains and three usually proves too much.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    We'll have to agree to disagree about those scenes creating distance. I thought the juxtaposition of Superman's actions over the conversation was effective in making us admire and empathize with Superman. He's just a guy trying to do the right thing, but because of the nature of who he is, that creates controversy; it raises questions and insecurities that Superman can't easily resolve. He perseveres anyway.
    Maybe it's that the scenes are (for me) undercut by the dialogue a bit, instead of the other way around. For me, him floating in the distance with the people on the flooded house's roof reaching up to him emphasized the "god" aspect of Superman and the statements that went with that stuck out, in turn, above the others. If you have those statements over him in action (not slow-mo) saving people would have been a more balanced audio/visual narrative. But I'm sick of the god-imagery obsession that people have had with Superman since before Donner, so that doesn't help either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If they continue with the current DCEU continuity, I'm still throwing my hat in for Blaze and Silver Banshee with the plot being the former being after his soul and Banshee being Earth-bound demoness under her control to help make that happen. Maybe Satanus too but I like the female villains and three usually proves too much.
    This would be cool, I think. Maybe not for the next movie, but the one after it. I mean, assuming we get a "next" movie with Cavill in the first place.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Joss Whedon reshooted even the Lex/Deathstroke scene. You can see his name in the board behind Eisenberg...

Whedon.jpg

Is there anything in this movie that Joss hasn't reshooted?

Cavill on when we can see him as Superman again: https://twitter.com/fandango/status/989322748005527552

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    He has such expert use of his eyebrows.

Cavill has a lot of ideas for MoS2: https://twitter.com/APEntertainment/...55316239704064

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

You see?! The expression... the conflict... the giving-The-Rock-a-run-for-his-money...

Cavill has a lot of ideas for MoS2: https://twitter.com/APEntertainment/...55316239704064
    As do I... as do I...

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post

As do I... as do I...
    Me three.

I've been writing them all down and putting them in a coherent narrative

BANNED

This almost always happens with Super actors, they get more creatively involved. Tom Welling became a producer on Smallville.

Over the past month or two, I’ve been hearing rumblings that Henry Cavill was in negotiations with the studio to extend his DC contract beyond the one picture that’s still left on his deal. The rumor I heard was they wanted to make Superman the glue that ties all the DC movies together, which would feature the iconic character making small, but memorable, appearances in all the movies sort of like the way Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury pops up in most of the Marvel movies. However, while the rumors have been pretty loud from some very reliable sources, I couldn’t get anything 100% confirmed, so it’s still all in the rumor category.

[...] I asked about the status of Man of Steel 2 and his DC contract. Regarding the Man of Steel sequel, Cavill was very careful with his wording and said:

“I’m having a lot of conversations, behind-the-scenes, with certain people and we will hopefully be having conversations with other people who are also behind-the-scenes to make things start happening. It is very much in my desire to do a Man of Steel 2, a direct sequel to Man of Steel, and there is a whole bunch of Superman story that I want to tell. There is a whole style of Superman’s character that I’m very keen to tell and I’m looking forward to the opportunity.”

[...] But after he gave me his carefully worded answer, I decided to ask about the rumors I’ve been hearing about his DC contract. As you’ll immediately see, he starts to look at someone off camera and smile, like maybe I hit on something they’ve been working on behind-the-scenes.

Read the full article here: http://collider.com/man-of-steel-2-h...l-dc-contract/

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-26-2018 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    This almost always happens with Super actors, they get more creatively involved. Tom Welling became a producer on Smallville.
    Probably because most of them actually read a Superman comic at one point, which makes them more knowledgeable about the character than any of the morons in upper management at WB.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Good thing Henry was reading Rebirth recently. Maybe we will get Kent family in DCEU... or Mr Oz arc!