Page 242 of 245 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245 LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 3672

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    There is also the Smallville issue with the film. He got mad about Zod attacking his mother which is understandable but also took the fight from his family farm miles outside of town to the heart of Smallville. That with the Metropolis fight makes it appear like he didn't care about collateral damage compare that to Superman II where Zod realized his want to protect people was his Achilles heel it's a jarring contrast of portrayals of the character and hard for many audience members to reconcile with.
    You're making it sound like he deliberately knocked Zod into the town tonbegin with. And Zod realising his weakness in SMII amounts to nothing. He notes it as an observation and does nothing about it. Not to mention that movie it's Superman who instigated the fight in the city in the first place (excuse me General care to step outside).

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You're making it sound like he deliberately knocked Zod into the town tonbegin with. And Zod realising his weakness in SMII amounts to nothing. He notes it as an observation and does nothing about it. Not to mention that movie it's Superman who instigated the fight in the city in the first place (excuse me General care to step outside).
    It doesn't change the perception no matter if accidental because at the end of the day he had two fights that destroyed town/city centers with no perceived care about collateral damage. In Superman II Zod then started targeting to humans exclusively to rattle Superman so he did so something with that observation and yeah I guess Superman should had fought them inside a full office building. He was trying to prevent harm even then by getting Zod at least outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    It doesn't change the perception no matter if accidental because at the end of the day he had two fights that destroyed town/city centers with no perceived care about collateral damage. In Superman II Zod then started targeting to humans exclusively to rattle Superman so he did so something with that observation and yeah I guess Superman should had fought them inside a full office building. He was trying to prevent harm even then by getting Zod at least outside.
    Zod didn't target humans to rattle Superman in Superman 2. The humans attacked him when they briefly thought Superman was dead and Zod knocked them aside. That's literally the only time during that fight that Zod is targeting humans. And Superman's bright idea to just fly away and hope Zod follows him is because Zod is an even bigger moron and doesn't suspect a trap.

The DCEU version is fighting against an enemy with every know tactical advantage possible and has never used powers in battle before. He only learned to fly a day before Zod arrives. He doesn't have the luxury of enemies that make things easy for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I was referring to the mass destruction that featured so prominently in Man of Steel, not the death of Zod. We certainly don't need to rehash that well-trod argument
    That covers the "little regard for civilian casualties" part of your quote (which is a fair point about the film, though I give him some leeway for his inexperience), but I was referring to the "mass slaughter of their enemies" part. He only slaughtered one enemy.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    That covers the "little regard for civilian casualties" part of your quote (which is a fair point about the film, though I give him some leeway for his inexperience), but I was referring to the "mass slaughter of their enemies" part. He only slaughtered one enemy.
    Even then he didn't 'slaughter' Zod. He was forced into a no win scenario and made a decision that he didn't want to make. He didn't revel in that decision or take joy in it. He was forced to kill the only other remaining member of his race and it tore him up in that moment.

It also came back to bite him in the ass as his killing Zod led to Luthor creating Doomsday...which ultimately killed him.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Zod didn't target humans to rattle Superman in Superman 2. The humans attacked him when they briefly thought Superman was dead and Zod knocked them aside. That's literally the only time during that fight that Zod is targeting humans. And Superman's bright idea to just fly away and hope Zod follows him is because Zod is an even bigger moron and doesn't suspect a trap.

The DCEU version is fighting against an enemy with every know tactical advantage possible and has never used powers in battle before. He only learned to fly a day before Zod arrives. He doesn't have the luxury of enemies that make things easy for him.
    Yep. This Superman didnt have the advantage of hologram dad training him the " superheroing 101" course for 12 years. Of course the outcome was going to be different.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Even then he didn't 'slaughter' Zod. He was forced into a no win scenario and made a decision that he didn't want to make. He didn't revel in that decision or take joy in it. He was forced to kill the only other remaining member of his race and it tore him up in that moment.

It also came back to bite him in the ass as his killing Zod led to Luthor creating Doomsday...which ultimately killed him.
    And (as I've joked about before) when you think about it...that means he's really just killed Zod twice. Which always reminds me of this scene in the movie "Clue":

Wadsworth: [referring to Mr. Boddy] Well, he's certainly dead now. Why would anyone want to kill him twice?

Miss Scarlet: It seems so unnecessary.

Colonel Mustard: Well, it's what we call "overkill."
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

The battle with Zoe in Superman II is a cartoon. It's clearly done with kids in mind. It's awful in my opinion. The battle in MOS is what you get when powerful aliens start throwing down in th city. It's not pretty and innocents die. That's why Superman ended the fight the way he did. I never liked Superman but the version in MOS I absolutely loved!

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    And (as I've joked about before) when you think about it...that means he's really just killed Zod twice. Which always reminds me of this scene in the movie "Clue":
    Ha!

I personally wasn't a fan of the idea of Doomsday being essentially Zombie Zod. I don't think it would have been a bad idea for Lex to have studdied Zod's genetics and used his DNA to create Doomsday, but to basically mutate and reanimate his corpse was a bit on the nose.

Actually...was Zodsday really ever alive? Technically Zombies aren't really alive so it's debatable.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    The mass slaughter of enemies bit was in reference to The Authority/Elite, not Superman.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Henry Cavill reveals the "secret origin" of his mustache to Empire Magazine...

stache.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Henry Cavill reveals the "secret origin" of his mustache to Empire Magazine...

stache.jpg
    Am not a huge fan of For Tomorrow but I do like Orr. He appeared in Luthor by Azz as well and I still am not sure if he was a Lexcorp employee or not. Kinda funny that Cavill would get inspired by him, but he does make it look good.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I love that Cavill seems to have Superman on the brain even in other productions. He's very passionate about the character, and he deserves better than what he's been handed.

If MI is a success, Cavill and the director are down for doing a new MOS sequel. I hope WB gives them a shot.

Henry is one of us. A true Superman geek. If he doesn't get another movie there is no justice.

Its sad that due to their comical mismanagement, instead of awaiting a third Cavill Superman film right now, we're not even sure if we're getting a second. Talk about a monumental waste of a fitting actor.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El