Page 243 of 245 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245 LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 3672

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Ha!
    Thought you'd get a kick outta that. I love that movie...

I personally wasn't a fan of the idea of Doomsday being essentially Zombie Zod. I don't think it would have been a bad idea for Lex to have studdied Zod's genetics and used his DNA to create Doomsday, but to basically mutate and reanimate his corpse was a bit on the nose.

Actually...was Zodsday really ever alive? Technically Zombies aren't really alive so it's debatable.
    True! Although given that the chamber was made for resurrection essentially, I think it could be assumed that Zodsday was alive. If he's not, then he'd classify in the same category (for me) as Nuclear Man: made of electricity and returned to it, in the end.

Actually, Zodsday being the DCEU's Nuclear Man works on so many levels, I don't know where to begin... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its sad that due to their comical mismanagement, instead of awaiting a third Cavill Superman film right now, we're not even sure if we're getting a second. Talk about a monumental waste of a fitting actor.
    Completely agreed. WB owns a small dog with a very sore nether region. lol
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    So freaking stupid and ill planned.
    Last edited by Krypto's Fleas; 05-20-2018 at 10:17 PM.

Its pretty much confirmation of every negative feeling I had about the Knightmare sequence and where it was headed from the very start. While Whedon's cut of the total JL film is hardly something I'd consider good, if Cavill's Superman gets the chance to carry on, I think history will probably end up showing that this cut potentially saved the character. Doesn't make JL as a standalone film any less of a trainwreck, but just looking at the narrow view of Superman himself. Snyder's cut and his total vision would have obviously made for a more coherent batch of films, but it would have pretty much destroyed this incarnation of Superman. It was Injustice on the big screen, supplemented by an obnoxious amount of Christ allusions.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-20-2018 at 05:30 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Yeah, I gave Snyder the benefit of the doubt for a while, but if that was indeed what was waiting for us at the end of his trilogy, Whedon's cut is definitely the lesser of two evils.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its pretty much confirmation of every negative feeling I had about the Knightmare sequence and where it was headed from the very start. While Whedon's cut of the total JL film is hardly something I'd consider good, if Cavill's Superman gets the chance to carry on, I think history will probably end up showing that this cut potentially saved the character. Doesn't make JL as a standalone film any less of a trainwreck, but just looking at the narrow view of Superman himself. Snyder's cut and his total vision would have obviously made for a more coherent batch of films, but it would have pretty much destroyed this incarnation of Superman. It was Injustice on the big screen, supplemented by an obnoxious amount of Christ allusions.
    For real. Snyder can kick rocks. If those movies got made to that vision, Superman would have been dead to a generation of fans. WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    For real. Snyder can kick rocks. If those movies got made to that vision, Superman would have been dead to a generation of fans. WTF.
    Yep. Bad enough his only video game version is a psychotic dictator, Snyder was about to take “Man of Murder” to new heights. Good bye and good riddance. At least Cavill is seemingly more in control now.

If numerous stories of Superman being mind controlled didn't kill him for a generation of fans before, I don't see why this one would have. Especially as it was likely going to be undone in the same film.

So we actually were gonna go into Injustice territory? Good god, we dodged a fucking hydrogen bomb and still got hit with a bullet regardless.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    The battle with Zoe in Superman II is a cartoon. It's clearly done with kids in mind. It's awful in my opinion. The battle in MOS is what you get when powerful aliens start throwing down in th city. It's not pretty and innocents die. That's why Superman ended the fight the way he did. I never liked Superman but the version in MOS I absolutely loved!
    I mostly agree. The old school fighting of "you stand there while I hit you, then I'll stand there while you hit me" really isn't convincing. That's something that didn't get fully fixed in Superhero films till Sam Ramie's Spider-Man IMO.

That said, the fight at the end of MoS was just too long and boring. I have no issue with the level of destruction though.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If numerous stories of Superman being mind controlled didn't kill him for a generation of fans before, I don't see why this one would have. Especially as it was likely going to be undone in the same film.
    Yeah, a temporary mind control isn't the same leap that Injustice Superman would be. The length and execution is what would make or break it for me. The concept itself doesn't ruin the character.

Those were in comics. Not movies. Movies hit so many more millions of people. Second, it was NOT going to be undone in the same film. Reports are it was going to last through JL Part 2. So for about 3-4 years a bad/evil version of Superman would be the DCEU version. Unacceptable.

Also, how the hell was the rest of the DCEU supposed to be built out if an evil Superman is patrolling earth? WTF. So glad Snyder didn't make those movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Yeah, a temporary mind control isn't the same leap that Injustice Superman would be. The length and execution is what would make or break it for me. The concept itself doesn't ruin the character.
    Is a brainwashed/manipulated Superman really that much better? It's not even mind controlled -- just manipulated. Crazy. Superman is not dumb and is a reporter, for crying out loud. So for a brand new generation of fans the DCEU was going to showcase the greatest hero ever as a fool who cannot even fact check a lie by obviously bad aliens and proceeds to do their bidding? I mean, come on. It would have done way more harm than good and would have lasted until AT LEAST the midway point of JL part 2 according to reports. That's 4 years of the DCEU Superman being bad in people's minds. Totally unacceptable in my mind and even though Whedon's movie was still bad, it was the lesser of two evils. Not to mention that even if you find Snyder's vision interesting (and I admit that his visions and concepts are usually interesting on paper), his execution was probably going to be okay at best. I think with the DCEU being the current state (Hamada guiding things to a more controlled direction), we're better off with Snyder not having made those movies.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It may have killed it for moviegoers, who are not comic fans, and that's a far bigger and more damaging issue.

When coupled with the fact that DCEU Superman has been underdeveloped and divisive already, this would have been a shitshow. Whatever goodwill and potential was left over from MOS was squandered in BvS, particularly the theatrical cut. Undoing it in the same film (or the next one) would still just mean more precious screen time being used to make Cavill scowl. Screw that noise.

I can't believe we have to look at JL as the lesser of two evils now. What have things come to?

Agreed. Comics and movies are very different mediums. What you can get away with in comics you can't get away with in movies. Comics get oversaturated with "mind-controlled Superman"? Okay, but there's another story right around the corner, at the very most in a month's time, at the very least one week, that won't feature it. And they're virtually everlasting as at least in Superman's case he always has at least one comic going at all times. Not only was this planned as a finite movie saga of four films, said films take a long time to come out. So moviegoers are left a few years with this evil Superman in the conscious mind until its resolved, and that's right alongside with dealing with a polarizing characterization of him in the previous films BEFORE he went bad. Its too much.

And I liked MOS so I was very much on board with things at the start. Judging off MOS alone I was a big Snyder defender. But if this was the plan all along and not a course-correction as I originally thought BvS to be, then all these revelations of what would have been just tell me that WB and Snyder indeed had no clue about the character from the get-go. You don't reintroduce Superman to a generation by giving him an origin story, promptly killing him off, then resurrecting him as the big bad before his weak-willed ass is saved by his girlfriend.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-21-2018 at 03:39 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El