Page 3 of 245 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    To Cavill's credit. It's not his fault. That goes to Goyer and Snyder.
    I agree, he showed he had charisma in U.N.C.L.E, I think he would shine if they would give him something to work with.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    To Cavill's credit. It's not his fault. That goes to Goyer and Snyder.
    I agree. I really do agree. But I can't in good conscience give Cavill any real credit that's not totally shallow.

I'd love to see Cavill given a script longer than two pages, and a character with more depth than a handful of adjectives punctuated with by a stern authoritative look. Maybe then I could give him some credit.

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

I still don't understand how Bruce even had a dream (or vision, call it what you like) about Flash and the whole Knightmare scene without having prior knowledge to any of that.

This is what Zach Snyder had to say about it.

which could be glimpses from the future, or potential warnings. Ezra Miller's The Flash makes an appearance in one of Bruce Wayne's visions, delivering a "cryptic message" to Batman. The content of this message wasn't revealed, but the director described it as "a giant Easter egg" that he hopes fans will be discussing after seeing the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I agree. I really do agree. But I can't in good conscience give Cavill any real credit that's not totally shallow.

I'd love to see Cavill given a script longer than two pages, and a character with more depth than a handful of adjectives punctuated with by a stern authoritative look. Maybe then I could give him some credit.
    Well Snyder needs to f*cking go and let Superman be Superman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    If they do this...I am sorry I cannot ever see audiences caring one jot for Superman.If MOS and Bm v SM can't seem to get audiences to empathize with him making him into something hateful will just continue to erode away the remaining goodwill for him.

Already I am hearing Batman is the one who is going to start the League and spoilers:
    with Superman dead
    end of spoilers that means we don't see Kal in the role he historically plays...the optimistic one who wants the heroes to work together for humanity and the greater good and kicks things off. Batman was never the team player or caring to work with others ...now we getting him taking the role that use to be Superman's. spoilers:
    If and when Supes come after he ressurects...he'll be like the johnny come lately greenhorn no doubt. sigh.
    end of spoilers
    Honestly.............

spoilers:
    Superman is coming back to life. I have no doubt about that.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Honestly cancel JL. Don't do it until a few years down the line. I'd rather Superman have a solo movie made by someone who truly loves the character
    No!!!!!!!!!!!
    And shame on you for suggesting that.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Henry Cavill and Amy Adams are just mesmerizing as Superman and Lois Lane. There's so much fault around them in this film, but they're fantastic. Batman is pretty much one note and I'm going to go ahead now and say this is my least favorite Lex Luthor ever. He's painful to watch and the writing doesn't help him at all. He's utterly a non-character.

This truly feels like there were 2 or 3 SUPERMAN films missing in between.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 03-25-2016 at 12:47 AM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Primary thanks were given to Frank Miller and Dan Jurgens...could they not get Grant Morrison? He seems like the type of bloke who'd love to chat about Superman to them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeUsername View Post
    I still don't understand how Bruce even had a dream (or vision, call it what you like) about Flash and the whole Knightmare scene without having prior knowledge to any of that.
    I think because Snyder wants to give Batman all the cool stuff. Wonder Woman having a vision would make more sense.

Sure Superman will come back but he is going to be working for Darksied when he does.

Superman/Clark kent is basically a black slate that everyone projects on. That is kinda of a problem. I got a better read on Marvel second tier heroes like Hawkeye and Falcon. They aren't even main characters.
    Last edited by JediKage; 03-24-2016 at 11:19 PM.

Fantastic Member

Some Spoilers:

I kind of agree with you Stanlos...Batman got the best parts here (for obvious fan reasons). If the WW scene stealer is really not much of a scene stealer for me. I mean she was good, but nothing exceptional other some cool parts. If you compare the fight sequences to Deadpool, it's like night and day. Batman got the best fight scenes when he went to save a certain someone. The WW fight scene here does not come close to what's she's displayed in animation, unfortunately, but she does get to display some cool new powers.

Stanlos, if it's any consolation, Superman came in there not wanting to kill Batman (as why he continued to pound him when those weapons that didn't do much to him), it was rather silly. Superman could have:

grabbed Batman and flown out of his "trap zone" where they can talk in peace
    disassembled his armor even Batman could even attempt to use the kyrponite stuff

There's also a problem here with Batman being able to see Superman move, and take blows from him (even with the armor; I doubt there's foam insde that armor) and walk like nothing happened. And he can dodge Doomsday! WTH! Over rated in my opinion. If Batman was at least show to have developed technology against those two problems, I can kind of accept it.

In my opinion, Superman would have EASILY won this battle if he wanted to kill Batman during the first minute of the fight. Now Batman, if he had used the specialized weapons from the beginning, may have had the chance, but as far as this movie is concerned, he should have taken the offensive if he really wanted to Kill Superman and not wasted time with conventional weapons on Superman. Good to see you again, Stanlos.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    Some Spoilers:

I kind of agree with you Stanlos...Batman got the best parts here (for obvious fan reasons). If the WW scene stealer is really not much of a scene stealer for me. I mean she was good, but nothing exceptional other some cool parts. If you compare the fight sequences to Deadpool, it's like night and day. Batman got the best fight scenes when he went to save a certain someone. The WW fight scene here does not come close to what's she's displayed in animation, unfortunately, but she does get to display some cool new powers.

Stanlos, if it's any consolation, Superman came in there not wanting to kill Batman (as why he continued to pound him when those weapons that didn't do much to him), it was rather silly. Superman could have:

grabbed Batman and flown out of his "trap zone" where they can talk in peace
    disassembled his armor even Batman could even attempt to use the kyrponite stuff

There's also a problem here with Batman being able to see Superman move, and take blows from him (even with the armor; I doubt there's foam insde that armor) and walk like nothing happened. And he can dodge Doomsday! WTH! Over rated in my opinion. If Batman was at least show to have developed technology against those two problems, I can kind of accept it.

In my opinion, Superman would have EASILY won this battle if he wanted to kill Batman during the first minute of the fight. Now Batman, if he had used the specialized weapons from the beginning, may have had the chance, but as far as this movie is concerned, he should have taken the offensive if he really wanted to Kill Superman and not wasted time with conventional weapons on Superman. Good to see you again, Stanlos.
    Heeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!! So long since I have seen you!! OMG! Great to see you!

I am going to try to see it again today after I get the core clauses of this contract drafted. Will pop in and share my thoughts.

Spoilers

Superman standing there like an inept sad goon after the bomb went off in the capital was one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. By the end I was sick of his constant sad face.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Honestly.............

spoilers:
    Superman is coming back to life. I have no doubt about that.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Okay sure there is a ressurection but what will we get? How long does he stay dead for? How does he ressurect? What emotional pay off is there really with making him die so soon and then come back to life? Will we get a pawn of Darkseid the League has to fight and then Lois brings him to his senses? Cause you know god forbid Superman resists darkness himself. Flash's warning seems to point to Injustice type scenario...does Lois die and he turns dictator? I really really feel they just grasping at stories that sensational but these stories are not the best Superman stories, for his development as a young character nor to get fans on the fence to care for him. Shouldn't the point of these movies is to get non Superman fans to like and root for this guy? I am not sure that is going to happen. And him out of the League as it sets up won't help either. The other members all probably get their dynamics going and he's absent. Superman not being a founding member of the League just feels so weird to me. Batman the guy who is the biggest loner is doing it. sigh.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

That Doomsday was bigger than the Hulk