Page 4 of 245 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm a Batman diehard and find it really sad and terrible that Bats gets more and better scenes and better treatment in battles in what should have been a Superman sequel anyway.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Spoilers

Superman standing there like an inept sad goon after the bomb went off in the capital was one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. By the end I was sick of his constant sad face.
    I think it was really telling actually. He keeps trying to do the right thing, he turned up ready to explain himself and then boom that happened and he he even admitted he was too distracted to notice it, from that moment he realised he could not win and have it all as Superman.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    spoilers:
    Okay sure there is a ressurection but what will we get? How long does he stay dead for? How does he ressurect? What emotional pay off is there really with making him die so soon and then come back to life? Will we get a pawn of Darkseid the League has to fight and then Lois brings him to his senses? Cause you know god forbid Superman resists darkness himself. Flash's warning seems to point to Injustice type scenario...does Lois die and he turns dictator? I really really feel they just grasping at stories that sensational but these stories are not the best Superman stories, for his development as a young character nor to get fans on the fence to care for him. Shouldn't the point of these movies is to get non Superman fans to like and root for this guy? I am not sure that is going to happen. And him out of the League as it sets up won't help either. The other members all probably get their dynamics going and he's absent. Superman not being a founding member of the League just feels so weird to me. Batman the guy who is the biggest loner is doing it. sigh.
    end of spoilers
    It does have me worried, very much. I always loved seeing Superman as a founding member of the JL. I am tired of Superman lose his morality, I am tired of how some writers make him worthless without his powers, and I am tired how much they refuse to take Grant Morrison as a silver or even golden template of how Superman should be. DC has been poisoning Superman as a character for a while. It sickens me. In fact, I have been watching the solo animated series from the late 90s courtesy of Amazon Prime and watched Superman perform well in numerous ways: Intellect, Strength, Strategy. He does all three. Nowadays it's like I am living on Bizarro World. I know Superman isn't DC'S most selling character, but the current situation definitely is one where he could be done better than he is being done.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm a Batman diehard and find it really sad and terrible that Bats gets more and better scenes and better treatment in battles in what should have been a Superman sequel anyway.
    Um...this is a spoiler...but since your probably not going to see it...Jimmy Olsen is dead in the DCEU.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    I think because Snyder wants to give Batman all the cool stuff. Wonder Woman having a vision would make more sense.

Sure Superman will come back but he is going to be working for Darksied when he does.

Superman/Clark kent is basically a black slate that everyone projects on. That is kinda of a problem. I got a better read on Marvel second tier heroes like Hawkeye and Falcon. They aren't even main characters.
    That's the problem it seems this Superman can't make decisions in his own. Hack Snyder sucks.

Does anyone think that the Justice League movie may get delayed now? I know George Miller is going to be the producer on it, what are the chances he takes over director role?

Quote Originally Posted by SSJett View Post
    Does anyone think that the Justice League movie may get delayed now? I know George Miller is going to be the producer on it, what are the chances he takes over director role?
    I hope he does, because Snyder can't direct his way out of a paper bag. He needs to go. JL is way to big for him, there is too much in risk.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I saw it a second time today. I am just p!ssed about the way the actual title fight was handled in terms of the optics. Yes, there were plot points that addressed the how of it. But dayum. That was ridiculous. It hearkened back to the RETURN OF SUPERMAN island beatdown. Granted even the comics are silly on Kryptonite but dayum. Still annoyed.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SSJett View Post
    So I was a little wrong on what the Flash says, but I think it is even worse.

spoilers:
    Flash says, "Listen to me now!" "It's Lois, it's Lois lane!" "She's the key! "Am I to soon?!" (The Flash Screams out in pain) "I'm too soon!" "You were right about him!" "You have always been right about him!" "Fear him!"
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This is one of the worst Superman clichés. Probably at the end of JL 2/MoS 2 Lois will die pushing Superman in a dark path.
    I hate even just the implication that a paranoid nutjob like Batman was right about Superman and Lois is the key for Superman to be a good guy.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-25-2016 at 06:54 PM.

I can't believe what they did to Jimmy in this movie .

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Snyder: Oh hey guys, sorry we don't have room for Jimmy Olsen in our fictional movie world, so we created him and then killed him in front of your face just to clear things up. Kbyeeee!

LMAO That's like telling your kids "sorry honey, we can't get a dog because our house is too small. So tell ya what, we'll get you a dog, and then shoot it in front of you so we kill even the idea of the dog"

I mean, I'm not not crazy, right? That's one of the single most ridiculous ideas ever, right? There's no room for Jimmy, but Steve who the F#CK cares Lombard, and Jenny I don't even f#cking care are welcome in the "pantheon".

Like....I...I physically can't. I just......can't.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 03-25-2016 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    spoilers:
    This is one of the worst Superman clichés. Probably at the end of JL 2/MoS 2 Lois will die pushing Superman in a dark path.
    I hate even just the implication that a paranoid nutjob like Batman was right about Superman and Lois is the key for Superman to be a good guy.
    end of spoilers
    That's just character assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Snyder: Oh hey guys, sorry we don't have room for Jimmy Olsen in our fictional movie world, so we created him and then killed him in front of your face just to clear things up. Kbyeeee!

LMAO That's like telling your kids "sorry honey, we can't get a dog because our house is too small. So tell ya what, we'll get you a dog, and then shoot it in front of you so we kill even the idea of the dog"

I mean, I'm not not crazy, right? That's one of the single most ridiculous idea ever, right? There's no room for Jimmy but Steve who the F#CK cares Lombard, and Jenny I don't even f#cking care are welcome in the "pantheon".

Did you see the movie? Do you feel the rage yet?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

I mean, I'm not not crazy, right? That's one of the single most ridiculous ideas ever, right? There's no room for Jimmy, but Steve who the F#CK cares Lombard, and Jenny I don't even f#cking care are welcome in the "pantheon".

It almost feels relentlessly joyless, ya know? "Hey kids, here's your mangled Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen figurine!"

Like, what's the point? It's so needless!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jgprime View Post
    Just watched the movie. Dunno why is it called Batman v Superman cause this is a Superman story. To be more accurate, it is a Clark Kent story.
    Really? I found it to be more of a Bruce Wayne vehicle. There's a beautiful Clark Kent story SOMEWHERE in there, but it feels lost in the stew (most likely edited out for random easter egg crap).