Page 5 of 245 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

I didn't have a problem with the fight itself. They made a point of saying that Superman could destroy him in a second if he wanted to. This was the first time Supes had experienced Kryptonite so it caught him off guard. Basically anyone can defeat Superman with Kryptonite. So it doesn't make Batman special that he was able to beat him with it. Yeah Bruce you beat him with Kryptonite, anyone could do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Really? I found it to be more of a Bruce Wayne vehicle. There's a beautiful Clark Kent story SOMEWHERE in there, but it feels lost in the stew (most likely edited out for random easter egg crap).
    I can see your point. Bruce's arc takes up a good chunk of the movie.But to me there's too much focus on his reasoning behind hating on Superman (which is horrible, the movie makes Bruce seem really thick at times). He comes across as a thug.

Clark's arc builds upon the core themes of MoS. Mainly the "Who is Superman, is he Clark Kent or Kal-El?" question. He is still discovering who he is and what he can stand for. His arc in my opinion is the saving grace of the movie.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    That's just character assassination.
    No wonder why people hate Superman so much. WB/DC do not like him either. Snyder being a Superman fan !?!?!? My ass.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't believe what they did to Jimmy in this movie .
    And they do not like Jimmy either. They do not like Superman world.

Why do people hate Superman so much?

Spectacular Member DetectiveStrange's Avatar

This whole situation is disgusting. Postpone JL immediately.

Spectacular Member DetectiveStrange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    spoilers:
    This is one of the worst Superman clichés. Probably at the end of JL 2/MoS 2 Lois will die pushing Superman in a dark path.
    I hate even just the implication that a paranoid nutjob like Batman was right about Superman and Lois is the key for Superman to be a good guy.
    end of spoilers
    You're probably right.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jgprime View Post
    I can see your point. Bruce's arc takes up a good chunk of the movie.But to me there's too much focus on his reasoning behind hating on Superman (which is horrible, the movie makes Bruce seem really thick at times). He comes across as a thug.

Clark's arc builds upon the core themes of MoS. Mainly the "Who is Superman, is he Clark Kent or Kal-El?" question. He is still discovering who he is and what he can stand for. His arc in my opinion is the saving grace of the movie.
    It was a bit jarring for me since I felt MoS already answered those questions, and cemented Superman in his role at the end. He seemed well adjusted and even coy with the government. This did a 180. Clark doesn't really have an arc, I guess you can say he found love? He already loved Lois though, and already believed in humanity. He chose us over Zod.

Bruce has an entire arc. He goes from a brutal thug, a "cruel man", to a superhero due to Clark's influence. He learns to believe in people outside himself and his butler.

Astonishing Member

I may be in the minority here, but I think that the Jimmy Olsen thing is a completely minor problem, and - as a Superman reader - it is not a problem at all.
    The "Snyder disrespects secondary characters" thing is a completely misleading detail. Whenever a work on this classic characters is out, we shouldn't fix our minds on our personal vision, but IMHO we should see if the director's vision has some kind of coherence or meaning. Of course, that doesn't prevent a movie from being a complete piece of crap. But - frankly speaking - implicitly saying that a director is obliged to present certain characters in the classic way no matter what is simply fan service. It may satisfy our ego as readers and nothing more.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    spoilers:
    This is one of the worst Superman clichés. Probably at the end of JL 2/MoS 2 Lois will die pushing Superman in a dark path.
    I hate even just the implication that a paranoid nutjob like Batman was right about Superman and Lois is the key for Superman to be a good guy.
    end of spoilers
    WB is like trying to poison our wells and destroy Superman's character. Might as well go get KC or Armageddon 2001 or some other nice alternate universe stuff where he rebounds as the good guy.

I will admit though, oddly enough, it takes the Joker screwing in Superman's world to get the killer of thousands put down like the rabid dog he is.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    I may be in the minority here, but I think that the Jimmy Olsen thing is a completely minor problem, and - as a Superman reader - it is not a problem at all.
    The "Snyder disrespects secondary characters" thing is a completely misleading detail. Whenever a work on this classic characters is out, we shouldn't fix our minds on our personal vision, but IMHO we should see if the director's vision has some kind of coherence or meaning. Of course, that doesn't prevent a movie from being a complete piece of crap. But - frankly speaking - implicitly saying that a director is obliged to present certain characters in the classic way no matter what is simply fan service. It may satisfy our ego as readers and nothing more.

That's not the issue. The issue is why even use the character if there's "no room". They don't even name him in the current cut of the film so what's even the point of killing him. It apparently wasn't important enough to use in the final cut.

The thing about Movie Superman is that he never talks to the people directly. In Superman the Movie Lois was his mouth piece through The Interview. She explained who he is and what his deal was. We never got that in the DCEU. This Superman is just as mysterious to the public as he's always been and that is the one failing of how Cavil Supes is handled. Supes has never really talked much in the movies. Who does he have to talk to other then Lois and she's out after stories. Bruce always has Alfred right there to run his mouth too.

Yeah, Flash's lines are very, very disturbing, and not in the good immersive movie way. If this movie was heavily inspired by DKR, its almost as if they're setting up Justice League be based off of Injustice. Its clear as day where Snyder wants to go with this and I just can't believe WB is letting him. He's taking one of the most basic and classic comic literary devices--the imaginary tale, a device to tell dystopic tales otherwise completely unsuited to the actual characters--and is trying to make it part of a canon film mythos. He claims to be a big comic book guy but his ideas suggest he's never read one in his life. Then you have the tired idea that Superman can't function on a basic level without Lois. The comics did a lot to get away from this in the past five years but lets just have the movies ingrain it back in. This project desperately needs to be put on hold, completely rewritten and with a new directed attached, and then just have the screenplay rework Snyder's original dumbass ideas hinted in this film as misdirection.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-26-2016 at 04:07 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

spoilers:
    Well for one thing I can see from a week ahead the Batman fanboys and the Superman haters saying "SEE BATMAN RULZ, SUPERMAN SUCKS LOL". In another one if we ever use Metallo, they better make sure he loses that first fight against him, because it wouldn't make any sense that he can beat Metallo, but not Batman. Sorry for being such a Debbie downer, but you think people are going to give a sh*t about that? All they want is for Superman to lose, because of some misunderstood notion that apparently too OP and boring therefore he sucks, but Batman and X character can beat him, because I like him more.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah that's how I felt when I was watching the fight: "Great it's bad enough they have Dark Knight Returns and Batman: Endgame, but now they can add this film to the 'Batman can beat anyone cuz he's Batman!' ammo". Although I liked the movie overall but I'm dreading that over people saying the film sucks.

I'm not sure man, don't have any faith now.
    Last edited by AquaLantern; 03-26-2016 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't believe what they did to Jimmy in this movie .
    If you're not kissing or shacked up with Superman you'll die or he can't save you. End of story. Jonathan in MOS , In BM v SM how he can save Lois everytime doesn't work for Mom...and now Jimmy who god forbid he could have saved...I mean it's not like Jimmy could have been used in future movies. The plot holes...makes Superman come across as as bit of a jerkish character. Isn't Geoff Johns supposed to be a consultant on this? He's doing one lousy job on the Superman front I'll tell you that.
    Last edited by hellacre; 03-26-2016 at 05:13 AM.