Page 6 of 245 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Ugh Dead Lois, Evil Supes. Granted it fits with this version of Supes because that is how Snyder has written this version. Snyder doesn't believe in any of Superman's Core Concepts. Not to mention he is killing a Superman supporting character every movie at this rate.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    I may be in the minority here, but I think that the Jimmy Olsen thing is a completely minor problem, and - as a Superman reader - it is not a problem at all.
    The "Snyder disrespects secondary characters" thing is a completely misleading detail. Whenever a work on this classic characters is out, we shouldn't fix our minds on our personal vision, but IMHO we should see if the director's vision has some kind of coherence or meaning. Of course, that doesn't prevent a movie from being a complete piece of crap. But - frankly speaking - implicitly saying that a director is obliged to present certain characters in the classic way no matter what is simply fan service. It may satisfy our ego as readers and nothing more.
    We don't always agree,but I agree here. It's somewhat of an odd choice,but when you think about it, Jimmy's role in most live action media is just some geeky and sometimes annoying gofer for Perry White and perhaps someone for Superman to save. In the comics he's "SUPERMAN's Pal" and outside of the version played by Mechad Brooks on SUPERGIRL,, they've never really used that angle in live action. In the Snyderverse we already have a "gofer for Perry White " and that's Jenny from MAN OF STEEL and this movie. At this point unless you want to go full sidekick for Superman, what's the point of using him except for fan service? I'd rather they not have killed him,but I imagine Snyder was getting tired of us Superman hard core guys asking "where's Jimmy?", so he used and got rid of a character named Jimmy Olsen. At this point it really doesn't change the story Snyder wants to tell.

Plus, as we know, if Snyder changes his mind or another director takes up MOS 2, and wants to use Jimmy, they can always use the "oh, that wasn't the real Jimmy, that was his older Brother who went by his Middle name for some odd reason, here's his younger brother also called Jimmy!"

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

So Byrnes Man of Steel, Jurgens Death of Superman, what's the next late eighties/nineties Superman touchstone Snyder going to work with? I would hope Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow. Not that story but that scale of Superman. Morrisons JLA? kingdom come?
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 03-26-2016 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJett View Post
    So I was a little wrong on what the Flash says, but I think it is even worse.

spoilers:
    Flash says, "Listen to me now!" "It's Lois, it's Lois lane!" "She's the key! "Am I to soon?!" (The Flash Screams out in pain) "I'm too soon!" "You were right about him!" "You have always been right about him!" "Fear him!"
    end of spoilers
    The scene itself was absolutely insane and glorious but damn, the implications of his lines are hooorrible. I hope DC isn't as cheap as to actually imply an Injustice type scenario, hopefully they're much smarter than that.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen has such a rich, long history in live action. It just feels cheap. They didn't have to give the character that name.

He could just have been another guy at the Planet who Clark works with more often, or he didn't have to be around at all. There's Jenny Olsen anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    spoilers:
    Well for one thing I can see from a week ahead the Batman fanboys and the Superman haters saying "SEE BATMAN RULZ, SUPERMAN SUCKS LOL". In another one if we ever use Metallo, they better make sure he loses that first fight against him, because it wouldn't make any sense that he can beat Metallo, but not Batman. Sorry for being such a Debbie downer, but you think people are going to give a sh*t about that? All they want is for Superman to lose, because of some misunderstood notion that apparently too OP and boring therefore he sucks, but Batman and X character can beat him, because I like him more.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah that's how I felt when I was watching the fight: "Great it's bad enough they have Dark Knight Returns and Batman: Endgame, but now they can add this film to the 'Batman can beat anyone cuz he's Batman!' ammo". Although I liked the movie overall but I'm dreading that over people saying the film sucks.

I'm not sure man, don't have any faith now.
    I kinda said that here on in another thread lol.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    So Byrnes Man of Steel, Jurgens Death of Superman, what's the next late eighties/nineties Superman touchstone Snyder going to work with? I would hope Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow. Not that story but that scale of Superman. Morrisons JLA? kingdom come?
    I would at least like the angle of Kingdom Come. At least that Superman gets redeemed and tries to convince the Batman not to lose hope. Whatever happened to Superman exemplifying hope?

Superman would beat Metallo because unlike Batman, Metallo is not his friend and won't die if Superman just crushes him. IMO

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

As far as theme goes, "Superman shouldn't kill and when he does, he should admit he's just a man, and that's more than enough." I don't want that story, I want that scale of super powers and embrace of all the Superman mythology.

Batman gets all his world, the city, cave, the rogues gallery, with Superman chunks of his mythology just gets jettisoned as step one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    I would at least like the angle of Kingdom Come. At least that Superman gets redeemed and tries to convince the Batman not to lose hope. Whatever happened to Superman exemplifying hope?
    kingdom come is horrible, just no. even waid said that kingdom come is a cautionary tale and shouldn't be used. use Morrison Dc 1million

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Ugh Dead Lois, Evil Supes. Granted it fits with this version of Supes because that is how Snyder has written this version. Snyder doesn't believe in any of Superman's Core Concepts. Not to mention he is killing a Superman supporting character every movie at this rate.
    I don't remember lois dying and superman going evil. we don't even know the context of the nightmare, it is heavily implied that is darkseid controlling superman and they possibly need to find Lois. but let's crap more on lois and clark relationship
    Last edited by Tayswift; 03-26-2016 at 08:43 AM.

Honestly the fight didn't bother me that much. Supes was never actually tending to fight, and at full powers we saw that Bats would have been crushed in seconds. Even with the first round of Kryptonite he put up a good fight.

I took from the fight that we was willing to let himself die and his mom and not kill Bruce.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen has such a rich, long history in live action. It just feels cheap. They didn't have to give the character that name.

He could just have been another guy at the Planet who Clark works with more often, or he didn't have to be around at all. There's Jenny Olsen anyway.
    funny enough the actor who plays Olsen was on smallville and had an affair with Lois Lane hahaha
    brilliant casting snyder, too bad I can't say the same about the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    kingdom come is horrible, just no. even waid said that kingdom come is a cautionary tale and shouldn't be used. use Morrison Dc 1million

I don't remember lois dying and superman going evil. we don't even know the context of the nightmare, it is heavily implied that is darkseid controlling superman and they possibly need to find Lois. but let's crap more on lois and clark relationship
    I think she was killed in Injustice.

No one's saying Lois died or Superman went evil in this movie. What they're saying is that the insinuation of Flash's words this movie is that Superman does go bad later in the future, and it has something to do with Lois. That's a stupid trope and always has been.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post

Superman as a mortal who will get old and die, and have to deal with his own limited life is fine to some people's tastes. I don't care for a "God Superman", in my own preference. Also, considering how much apparently Frank Miller's idea of bad Superman vs good Batman or about dead Lois destroying Superman's moral foundations are getting repeated, Waid's opinion isn't law, and apparently DC doesn't care about Waid's edict, given the Injustice story.

No one is taking a dump on anything. Some people are tired of seeing Injustice or tired of seeing rogue Superman, like me. If anything, that's far from seeing the Lois X Clark relationship as crap and more of tired of seeing some stupid redundant trope of how Superman doesn't have a decent foundation to his principles. It's been played that Superman in these certain continuities is worthless to becoming a psychotic supervillain because he is amoral without Lois, like Injustice. I am tired of it. Let them go make Batman, Green Lantern, or someone else go psycho for a change.