Page 8 of 245 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Wait...what did you do???? Did you just merge 2 threads?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yes, for the point of discussion about or regarding spoilers, there will be this one thread.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I was literally 5 seconds away from making this thread with almost the same title till I read Prime's post in the other thread lol

But yeah it all lines up.

-Batman is clearly getting close with Pre-Flash Superman likely because the world needs a Superman and Damian has taken a shine to Jon. But this also opens up the mistrust that BvS had. Our Bruce has zero idea who this guy is really. He can't assume that Clark's the same no matter the universe (and he'd be right). Plus there's the whole business about him watching them for going on 7 years. So it's keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

-Pre-Flash comes out of hiding because he'd gotten to know our Clark, and saw that he was a good man, so he's gonna do his part in the light while Clark is gone.

-Lex, using his good will as a Justice League member, says that he'll uphold big blue's memory and take the title of Superman. But it sucks for him when he sees a dude that looks just like Clark flying around. Lex calls Pre-Flash Clark and impostor to the good name.

-In Trinity tensions are high because Batman can't afford to trust this dude who happens to look like his lost friend. Wonder Woman finds it hard to work with a man that looks like he now dead ex. Pre-Flash Clark is just trying his best to uphold the ideal and example that New 52 Clark left behind. But he doesn't know how he did it in this darker and more cynical world.

-But after the events of Super League there's now a 17 year old boy who has just become the most powerful being on the planet (Pre-Flash has been weakened). How do you deal with the weight of the world suddenly finding it's way onto your shoulders? What's gonna happen when everyone finds out? What's gonna happen when the Trinity finds out?

If this were the idea behind it all I......I..I think I'd love it. Like honestly I think I'd be really into it.

Then I remember Dan "how boring can I make this" Jurgens is writing Pre-Flash Superman in this NEW situation......

Well it still could be good. Yang's book and Super Sons seems really interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I was literally 5 seconds away from making this thread with almost the same title till I read Prime's post in the other thread lol

But yeah it all lines up.

-Batman is clearly getting close with Pre-Flash Superman likely because the world needs a Superman and Damian has taken a shine to Jon. But this also opens up the mistrust that BvS had. Our Bruce has zero idea who this guy is really. He can't assume that Clark's the same no matter the universe (and he'd be right). Plus there's the whole business about him watching them for going on 7 years. So it's keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

-Pre-Flash comes out of hiding because he'd gotten to know our Clark, and saw that he was a good man, so he's gonna do his part in the light while Clark is gone.

-Lex, using his good will as a Justice League member, says that he'll uphold big blue's memory and take the title of Superman. But it sucks for him when he sees a dude that looks just like Clark flying around. Lex calls Pre-Flash Clark and impostor to the good name.

-In Trinity tensions are high because Batman can't afford to trust this dude who happens to look like his lost friend. Wonder Woman finds it hard to work with a man that looks like he now dead ex. Pre-Flash Clark is just trying his best to uphold the ideal and example that New 52 Clark left behind. But he doesn't know how he did it in this darker and more cynical world.

-But after the events of Super League there's now a 17 year old boy who has just become the most powerful being on the planet (Pre-Flash has been weakened). How do you deal with the weight of the world suddenly finding it's way onto your shoulders? What's gonna happen when everyone finds out? What's gonna happen when the Trinity finds out?

If this were the idea behind it all I......I..I think I'd love it. Like honestly I think I'd be really into it.

Then I remember Dan "how boring can I make this" Jurgens is writing Pre-Flash Superman in this NEW situation......

Well it still could be good. Yang's book and Super Sons seems really interesting.
    That wouldnt be that bad. But I think if New 52 Superman is gone...Will he stay dead?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    That wouldnt be that bad. But I think if New 52 Superman is gone...Will he stay dead?
    I don't think so. I think he'll be back after Justice League Part One is out.

Having a Superman from a different continuity as the main Superman is not something I can see as a permanent change.

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    I don't think so. I think he'll be back after Justice League Part One is out.

Having a Superman from a different continuity as the main Superman is not something I can see as a permanent change.
    So he'll be back by next year?

BANNED

So he'll be back by next year?
    Close to February 2018, since I think DC will try to coincide New 52 Superman's return with Action Comics #1000.

Close to February 2018, since I think DC will try to coincide New 52 Superman's return with Action Comics #1000.
    Thats only if sales are good. Which I doubt.

BANNED

This won't lead to bad sales. I don't see the main Superman books dropping below the current numbers.

Jurgens and Tomasi won't reinvigorate the Superman line, but the relaunch will do good numbers and then stabilize around the average New 52 numbers.

BANNED

yeah sure, she is so worried with superman being dead that she is making out with steve

This won't lead to bad sales. I don't see the main Superman books dropping below the current numbers.

Jurgens and Tomasi won't reinvigorate the Superman line, but the relaunch will do good numbers and then stabilize around the average New 52 numbers.
    Depends on how good they are, because depending on what happens in Rebirth and to New 52 Superman I'm dropping.

Nope! He'll be back in time for Justice League part 1 or part 2 (what ever one DCEU Superman is coming back in). And he may come back with a lot of creative freedom associated with him.

But for now, over on the larger DC comics world Pre-Flash Superman, and 52 Batman, reenacting Batman V Superman's character dynamics with a more family driven Superman and a mistrusting (for good reason) Batman. It also allows them to have it so Batman is simultaneously friends with Superman/upholding his memory ala BvS, and more mistrusting of Superman. DC get's their cake and get's to eat it too!

Over on the smaller end of the DC world. We have 17 year old Kenji who has just become the most powerful being on the face of the Earth. Gene Yang now gets to do a creator own style Asian Superman who has to navigate life with this responsibility. Does he embrace the mantle and show himself as the true "heir to the throne"? Or does he focus on a smaller scale and become a neighborhood Super-Man?

Lot of questions to answer and possible roads to take. If anything, I'm at least down for New Super-Man.

Fantastic Member

Justice League Part One is supposed to be out in November of 2017. That's at least five months before I'd expect Action 1000 to hit the stands (April 2018), because if it stays on the bi-monthly schedule until then, they can cover-date 1000 as June 2018 and make it the 80th Anniversary Issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    yeah sure, she is so worried with superman being dead that she is making out with steve
    Well I did say ex boy friend didn't I. She can make out with whoever and still feel super strange about the idea of working with a guy that looks just like her now dead ex. Is that somehow unreasonable?

I guess I'm the only one who isn't interested in a different Superman? The Super-Man book?