Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Why does Batman still have a rogues gallery in this universe? If the dead Robin is Jason and they plan on doing Red Hood, the conflict between them would be nonexistent since Batman is a killer.

I really want to see the director's cut after seeing BVS. There were obvious edits that need to be filled in and I want to know Jena Malone's character and if Dick exists in this universe.
    Well, if they plan to go the Red Hood route they could, I suppose, base the conflict on another premise. Jason could be insane, for instance, or blame Bruce for his death.

Of course Tim Seeley suggested on Twitter that they might skip UTRH altogether and proceed directly to Son of Batman and Damian.

If you want a general idea on how Batman acts in this movie, think Flashpoint Batman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyZERO View Post
    If you want a general idea on how Batman acts in this movie, think Flashpoint Batman
    Guns blazin

And to some lesser extent, ASBAR Batman

BANNED

This movie is getting savaged by the critics,even I kind off feel sorry but Zack Snyder brought it on himself and I'm baffled the WB execs were so goddamn clueless. I want Ben Affleck to return for a solo Batman movie but even that is not guaranteed.
    As for as Batman being the way he is,the writing was on the wall. Snyder had all the wrong influences when it comes to Batman,I'm also convinced he's not as big a fan of comics as he presents himself. His portrait of Batman told you all you needed to know about he was going to approach the character while his apologists here were too busy making asinine arguments in his favour.

And to some lesser extent, ASBAR Batman
    Gahhh... I wouldn't say that far. This Batman is more on the broken/angry side rather than the insane/deranged side.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I loved the Batman in this movie but yeah Zack wanted to just do a matter of fact killing like the previous movies
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0ZD6Wmu2L8
    Dark Knight Returns was a big influence as expected

Fantastic Member

His Batman made the Batman in All Star a saint.

The killing has cross the line obviously but the worst is how stupid Batman is in BvS, he is an angry fool.

Greatest detective my arse.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Well, if they plan to go the Red Hood route they could, I suppose, base the conflict on another premise. Jason could be insane, for instance, or blame Bruce for his death.

Of course Tim Seeley suggested on Twitter that they might skip UTRH altogether and proceed directly to Son of Batman and Damian.
    But with this Batman we can't have this conversation:
    2ed48a2ef6055706e5d357010d2df7eb34469133_hq.jpg

Jason: I FORGIVE YOU FOR NOT SAVING! BUT WHY IS HE STILL ALIVE!
    Bruce: I don't kill , Jason! You know that very well!
    Jason: What about those goons ?!
    Bruce: hmm.......argh....you know...I was angry, like really angry.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scottsummer View Post
    His Batman made the Batman in All Star a saint.

The killing has cross the line obviously but the worst is how stupid Batman is in BvS, he is an angry fool.

Greatest detective my arse.
    LOL
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I had no issues with Batman killing (Different universe, different styles, killed in movies before, blah blah blah). Ben did a great job and he looked the fittest Batman ever. He is jaded and cynical but somewhat hopefully. To me he did a great job.

People make it seem he was the Punisher or something. It wasn't that bad at all.

Hmm.

This doesn't sound too good to be honest. Sounds like a lot of the things the critics were saying, really. Seems... Joyless, and dreary.

And I was REALLY not hoping for the return of Bat-DICK... I seriously wasn't - that depiction of Batman ruined the character for me for a decade. I only hope that they don't bring that side of the character into the comics again, for synergy-purposes.

I am actually still considering seeing it tho' - I ussually like a good spectacle.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm boycotting this and hope others do too. Done with stubborn Snyder and his uber-dreary murderer Millerfests.

(What's ironic about me saying that is I'm a HUGE Frank Miller fan (well 90% of his work anyway), but that doesn't mean I want Snyder's empty bloated soulless misleading poor slavish adaptations)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-24-2016 at 01:29 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I'm gonna go rewatch mask of the phantasm to make myself feel better.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by scottsummer View Post
    But with this Batman we can't have this conversation:
    2ed48a2ef6055706e5d357010d2df7eb34469133_hq.jpg

Jason: I FORGIVE YOU FOR NOT SAVING! BUT WHY IS HE STILL ALIVE!
    Bruce: I don't kill , Jason! You know that very well!
    Jason: What about those goons ?!
    Bruce: hmm.......argh....you know...I was angry, like really angry.
    I have a feeling.. and it would not seem that crazy now.. since we know how out of character batman is being portrayed in Dawn of Justice (killing criminals etc etc) that after Suicide squad and further down the cinematic line that maybe Jared leto's Joker will actually now be revealed as a deranged Jason todd and that the reason batman kills criminals in this current DC movie universe is because he has already killed the original joker and we will see it in flashback?
    Last edited by Dr.Octagon; 03-24-2016 at 01:46 PM.