Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by richsummers View Post
    i'm gonna go rewatch mask of the phantasm to make myself feel better.
    yesssssss!
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

I may watch it just for the Martha thing. That is probably the most hilarious bit I`ve heard about the movie yet.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 03-24-2016 at 02:35 PM.

BANNED

I really wanted this movie to succeed but i don't want it to succeed anymore... a murderous Batman is the one thing that i can't tolerate. I don't want to see anymore Zack Snyder DC movies, i hope this movie will make so poorly in the box office so The WB won't make anymore Snyder DC movies.

I don't think they can do a Under The Hood movie without making Batman look like a hypocrite...and that's another thing..spoilers:
    Batman freaking KILLS
    end of spoilers

Since not everyone is even using spoiler tags in this thread, I've updated the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I don't think they can do a Under The Hood movie without making Batman look like a hypocrite...and that's another thing..spoilers:
    Batman freaking KILLS
    end of spoilers
    Its 2016
    Did you miss Batman 89 or Batman Returns because I think
    spoilers:

He killed more in those well received movies then he did in this one
    end of spoilers

I'd get the complaints if Batman was going around like the Punisher the entire movie but I think you only have one moment where he purposely kills

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Its 2016
    Did you miss Batman 89 or Batman Returns because I think
    spoilers:

He killed more in those well received movies then he did in this one
    end of spoilers
    Those were well-received in the grimdark 90s when the Punisher, X-Force and AzBats were top sellers. Now they're looked back on fondly due to nostalgia goggles.
    At the time, I remember fans being happy with the films just because they were campy, goofy kid's films, which was what most superhero movies were up til that point. They were just grateful to have a serious batman movie at all.

There's MUCH less excuse nowadays for filmmakers to miss such an integral aspect of a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Well, if they plan to go the Red Hood route they could, I suppose, base the conflict on another premise. Jason could be insane, for instance, or blame Bruce for his death.

Of course Tim Seeley suggested on Twitter that they might skip UTRH altogether and proceed directly to Son of Batman and Damian.
    Nooooooooo!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    Those were well-received in the grimdark 90s when the Punisher, X-Force and AzBats were top sellers. Now they're looked back on fondly due to nostalgia goggles.
    At the time, I remember fans being happy with the films just because they were campy, goofy kid's films, which was what most superhero movies were up til that point. They were just grateful to have a serious batman movie at all.

There's MUCH less excuse nowadays for filmmakers to miss such an integral aspect of a character.
    There's much more of a reason for him to be killing now especially when you consider the material they are drawing from.
    Nolan and Burton both had their Batman kill as well
    In fact not even schumaker could keep Batman from killing with the campy material.
    There's never been a cinematic Batman who hasn't killed which is probably why I'm bemused by the people saying they get Batman wrong when he does which would mean all versions before this were wrong as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post

EDIT: Ugh, wrong thread.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Yeah, Batman killing does sort of ruin the central theme of Under the Red Hood. I thought for sure they would adapt that story for the solo Batman movies, but I guess they would have to approach it from a different angle. I guess Jason as the Joker does seem to gain a little more weight as it would be the only reason why Batman would be hesitant to kill him given he is willing to kill other criminals.

BANNED

Ben Affleck stole the show for me and the tributes to Frank Miller's Batman we're my favorite geek moments.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm boycotting this and hope others do too. Done with stubborn Snyder and his uber-dreary murderer Millerfests.

(What's ironic about me saying that is I'm a HUGE Frank Miller fan (well 90% of his work anyway), but that doesn't mean I want Snyder's empty bloated soulless misleading poor slavish adaptations)
    How about you watch the movie before making these assumptions? Sheesh, what's wrong with you people.

Wouldn't that whole killing thing make this Wayne the same as Countdown to FInal Crisis Batman?

Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

All complaints about Batman killing does not make sense to me unless you ignored the first line Zack Snyder spoke to tease this move was from TDKR and it is the most popular BvS story around. I thought the movie was solid, it had problems with the pacing at the start with how it jumps around but the plot is no where near as terrible as the Rotten Tomatoes reviewers make it out to be. Superman, Batman & Wonder Woman were all done well. I have heard complaints about how little time WW received but she had a enough considering she is not on the title card and has a movie coming up. The Martha moment was done fine and is not as laughable as people are saying, If the reviews on RT were at 55% to 80% I would say it the movie was judged without bias or preconceived notions about but sitting at 32% it has the added affect of Snyder hate & Man of Steel still being a hot button issue to this day.

I am sooooo glad that this may potentially ruin UTRH from being adapted as the standalone Batman movie because honestly that story is just not that great compared to other stories you could do that have yet to be done, it has already received a animated movie and game adaptation. Batfleck is not going to be doing a whole lot of solo films as Batman and I would hate if it was wasted on just that story. I have no issue with having the Red Hood in the movie just do not adapt that story and give us something yet to be filmed.
    Last edited by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy; 03-24-2016 at 06:23 PM.