Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Why is everybody talking about Under The Red Hood as if it's some major Batman magnum opus that's due for a live action version? There are dozens of stories that are more popular and critically acclaimed to be adapted first.

Also, arguing whether or not Batman has killed in films before is pointless. His no-killing code has been an integral aspect of his character in the comics for decades now. If they ditch that in the new movies, they are going against an aspect of Batman's character that is held to be significant and essential for many fans. This is not a superficial change, like changing his logo or skin colour. These fans are justified in being upset and rejecting this change. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm boycotting this and hope others do too. Done with stubborn Snyder and his uber-dreary murderer Millerfests.

(What's ironic about me saying that is I'm a HUGE Frank Miller fan (well 90% of his work anyway), but that doesn't mean I want Snyder's empty bloated soulless misleading poor slavish adaptations)
    You know that's a pretty weak boycott. So basically you're not not going to watch it. I mean really have no grounds for a boycott.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    Why is everybody talking about Under The Red Hood as if it's some major Batman magnum opus that's due for a live action version? There are dozens of stories that are more popular and critically acclaimed to be adapted first.
    Because it`s perfect if they want to branch the Bat franchise these side of movies. There aren`t many modern stories that touch the relationship between Joker and Bats as well or as popular outside of KJ. We have an older Batman, we have Joker somewhere in SQ and now we have a dead Robin, even if not named yet.

Also, arguing whether or not Batman has killed in films before is pointless. His no-killing code has been an integral aspect of his character in the comics for decades now. If they ditch that in the new movies, they are going against an aspect of Batman's character that is held to be significant and essential for many fans. This is not a superficial change, like changing his logo or skin colour. These fans are justified in being upset and rejecting this change. Simple as that.
    Comic readers will feel appaled, the casual viewer won`t or will feel less. It`s nothing we technically haven`t seen in the big screen before. The acceptance from viewers relies on presentation. Burton presented his version accordingly the world he inhabited with balance.

Thus, despite Batman killing some thugs in the movie, is not universally considered a dealbreaker.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 03-24-2016 at 06:48 PM.

Why is everybody talking about Under The Red Hood as if it's some major Batman magnum opus that's due for a live action version? There are dozens of stories that are more popular and critically acclaimed to be adapted first
    I wouldn't say there are that many more popular. I mean UTRH has a animated movie and video game based on it. Very few Batman stories have that kind of reach into the general public that haven't already been adapted. Plus it is one of the biggest stories that involve Batman, Joker and Robin. I mean they wouldn't set up the whole dead Robin thing if they weren't going to go into it more. Most people making the movie think Robin is kind of dumb so this is their way to use him in the movies without really having to use him.

Fantastic Member

Do you actually see him kill people, or does it look like that? I mean does he shoot people point blank or is he blowing up a car and it looks like the people must be dead like in the arkham games

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    Do you actually see him kill people, or does it look like that? I mean does he shoot people point blank or is he blowing up a car and it looks like the people must be dead like in the arkham games
    There is no dancing around it he killed people. He shot KGBeast's flamethrower which exploded and killed him and another henchman.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mainly the latter.

BANNED

I really think DC should move on from The Dark Knight Returns/Miller in general,Under the Red Hood and The Killing Joke. UTRH at this point would only exacerbate the problems of this iteration of Batman. The constant reliance on 2-3 stories(all controversial in some way) which get adapted and readapted again and again and given undeserved sequels with each succeeding adaptation more stupider than the previous due to it's attempt to not be a carbon copy has been killing the franchise. The bubble seems to have burst with BVS and now I'm even worried about The Killing Joke animated film. If Batman and Robin made people hate campy Batman then it's almost guaranteed that dark and gritty Batman will be scoffed at as well.
    If they want to apologize for BvS then UTRH should be the absolute last story on their mind. The rumours of Leto being Jason as Joker suddenly make sense now keeping in view Batman's character from BvS. How about a well made movie showing Dick Grayson's evolution from Robin to Nightwing one depicting a healthy relationship with Batman, hits the theme of fatherhood and depicts Batman's life as a success story? it can appeal to kids and sets up the character for Teen Titans? sounds better than another Joker story and Jason returning from the grave for the dozenth time in a decade.
    DC and WB using one and done type of stories to create a universe is literally the stupidest thing they've ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    I had no issues with Batman killing (Different universe, different styles, killed in movies before, blah blah blah). Ben did a great job and he looked the fittest Batman ever. He is jaded and cynical but somewhat hopefully. To me he did a great job.

People make it seem he was the Punisher or something. It wasn't that bad at all.
    He took a car with people in it an used it as a wrecking ball against another car with people in it. He shot cars with people in them until they exploded. He forced a guy to explode into a ball of flames. If that's not Punisher-level killing, then what is? Batman killing ruined this movie. Snyder knows how to make pretty things that have no soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    There's much more of a reason for him to be killing now especially when you consider the material they are drawing from.
    Nolan and Burton both had their Batman kill as well
    In fact not even schumaker could keep Batman from killing with the campy material.
    There's never been a cinematic Batman who hasn't killed which is probably why I'm bemused by the people saying they get Batman wrong when he does which would mean all versions before this were wrong as well.
    And Burton's Batman was a pretty poor Batman. When did Nolan's Batman kill? He did let Ra's die, but he didn't kill him. He did shoot out the engine on Talia's truck, which is about as close to a killing as you can get. Hell, he specifically forbade Catwoman from using handguns. And for all its flaws, Shumacher's Batman never killed. I don't know where you're pulling that from.

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    All complaints about Batman killing does not make sense to me unless you ignored the first line Zack Snyder spoke to tease this move was from TDKR and it is the most popular BvS story around.
    Who does Batman kill in The Dark Knight Returns?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rpi View Post
    He took a car with people in it an used it as a wrecking ball against another car with people in it. He shot cars with people in them until they exploded. He forced a guy to explode into a ball of flames. If that's not Punisher-level killing, then what is? Batman killing ruined this movie. Snyder knows how to make pretty things that have no soul.
    Actually That car was completely empty when he slammed it against another car. There was a shot that showed no one in the car he hooked because the henchmen saw it from his own car. The Flamethrower guy got burned because of Martha. Wasn't anyway to end that without hitting the gas tank to end it quickly and get martha out of there. KGBeast told him that he knows it will end and he is going to come back. Bruce says I know and just explodes the Gas on his back to take martha away If he Lives or dies he cares not .

He is nowhere near punisher level in the movie dude I have no clue what you were watching. Also he vows to be a better because he feels like **** that his actions contributed to supermans death. Basically He needs the justice league as a person because they make him want to be a better person to know after all this time it wasn't just him and his close friends trying to save the world and such, there are others. This is a Bruce I can see dying later with a smile on his face because The Justice League will make the world a better place than it was when he was alone.

They explode with people in them, and he makes a man catch on fire in a very non-survivable way.

BANNED

Who does Batman kill in The Dark Knight Returns?
    He sets a man on fire in the movie and leaves him burning. Also its debatable if he killed a few of the mutants or not with what he does to a few of them.

BANNED

And Burton's Batman was a pretty poor Batman. When did Nolan's Batman kill? He did let Ra's die, but he didn't kill him. He did shoot out the engine on Talia's truck, which is about as close to a killing as you can get. Hell, he specifically forbade Catwoman from using handguns. And for all its flaws, Shumacher's Batman never killed. I don't know where you're pulling that from.
    Agreed,the moment Burtman actually became an outright killer is when Burton lost his job,Batman Returns was a controversial movie. It didn't even come close to the original movie at the box office and drew criticism for being too unfriendly for kids.
    Schumacher shouldn't even be mentioned here,he's apologised for his Batman movies.
    Nolan Batman movies too based themselves around Batman's no kill code,it's funny how people love to grasp at straws but ignore the far more powerful and poignant sequences like Bruce's initiation ceremony and the Joker/Batman's final verbal exchange.