Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Two different animated movies and 3 different comics series?
    Under the Red Hood
    Return of the Joker

The Dark Knight Strikes Again
    Under the Hood story arc
    Arkham Knight Genesis

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    What a weird sentence. It was adapted twice to other big plataforms outside comics and in either case it had either better or interesting changes from the source material. Where does ripoff comes from in the argument?

Personally I don`t, no. In order for something like that to come out well they would have to ace character writing pretty damn good and their track record isn`t that big.
    I'm saying that the basic idea from a Joker story perspective is still the same and each time they are forced to make some change to separate it from the original,you can only change one story so many times,it's just not a sustainable process.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Under the Red Hood
    Return of the Joker

The Dark Knight Strikes Again
    Under the Hood story arc
    Arkham Knight Genesis
    Return of the Joker - that was Tim Drake
    The Dark Knight Strikes Again - that was Dick Grayson

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    Return of the Joker - that was Tim Drake
    The Dark Knight Strikes Again - that was Dick Grayson
    Return of the Joker- That was Jason Todd named Tim Drake
    TDKSA- They flipped Dick and Jason,Dick became the failure while Jason became the success or well the respectable martyr.

Overall the high ups in the company dont care if the character is called Tim,Dick or Jason. All they see is Joker twisting a Robin in to becoming Batman's nemesis,they care about Joker and under normal circumstances such a story wouldn't bother me but after BvS they need to realize that excessive use of one or two ideas which make the character unlikable and detestable,even foolish is not the best way to create a new franchise.
    UTRH as the middle movie of the franchise is fine but it's not a movie to kickoff a new Batman universe.

Spectacular Member

People are saying the basic story is overdone and it's true. The execs dont care about Jason,all they care about is Batman having a bad son fricked up by Joker,that premise has 2 different animated movies, a video game and 3 different comics series. I for one dont want them to go the same route all over again,Jason being the new Joker is a very real possibility because it separates this version from UTRH,is dark,allows them to have Joker and so it's a win-win in their heads.
    That's what I have been thinking as I posted above.. they probably will carry on letting us think Jared Leto's Joker is the original Joker for the next four DC movie's suicide squad.. etc etc and then bam! When Affleck comes to do his stand alone Batman movie it will be revealed that this Joker is Jason todd and we will see in flashbacks Batman killing the original Joker,becoming a criminal killing batman and Jason's tranformation in to Leto's Joker.. it's Ballsy if they do it!

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Pretty much what I believe as well,Batman vs Joker is on it's way to poisoning the entire Batman franchise.It's poisoned the comics already, they had Bane shipping Joker and Batman in Europa and Snyder has rewritten Batman's new-52 history to have Joker in every single important moment of his life. They want the easy way out by having Joker just like they wanted the easy way out for Superman movies by adding Batman to them. But like I said UTRH might get them their Batman vs Joker movie but it stops right there,Dick opens the door to so much else,either way BvS burst the Batman bubble and the Joker bubble isn't too far from bursting imo.
    This is just not true. The last Batman trilogy was a smashing success and far and away the best and most successful movie of the 3 had the Joker front and center. As for comics, during Snyder's run Batman was consistently the best selling non-event comic and the Joker was present for over 20% of the issues in the run. The reason Suicide Squad is getting so much buzz is the Joker and his derivative Harley. The Joker is arguably DC's 2nd most popular and valuable IP after Batman himself. I understand why comics fans are sick of him, but he sells
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 03-25-2016 at 11:41 AM.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

"Ben Affleck has confirmed to "DC All Access" that he is working with DC Entertainment CCO Geoff Johns on something.

"Geoff Johns is a brilliant guy," said Affleck. "I consider him to be the most valued resource on all things comic book. And every time I like something in a comic I mention, he goes, 'Oh yeah, I wrote that.' Now I just think he's bullshitting me, because he says he wrote everything. He and I are working together on something and I really am excited about it and I love him. He's the best.""

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Batman was so awesome here. Loved it. Best part of the film by far and best Batman by far.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    "Ben Affleck has confirmed to "DC All Access" that he is working with DC Entertainment CCO Geoff Johns on something.

"Geoff Johns is a brilliant guy," said Affleck. "I consider him to be the most valued resource on all things comic book. And every time I like something in a comic I mention, he goes, 'Oh yeah, I wrote that.' Now I just think he's bullshitting me, because he says he wrote everything. He and I are working together on something and I really am excited about it and I love him. He's the best.""
    Could it be the special August 17 mystery film WB have planned?
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Batman being a murderer was a huge turn off for me. You can have a brutal Batman without him killing people. It's what the Arkham games did. This movie's Batman seems to be lax when it comes to guns. He'll gladly use them as long as he doesn't directly pull the trigger.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Zack Snyder rationlizes Batman kills as Manslaughter not murder
    http://www.heyuguys.com/exclusive-za...an-v-superman/

I tried to do it in a technical way. There’s a great YouTube video that shows all the kills in the Christopher Nolan movies even though we would perceive them as movies where he doesn’t kill anyone. I think there’s 42 potential kills that Batman does! Also, it goes back and includes even the Tim Burton Batman movies where this reputation as a guy that doesn’t kill comes from.

So, I tried to do it by proxy. Shoot the car they’re in, the car blows up or the grenade would go off in the guy’s hand, or when he shoots the tank and the guy pretty much lights the tank [himself]. I perceive it as him not killing directly, but if the bad guy’s are associated with a thing that happens to blow up, he would say that that’s not really my problem.

A little more like manslaughter than murder, although I would say that in the Frank Miller comic book that I reference, he kills all the time. There’s a scene from the graphic novel where he busts through a wall, takes the guy’s machine gun…I took that little vignette from a scene in The Dark Knight Returns, and at the end of that, he shoots the guy right between the eyes with the machine gun. One shot. Of course, I went to the gas tank, and all of the guys I work with were like, ‘You’ve gotta shoot him in the head’ because they’re all comic book dorks, and I was like, ‘I’m not gonna be the guy that does that!’
    This doesn't make things better. You still got Bats killing people.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

No wonder Joker and Riddler weren't in BVS, Batman probably shot them to death already.

Can't have the audience wondering how Joker & Riddler survived BatPunisher. "I'll just shoot Joker's car and gas tank and if it explodes and kills him: I win"
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-25-2016 at 01:18 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

This was the best Batman I've ever seen right up there with Tim Burton
    The only thing missing was him being so down in his PTSD that his natural deductive skills took a hit but that was mostly to fuel the conflict.
    The first scene with Batman was so good almost like it was from a horror movie perfect.

Most people are going to argue about him killing in the film but to me if you watched any film before this one featuring Batman that shouldn't be a problem since he's killed in all his movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    This was the best Batman I've ever seen right up there with Tim Burton
    The only thing missing was him being so down in his PTSD that his natural deductive skills took a hit but that was mostly to fuel the conflict.
    The first scene with Batman was so good almost like it was from a horror movie perfect.

Most people are going to argue about him killing in the film but to me if you watched any film before this one featuring Batman that shouldn't be a problem since he's killed in all his movies.
    The dark knight rises was boring so I never rewatched it, but I don't remember him killing anyone in that movie. Catwoman took out Bane
    Hold my Annihilus- Johnny Storm

BANNED

TDKSA- They flipped Dick and Jason,Dick became the failure while Jason became the success or well the respectable martyr.
    I can see where you`re coming from overall but this isn`t flipping anything. Miller was the one who set Jason as the martyr way back in the original work. True, he didn`t seem to set Grayson in a bad light back then, but that doesn`t negate that it was Jason`s death - not whatever happened between him and Dick - that made him stop being Batman.

As far as Miller is concerned there is no comprimising regarding presenting Jason like that so you might just replace TDKSA with TDKR as technicality.