Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Does this preview picture tells us who is the villain who chained Eternity?

spoilers:
    Is this Master Order?
    end of spoilers
    Yes it is, but I doubt it did.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...ers-only-event

"I can't really describe the pages in words," said Ewing. "There's a big science fiction ball being pushed up a mountain, that's going to come into play. The guy getting punched in the face on the right is Habis."
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Maybe it's Maestro who chained Eternity with Premium Cash Shop. Ewing hinted that his titles will tie-in together in some big way.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Niffleheim

I probably shouldn't have been reading Infinity Entity followed by Ultimates but i found this issue boring. It also highlighted how every member of the team to be dour but i still like the story arc i'm just getting bored with the lack of team conflicts. Maybe i'm not used to every one getting along in a team - the team dynamic is a bit off for a comic book about characters that don't have that much history together. I expected so much more for the end of the first arc than what was written (i'm guessing this is the end of the 1st arc?!!!!)
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

i'm glad there isn't any time conflict. ooooh. Miss America hates Captain Marvel because...reasons! drama!

Where did you get the idea that America hates Captain Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    i'm glad there isn't any time conflict. ooooh. Miss America hates Captain Marvel because...reasons! drama!
    Yeah, for most of them, there's not much room for conflict. Carol and Monica are friends, Monica and Adam became friends on the Mighty Avengers, T'Challa's worked with Carol and Monica plenty. All four of them are mature, professional individuals. That really just leaves America, and she doesn't waste time on drama.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Plenty of time for conflict in the team in a few months when Civil war starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post
    Where did you get the idea that America hates Captain Marvel?
    ...its a joke.

Extraordinary Member

Incredible Member

Initially upon reading the original post i thought that i , a long time member of the " Let The Blue Marvel be MARVELOUS" fan club , would be disappointed due to once again not seeing Adam Brashear cut loose with his power set.

However ....upon the conclusion of reading the issue i must say it was very thought provoking despite not having much juvenile action ( which i was looking forward to. This is a comic book after all). The concepts of time and space discussed some what echoed some of my own thoughts regarding creation being materialized thought in the mind of an ( potentially "schizophrenic" ) entity. Although Ewing wasn't subtle in the way that he handled the topic i felt conceptually it didn't go much further than it's embryonic stage which it shouldn't have in this issue and possibly this medium or title. I could be wrong about that last point though....

This issue was a good read and showed why i pay MONEY for this title . BTW i also buy my comics digitally and i cannot imagine i am the only one . If public sales numbers don't reflect my purchase i wonder what the true sales numbers are for this title?
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    So, we're just going to ignore the fact that Ewing just explained all retcons ever?
    I got the feeling it was explaining the sliding timescale, less than retcons. I think this is the first time the sliding timescale has ever been officially mentioned inside a comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    By far this book is one of the best Marvel is printing atm. High concept, clearly explaining retcons and time fluxes while at the same time all of this possibly being a red herring for the "cage," diverse cast without rehashed superheroes (Iron man, Cap, etc.). This feel of this book is a combination of Fantastic Four, Defenders and Avengers and I'm enjoying every moment.
    I too am absolutely loving this book. Definitely one of the best that Marvel puts out each month. I also get the feel of the original Defenders book when reading this. And the reaction to this book on here makes me wonder how the original Defenders would have been received today. Not well, I suspect.

This is one of my favorite ongoings at the moment. I don't know how some of you guys think it's boring. It's like a continuation of Hickman's Fantastic Four.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I think the book flows pretty nicely. I dont think everything has to be 85% face punches, gore and toilet humor. It's an intelligent read, but I can see how the less patient can be put off by the pacing and style. I like the idea of exploring the outer reaches of space-time and reality, especially following SW. This book is explains the metaphysical fallout of creating a new reality. I think it's kind of necessary. The art is great, the story is solid. Maybe they'll blow something up to make some of you happy next month...
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Extraordinary Member

The ultimates show up in issue 6 of contest of champions.