Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I don't even want him around if he loses his powers. He still needs to go. He can lose his powers and he and Lois be jaunted off to another place in the multiverse, with the conundrum being that with both being completely normal, there's nothing they can do to find their son on their own. They will have to place faith in their son finding them. To me that's the way to go if he does lose his own powers.
    You know, I gotta agree with misslane on this one. The Super family has seen enough needless loss and trauma. After what happened to Kal-L in Infinite Crisis Id rather not see yet another former Superman get screwed.

I'd rather they all go off to their own world, but if Jon has to stick around (which Im fine with on its own) I dont need him to have a great big pile of sad thrown on top of it. That's not what Superman is about.

Just have Superdad (I love that that name has become a thing and as far as I know I started it ) lose his powers and stay in the background with his wife. If he doesnt have his powers he's not stepping in on Superman's territory. He can be a farmer, Lois can stick around as "Author X" (hopefully with a name change that doesnt suck) and Jon can have that post-Crisis family vibe that so many confuse for "classic" Superman.

Hell, such a thing might even open up a little more wiggle room for the current Superman to step further away from that wrong-headed characterization.

Not to say your idea doesnt have merit, and if they do go with that or something similar it could still be good. But I for one have seen enough tragedy in the Superman line; that stuff and its "this one bad event shaped my life forever! Darkness! Orphan!!" stuff can stay in Gotham where it belongs.
    Last edited by Ascended; 03-24-2016 at 08:28 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Thing is though I don't think it has to be dark (I know I listed death as an option...but that's just because it is indeed an option, not necessarily my preferred method). If Jon knows they're alive, and if they know Jon is alive and taken care of (I imagine the two of them fading away or something and asking our Lois to take care of him, or maybe PreFP-Lois has a heart to heart with main Lois before some final showdown just in case), the optimisim is in them finding one another again some day. Hell it could be Jon's main mission in his young career. Superman has his never-ending battle and this young Superboy has his (never-ending in the sense that since time moves in comics only at the whims of the creators, they could carry this on for any amount of time without any substantial time ever actually passing). And really, one of the building blocks to becoming Superman is him losing his parents, so it wouldn't really be that out of whack with the mythos to have this new Superboy start in a similar fashion. But again, it can have an air of positivity about it considering how they craft it. I don't mean to be so utterly harsh about it into how I illustrate it, it just comes from my longstanding distaste of too many alternates running around. Ideas like Power Girl and Huntress intrigue. Jon has potential but other than that I just don't like going overboard, especially when it comes to your icons, so I just see his parents being a distraction on the main world. Earth-Two and Earth-One Superman were in publication alongside each other for a long time, so they can both exist, but lived on separate worlds. To me that's how you make that scenario work in general terms.

But this is DC so they might go dark with it anyway. Worth mentioning that there was a running gag with Tomasi calling the issue of Batman Inc. where Damian died an "uber-story". He used the same term to describe Super League, making the interviewer note that and wonder if someone dies and Tomasi was just coy about it. So who knows.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-24-2016 at 08:51 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Well, you've got me on the loss of the parents thing.

Okay, if done well and handled in a mature, non-grim way? I could get behind it.

I just dont need more angst in Superman. It goes against the grain of the character.

But its Didio's DC, so grim and angst is almost certainly what we'd get.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Right. I get the dark angles, I really do. And I can even understand a distrust in the idea that it would be crafted as not-dark even if I make any sort of case at all that it can be. I understand they haven't earned that trust.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I'm OK with Jon as Superboy, and I'm OK with Superdad depowered and in retirement, serving as Jon's coach. I do not want Jon orphaned or abandoned. He's the son of the Superman who had both parents alive and well and present throughout most of his adult career; so it would be fitting to continue that trend. Let him be a Super Son.

Of course, I'm also a fan of the pre-IDCrisis Tim Drake and Marvel's “Mayday Parker” Spider-Girl, the common element being that both juxtaposed a happy home life with a crimefighting career. I don't need my heroes to be driven by loss, nor do I see having parental support as a stumbling block or obstacle to achieving one's full potential.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

I don't either, but in this case their presence is a distraction for the main Superman and Lois Lane. The need for them to be gone is more for their sake than for Jon's in this instance. Although I think it creates more interesting ideas for Jon too. In any other instance though I'm never opposed to adolescent superheroes juxtaposing that life with a happy family home. I don't want their removal to be done via dark means, but at the same time DC and Jurgens created this mess themselves though, so if tragic is the route they go, I still consider that better than the alternative of them around.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-25-2016 at 01:17 AM.

Agree to disagree, then? Because I have no problem with the pre-Flashpoint Lois & Clark living on the same Earth as the post-Flashpoint Lois & Clark.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Oh, absolutely. I definitely won't pretend I'm speaking for anyone but myself on how I feel about the situation.

Amazing Member

I know it wont happen and im pretty alone with my opinion but f*ck New 52 Supes , hope the chocking reveal in Rebirth is he gets killed by Superboy Prime. And Pre-Flashpoint supes takes over with Classic Costume.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jonte View Post
    I know it wont happen and im pretty alone with my opinion but f*ck New 52 Supes , hope the chocking reveal in Rebirth is he gets killed by Superboy Prime. And Pre-Flashpoint supes takes over with Classic Costume.
    I wouldn't shed a tear for sure. But I prefer that anything that will happen will be without deaths

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I'm OK with Jon as Superboy, and I'm OK with Superdad depowered and in retirement, serving as Jon's coach. I do not want Jon orphaned or abandoned. He's the son of the Superman who had both parents alive and well and present throughout most of his adult career; so it would be fitting to continue that trend. Let him be a Super Son.

Of course, I'm also a fan of the pre-IDCrisis Tim Drake and Marvel's “Mayday Parker” Spider-Girl, the common element being that both juxtaposed a happy home life with a crimefighting career. I don't need my heroes to be driven by loss, nor do I see having parental support as a stumbling block or obstacle to achieving one's full potential.
    yes please, not evertything has to be tragedy and loss

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonte View Post
    Pretty sure that's the one thing that won't happen. Especially since this book isn't selling as well as expected.

BANNED

1 superman with the JL
    1 superman with the super league
    They are setting it up now

Jon hopefully doesnt have TTK or becomes girl crazy,i want jon to be great,just not be like any version of the greatest clone ever Kon,who needs to be back and better than he was treated before