Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DC positivity

BANNED

Default DC positivity

Hi. Honestly all the early comments about BvS are depressing me. Im not saying they are wrong, i have to see the thing yet, im just saying that those are hard times to be a DC fan
    So, this is a tread for alll DC positivity . Post whatever make you feel in love with this universe and its characters
    A relaxed topic, overall

In my case, it was mostly Batman, since i was a kid, but later, with the animated series., i found the bigger DC universe and its posibilities.
    The show batman the brave and the bold, for example. Batman himself was not Adam West lite there, he was grumpy and all serious, but everything around was colorful , pure comic booky fun. This show is very underrated
    Young justice, also, relatable young heros with a mature tone for a cartoon that i really enjoyed, mostly first season, and the importance of Legacy in the DCU that i understand why so many people miss in the New 52
    Also, i love rge lantern verse and its concepts

Now is you guys turn . Why you like DC and why are you here

Even though I'm more of a Marvel fan, they are doing alot of stuff that is turning me off from them. What I like about DC is the sense of Maturity about their heroes and villains. It has weight to it that Marvel doesn't have. Their Icons have alot of weight and have been around since the Golden Age of the Great Depression.

BANNED

Yeah, i admire their lonegvity. A bad movie, in case BvS is really that bad, isj ust a bad movie, those heroes are inmortal

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

I love what I'm hearing about Batfleck, I love the weight, and sense of cost, in every action, and I'm liking the continuity.

The latter two, while I enjoy the MCU, are my biggest gripes about what Marvel Studios has been doing.

I also want to see The Rock as Black Adam, too.

BANNED

yeah, you cant accuse them of playing safe

But this is a DCU positivity overall, beyond the current movies.
    çLest b e honest, if schumacher didnt kill Batman popularity, snyder cant, lol
    The thing, is, Batman was succesfuly re invented and now Adam West, is just a nostalgic thing, and for a lot of people that was THE batman that they grow up. I wonder why it cant happen with Donner Superman,

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kanon the Sea Dragon View Post
    yeah, you cant accuse them of playing safe

But this is a DCU positivity overall, beyond the current movies.
    çLest b e honest, if schumacher didnt kill Batman popularity, snyder cant, lol
    The thing, is, Batman was succesfuly re invented and now Adam West, is just a nostalgic thing, and for a lot of people that was THE batman that they grow up. I wonder why it cant happen with Donner Superman,
    I agree, but maybe we should get someone other than Snyder to do the next Supes movie.

Have Snyder do Lobo; it's a much better fit.

Uh...um...I like Superman beating up robots?

I do not like too much drama and soap opera so I prefer dc over marvel.

BANNED

I definitely share the sentiment of the original post. I've been depressed about the state of DC for a while, and the BvS reviews aren't helping. This decade will probably be looked back on as the darkest in DC history. That was pretty bleak, so I'll be positive now.

I recently started reading some of Chuck Dixons Bat-Family work. Nightwing, Robin, the Knightfall and Contagion storylines, all fantastic. The Dixon era is by far my favorite era for Batman books, and I'd love for post-Rebirth DC to focus on the strong family dynamic of these characters.

BANNED

good point, early MCU films are basically the Silver Age comic books, if they are fiathful, they just can go darker with time, altough i think they will get praised anyways, lol. I like Marvel, tought, but double standards exist and are obvious

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I definitely share the sentiment of the original post. I've been depressed about the state of DC for a while, and the BvS reviews aren't helping. This decade will probably be looked back on as the darkest in DC history. That was pretty bleak, so I'll be positive now.

I recently started reading some of Chuck Dixons Bat-Family work. Nightwing, Robin, the Knightfall and Contagion storylines, all fantastic. The Dixon era is by far my favorite era for Batman books, and I'd love for post-Rebirth DC to focus on the strong family dynamic of these characters.

Chuck is the man, my fav Batman creator. Love what he did with many bat familiy members . I missed back in time where Bruce eventaully could smile, tought
    I know this is a positivity thread , but i cant help this one. I know Zack Snyder is the one to blame now, but i also dont like the other Snyder, and what he did to the Bta mythos, its obvious he dislikes the bat familiy, besides thei personal creations, his Joker is a walking plot device more than an actual character . I think the gorgeous Capullo work is some part of its popularity

I agree that Marvel is getting overrated an I'm getting sick of people comparing them.

I am optimistic going to start reading Aquaman the trench and forward and going back starting prelude to blackest night to get me some Green Lantern. Hyped for Rebirth gonna hop on there for several comics. And I pre-ordered Batman v Superman on Blu-ray.
    Last edited by Meow; 03-23-2016 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    I agree, but maybe we should get someone other than Snyder to do the next Supes movie.

Have Snyder do Lobo; it's a much better fit.
    BRAD BIRD and JON FAVERAU for SUPES!! Can I get an AMEN?!

While I like both Marvel and DC, I prefer DC's comics because in my short time as a comics reader I've found more things I like from them. I also tend to prefer superheroes who don't have any superpowers and DC just seems to have more of those (at least high-profile ones).