Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I feel Maria Hill has set the stage for a SHIELD Civil War as shown in the Howling Commandos and Agents of Shield comics

In the last Howling Commandos issue Dum Dum Dugan knew Pleasant Hill was a prison however thought it was your average prison not knowing about the mind and reality wrapping and found out the hard way when rescuing a team member that got unjustly place there. During the Standoff saga while other teams are setup to be fighting other teams (ANAD Avengers vs Unity Squad and Agents of SHIELD vs New Avengers) this team had to battle against the strongest and most dangerous of them all. spoilers:
    The KOBIK goddess girl herself! She is not pleasant or innocent (or wasn't properly educated and taught a strong moral code and moral responsible of her powers as Maria used her as a tool for her whims).

Plus adding to the recent ANAD Avenger comic possibly it is she who is pulling all the strings. Hill herself might be a long term victim and first prisoner of that town and a puppet for the girl. She might be trying to lure both classified "good" and "bad" into her fun perfect happy town.
    end of spoilers

In Agents of SHIELD Coulson like many others was told and believed that the KOBIK program was scraped and didn't know about Pleasant Hill and wasn't happy to here about what Maria was doing at all. Coulson wanted to see Rick to confirm about what he heard while managing another big mission and things went off the rails from that. I like that when looking into SHIELD as a whole the organization itself has many people within who want to do good vs treating like it's one mindless being. It's more complicated then black and white that some of the characters and other teams have treated them as such and that inside there are individuals who has their own options/beliefs and moral code (and Maria knew that they would object and possibly try to stop her thus she lied and hide secrets from them for her own beliefs).

This saga like many people have wrote might have her lose her dictator position or cause a major rift within SHIELD. Maria SHIELD vs Coulson SHIELD and be apart of the upcoming Civil War 2 event
    Last edited by AngelJD; 03-24-2016 at 12:19 AM.

Incredible Member

Maria Hill has been fired from the Director job so many times, I would legitimately buy some cosmic power constantly returning her there. Like, what happened to Director Quake and Director Steve? They're both better fits.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    Maria Hill has been fired from the Director job so many times, I would legitimately buy some cosmic power constantly returning her there. Like, what happened to Director Quake and Director Steve? They're both better fits.
    Steve dropped the job after Bucky "died" again to become Captain America, leader of the Avengers full-time and left it to Quake. Then Quake got screwed over by Maria Hill in Nick Spencer's Secret Avengers, which is why Hill has been in charge of S.H.I.E.L.D. since. And yeah, it's s*** like this that makes me wonder why she's not on every vaguely morally upright or at least reliably ethical person in the Marvel Universe's s*** list. I mean, you get attempts every so often to make her a more sympathetic character, give her a softer, more humane side that people can empathize with and relate to, but then sooner or later, she veers right back into being a ruthless authoritarian who will go over the bodies of even people who aren't exactly her enemies if she thinks they're standing in the way of her doing "what's best" for global security. And someone feel free to correct me, but for those who'll call out how people generally accepted Nick Fury's own "ruthless bastard for the greater good" tendencies while criticizing Hill's as some kind of sexist double standard (which is an argument that can be made), I don't recall Fury ever attempting to tamper with something that could control the tapestry of the fabric of reality itself just to make a better prison.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I haven't read the event at all, but I love reading the spoilers. So my question is....

spoilers:
    Is the Kobik Goddess girl the same one who showed up in Ms. Marvel back in the day?
    end of spoilers
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I haven't read the event at all, but I love reading the spoilers. So my question is....

spoilers:
    Is the Kobik Goddess girl the same one who showed up in Ms. Marvel back in the day?
    end of spoilers
    no. she is spoilers:
    a bunch of cosmic cube fragments that bonded together and took the form of a little girl
    end of spoilers

anyway, to the bigger topic, definitely something coming, i don't think there is any way that Maria Hill's actions here can be overlooked. She has definitely crossed over into villain territory here, though she would never admit it, of course, because she thinks she's acting for the greater good. But presumably she will have some agents who are loyal to her, and others who are more, y'know, reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    I think that back when Steve decided to remake SHIELD, he (for some ungodly reason) put Maria Hill in charge of it. Gotta wonder how she still has a job considering how much she's screwed up since then.

Wait... is Dum Dum back??? I thought he was revealed in Secret Invasion to have died years ago and been an LMD since then?

I always liked him...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Wait... is Dum Dum back??? I thought he was revealed in Secret Invasion to have died years ago and been an LMD since then?

I always liked him...
    He's back as a self-aware LMD.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I think that back when Steve decided to remake SHIELD, he (for some ungodly reason) put Maria Hill in charge of it. Gotta wonder how she still has a job considering how much she's screwed up since then.
    Nah, he put Quake in charge who screwed up herself by ordering an assassination on AIM leader Andrew Forson. The UN dismissed her and put Hill in charge again (who very much worked behind the scenes to find a reason for a takeover). See Secret Avengers vol2 6-8.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Tinnef View Post
    Nah, he put Quake in charge who screwed up herself by ordering an assassination on AIM leader Andrew Forson. The UN dismissed her and put Hill in charge again (who very much worked behind the scenes to find a reason for a takeover). See Secret Avengers vol2 6-8.
    Thanks. I remembered the general outline, but I was fuzzy on the details. Haven't read Secret Avengers in a good while.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Bluebird

I think once Coulson is done retrieving his protocols that's ended up in the hands of the wrong people, he'll come to stake a claim in rebuilding SHIELD the right way.

i would not mind at all to see Coulson step up and take charge. but i don't think Maria Hill will give up her power easily. If she is not thrown in jail at the end of this, she will likely form some kind of splinter group broken off of SHIELD or something.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Did Maria Hill go crazy? I love it!
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2009
    --- the best there is at what I do ---

I dunno if 'crazy' is the right word, but she certainly has made some... questionable choices...

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

She was so wild and sarcastic in the Alpha. I didn't recognize her. I guess I've been missing out!
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2009
    --- the best there is at what I do ---