Default Dr. Wily in the Marvel universe

Shortly before Wily's first attempt at world conquest, Dr. Wily and the six original Robot Masters (Ice Man, Fire Man, Elec Man, Bomb Man, Guts Man, and Cut Man) are transported to the Marvel Universe, pre Secret War reboot. Does Wily manage to make his impact in the ever-competitive field of Marvel Universe mad scientists?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

He's going to be cursing for a long time that he has to build ANOTHER 9 themed lairs and semi infinite amounts of generic bots (this being before he gets resigned to the idea Mega Man will blow them up each time).

Honestly I don't see him getting much higher than Spider-Man villain or so. Maybe a team villain if they're kind of low rent like Power Pack or something. But the X-Men or Avengers would cut right through him.

The other problem with him is he doesn't fit many people thematically. Spiderman usually fights Animal-themed people or elementals. The X-Men fight evil Mutants or Mutant-haters. Captain America fights Nazis and other Anti-American forces. Etc. Etc.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

He'd be an Iron Man villain, but he'd have to hurry up and build Flash Man, Gravity Man, etc. type robots, and work on his crazy viruses like the Maverick virus and figure out a way to make it crossover into other types of robots outside of his own robot descendants.

With the tech that's available in the Marvel U, he's definitely a threat. Especially given the fact that he's designed robots that can do crazy things like weaponize time itself. And lets not get started on Met Armor.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Horror View Post
    Shortly before Wily's first attempt at world conquest, Dr. Wily and the six original Robot Masters (Ice Man, Fire Man, Elec Man, Bomb Man, Guts Man, and Cut Man) are transported to the Marvel Universe, pre Secret War reboot. Does Wily manage to make his impact in the ever-competitive field of Marvel Universe mad scientists?
    I think he could be a heavy hitter if he adapts the vast technological resources available in the MU to enhance his own tech. Imagine Sentinel sized Robot Masters with Ultron-class weapon tech and adamantium!

That said, I'm pretty sure the FF or your average Avengers line-up will probably be enough to take him out.

Don't forget: The original 6 Robot Masters are Light Numbers (DRN).

The first 6 Robot Masters were from Dr. Light, but the next 8 were Wily's, and I have always considered them to be superior.

I see Wily being somewhat cyclical in how he is treated. He does a splash, gets stopped, talks his way out of things, goes under the radar until he can acquire some new tech to expand on (basically any of the famous suits or robots), build up his power base, and then does a big job. People realize he's a possible instigator, but he's never the first name to come to mind, if that makes any sense. An example would be if someone needed a scientist, the first people to come to mind are Reed Richards or Tony Stark, not Bruce Banner (up until Gamma Radiation is mentioned). Wily would be the same, except for robotics.

Of course, I can also see him building a Mega Man by accident if left to his own devices.

For example of storylines:

"What do you mean, he reprogrammed an Ultron unit?!?"

"And using it as a vector to take over the rest!"

"What are they currently doing?"

"Building a.... uhm.... giant, skull-themed castle?"

"And I am confident that with my robot replacing the fleshy human pilot, this Steel Man model based off that old Iron Man design will match the actual one within 80%."

Obadiah Stane sneered at Dr. Wily. "Only 80%? I hired you to create a weapon to end Stark, and your suit cannot even match his?"

Dr. Wily hits a button, and a large metal door rolls up. Ranks of Steel Men stand in view. "52 suits, actually. And another every 2 hours. Unlike your previous scientists, I know the value of mass production."

"Dr. Albert Wily, you would consider yourself an expert in robotics and programming, correct?"

Dr. Wily looked out of his jail cell. "Yes, the fact that I build self-aware mechanical automatons supports that."

The man in black leaned forward. "How would you like to cut down on your sentence by doing some honest work for the government?"

Wily glanced at the calendar. "Well, a little honest work never hurt anyone. Any details?" asked Wily.

The man grinned. "Have you ever heard of the Sentinel project?"

---Some Time Later---

"Sir, the Setinels showed up at the pro-Mutant rally and malfunctioned!"

"Oh, God, were any real people hurt!"

"Er, none, sir? The Sentinels... they joined the rally! Singing 'We Shall Overcome' and waving signs. One gave a speech on how 'Freedom is a right of all sentient beings'."

"Wily!"

"What, you hired me on April 1st, I thought the whole thing was a joke. I mean, c'mon, 'honest work' with the government?"

Spiderman looked up at the giant yellow cyclops. "You're going to be a giant pain in the butt, aren't you?"

The giant responded by exploding into dozens of glowing, bouncing orbs, narrowly missing Spiderman, and reforming back into the giant at the other end of the alley.

"That's a yes."

A spray of energy bullets was the giant's retort.

Reed Richards looks over at Victor Von Doom. "So, what you are saying, is that the Dr. Doom in Latveria with the new skull helmet is actually a rebuilt Doombot that overthrew the Doombot you left in charge of Latveria while you were in space, and that he's effectively kicked you out of your own country."

Dr. Doom scowled, but nodded. "And is being controlled by some other mastermind, who I have not had a chance to track down yet."

"And that's the reason you need to crash on the couch for a couple days."

"I.... brought back some fascinating flora for Valeria?"

"Fine, but you have to explain to Sue."

"I'm watching you!" hissed Tony Stark.

"Really?" asked Dr. Wily, arching an eyebrow. "I thought the only things you watched were bottles and blondes?"

"There is no way you turned legitimate, Wily."

"Well, there's always a first time for everything," Wily grinned while checking his electric notepad. "But first, let's have an old favorite of yours. Guess who now holds a majority of Stark stock?"
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
    Of course, I can also see him building a Mega Man by accident if left to his own devices.
    He already built his own personal Mega Man, who (in terms of straight specs) is very much superior to the original.

He also reprogrammed and modified a Mega Man.

Given what he made in Mega Man series and now with Marvel tech. He is not a damn joke. That's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Given what he made in Mega Man series and now with Marvel tech. He is not a damn joke. That's for sure.
    He created a Robot Master based on alien technology that he knew next-to-nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra_Sonic View Post

That's what I am saying. He would be Iron Man to Avenger tier threat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    That's what I am saying. He would be Iron Man to Avenger tier threat.
    And given how easy it was for him to turn the world against Dr. Light at one point in his career...

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra_Sonic View Post
    And given how easy it was for him to turn the world against Dr. Light at one point in his career...

And given how Marvel erase hates their heroes in public, well yeah.

Wily could do some serious damage in the Marvel Universe. It's not that Wily is incompetent in his own world, but there is always someone foiling his plans. Had it not been for Mega Man, Wily would have conquered the world as far back as the original Mega Man game, because not even the freaking MILITARY could not stop the first Robot Masters (these were INDUSTRIAL robots, mind you--not meant for combat).

I forgot to mention, there was a group of alien robots Wily did manage to successfully modify and/or reprogram.