Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default WC EXCLUSIVE: "X-O Manowar" Concludes with #50, But Venditti Is Excited for Final Arc

Robert Venditti, who has guided Aric of Dacia's adventures since Valiant returned, spoke with CBR about what to expect from the series' epic finale.

Full article here.

Um...

Valiant once again showing their aversion to big issue numbers?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    Um...

Valiant once again showing their aversion to big issue numbers?
    Making it 50 issues, 56 including the specials, is a big achievement in the modern environment. Valiant can't ignore that modern readers want series that end and restart later.

Incredible Member

Robert Venditti, I salute you on a fantastic run. I continue to look forward to what you bring in Wrath of the Eternal Warrior. That said, I take this as welcome news. Characters need new voices to continue growing. I look forward to what future writers can do for X-O Manowar.

And I have no problem with the numbering issue.

Fantastic Member

I did not see that coming. Since Valiant seems to try to publish a small number of books each month, maybe it's good to give X-O some time off and give another character a chance.

Incredible Member

I'm sad to see X-O go, but it does appear to be Valiant staying true(ish) to form - run a character/series for awhile, end it while allowing something else to take it's place, then bring the character back with a new title/creative team when the story pitch is right.
    Last edited by ksbord; 03-24-2016 at 10:16 AM.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Sad that XO is ending, but I'm looking forward to this story, maybe the Torment is connected to Divinity.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    I did not see that coming. Since Valiant seems to try to publish a small number of books each month, maybe it's good to give X-O some time off and give another character a chance.
    Britannia and Savage are on the horizon.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Sad day to hear this news. While i understand how valiant works and accept it the end is difficult to accept. I certainly wont take it out on valiant and say no more for me. Valiant are simply top notch above marvel and dc. Cheers to you aric and shanhara you will be missed .

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Congrats to Valiant and Venditti on the milestone!

Had to drop X-O a couple of yrs ago due to budgetary restraints, even though it was highly enjoyable. I plan on completing this run in trade at some point.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    Britannia and Savage are on the horizon.
    I think Britannia will be a female character, no? What about Savage? Also, I really hope that we will see a Livewire series soon.

Oh no! I'm so sad to see this ending! Oh well, It was a great run. I never read a valiant comic in my life and then I picked up X-O #20 just for the hell of it one day, I bought all the back issues and continued reading other Valiant comics after. I stopped reading many Marvel and DC comics to make room for Valiant.

Mighty Member

It's going to be super weird not having an X-O book to look forward to, but one writer doing 50+ issues? That just doesn't happen these days, and naturally they'll need some time to find the right replacement after the fact. I'm going to echo some earlier comments and state that Vendetti did an amazing job reviving the character, building the mythology, the supporting cast, and plotting Aric's evolution, which is imo one of the most smooth and well planned character arcs in comics period. Every transition that Aric makes and the point at which he makes it is just perfect and meaningful.

Fantastic Member

While as sad as this is, Venditti stated that while X-O is ending, it won't be the last time he's writing Aric: https://twitter.com/robertvenditti/s...89468165668864

Now, whether that means Aric will show up in Wrath or if he's doing another book (mayhaps a Unity relaunch down the road?), who can say?

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Yeah it will feel super weird. Still Congrats to Valiant and Vendetti for 50 issues. That's not chump change these days. I'm looking forward to the last arc although I still need to do a lot of catching up with X-O first before I'll get there. It's good to know that it won't be the last time he writes Aric though.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG