Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Man I dont know this movie looks to be heading toward a billion worldwide. Regardless of critics opinions dont see how you can not rehire Snyder.
    Depends on if the studio thinks BvS made money because of Snyder or in spite of Snyder. And how it will affect future movies. If they make all their money up front and it drops like a rock in the next few weeks it doesn't bode well for Snyder, especially with all the negative reviews. Critics opinions might not mean much to the fans but the studios do pay attention to this. It's happened before. Batman Returns had a big opening and then sank out of sight the following weeks. And even though the critics gave Batman Returns more favorable reviews, Tim Burton was out after that and Joel Schumacher was in.

I hope to the gods that Affleck at least co-directs Justice League because Snyder can just not handle the huge amount of character involved in this story.

I think Peter Jackson should do it , he hit it out of the park with the Rings movies, I don't see why not the DC movies
    Last edited by AstroWolfboy; 03-28-2016 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroWolfboy View Post
    I think Peter Jackson should do it , he it it out of the park with the Rings movies, I don't see why not the DC movies
    my thought as well. he's got the chops for big scale team-oriented fantasy under his thumbs. Paul Dini/Bruce Timm, they can use the cinematographers Snyder uses to deliver good storytelling. Favreau, possibly if he's not burnt-out or smarting from his experience with Marvel Studios. Shane Black, Robert Rodriguez or maybe maybe Mel Gibson.

BANNED

I don't know how significant this is, but it's interesting. The success of the DCEU might not be as airtight as it seems. http://screencrush.com/batman-vs-sup...ecord-decline/

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I don't know how significant this is, but it's interesting. The success of the DCEU might not be as airtight as it seems. http://screencrush.com/batman-vs-sup...ecord-decline/
    *shakes fist in the air* Snyder will never work in this town again!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    *shakes fist in the air* Snyder will never work in this town again!
    I know you're joking, but there's no way this will put Snyder out of a job. Best we can hope for is for someone to reign in Snyder, which is still pretty unlikely.

I know you're joking, but there's no way this will put Snyder out of a job. Best we can hope for is for someone to reign in Snyder, which is still pretty unlikely.
    I wonder if they approached Affleck for directing BvS but he declined? I think Affleck was thrown around as a possible Justice League director years ago

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    I wonder if they approached Affleck for directing BvS but he declined? I think Affleck was thrown around as a possible Justice League director years ago
    A few years ago, I'd have cringed at the thought of an Affleck directed JL movie. Now, Im perfectly fine with it, if only because he'd be an improvement.

A few years ago, I'd have cringed at the thought of an Affleck directed JL movie. Now, Im perfectly fine with it, if only because he'd be an improvement.
    The take on Batman they gave him is fundamentally flawed. This batman is okay with killing. That's fine for an elseworlds story. Not for the cinematic universe. That aside, he seemed to try so hard and he did a good job. He also shows sincere passion and interest in the DCU;

I don't think he'd be the ideal (they need someone like Whedon who understands these characters and the DCU) replacement director, but he'd do better than Snyder.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroWolfboy View Post
    I think Peter Jackson should do it , he hit it out of the park with the Rings movies, I don't see why not the DC movies
    This is a great idea

BANNED

I'm wishful hoping that now that we've gotten all the origin stories out of the way, Snyder will do better just focusing on the present. If you think about Mos and BvS, the majority of the problems stem from the flashbacks.

I'm of the opinion that, visually, BvS blows the doors off Marvel movies (save for a few scenes). So I want the team responsible for the visuals around. They just need someone else around to keep the story focused and well told. To me, there's nothing in the Marvel universe that holds a candle up to the Batman warehouse fight or the size and scope of the Doomsday fight. Or the way Batman escaped the cop in the beginning, that was spectacular. The batmobile scene was also extremely well done. Marvel movies seriously look cheap in comparison, jus a lot of CG usually.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanBeyond28 View Post
    I'm wishful hoping that now that we've gotten all the origin stories out of the way, Snyder will do better just focusing on the present. If you think about Mos and BvS, the majority of the problems stem from the flashbacks.

I'm of the opinion that, visually, BvS blows the doors off Marvel movies (save for a few scenes). So I want the team responsible for the visuals around. They just need someone else around to keep the story focused and well told. To me, there's nothing in the Marvel universe that holds a candle up to the Batman warehouse fight or the size and scope of the Doomsday fight. Or the way Batman escaped the cop in the beginning, that was spectacular. The batmobile scene was also extremely well done. Marvel movies seriously look cheap in comparison, jus a lot of CG usually.
    BVS does have good things going for it and they aren't getting the attention they deserve in the midst of the negative reviews.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Just get him some help.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I overall really like the film, even love it in some parts but...if it can save us from going through all this melodrama again, I'd be fine with Snyder leaving. Or at least getting a co-director.

@mrPizza Thanks I was trying to think of someone better then Del Toro Since hes better in the horror genre