Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

What would a JJ Abrahms-guided DCEU be like?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Can't believe no ones mentioned Guillermo Del Toro yet! He's one of the few directors around who can still make a decent big budget film! At the very least, he'd be an improvement over Zack.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    What would a JJ Abrahms-guided DCEU be like?

At least JJ Abrams being the hack that he is receives better reactions from the critics for his movie for some reasons. Must be the fun factor. Superhero movies must a cheese fest full of crap jokes for the uneducated critics.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Can't believe no ones mentioned Guillermo Del Toro yet! He's one of the few directors around who can still make a decent big budget film! At the very least, he'd be an improvement over Zack.

Good one bro. The critics seem to appreciate his works. Problem is, Guillermo Del Toro is a guy moving to a project to another project in a split second. Being head of the DCEU is a commiment that Del Toro won't take.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    At least JJ Abrams being the hack that he is receives better reactions from the critics for his movie for some reasons. Must be the fun factor. Superhero movies must a cheese fest full of crap jokes for the uneducated critics.
    Right, that's the reason movies like Nolan-Trilogy, Sin City, and Dredd all went over well with critics.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I wonder what it would have been like if we went back thirty or so years and handed DCEU to Lucas or Spielberg in their primes.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I wonder what it would have been like if we went back thirty or so years and handed DCEU to Lucas or Spielberg in their primes.

Joe Chill shot first! slogan gains popularity after controversial George Lucas' special 30th anniversary edition of Batman digitally edits Thomas Wayne shooting before Joe does.

Good one bro. The critics seem to appreciate his works. Problem is, Guillermo Del Toro is a guy moving to a project to another project in a split second. Being head of the DCEU is a commiment that Del Toro won't take.
    Maybe he at least would appreciate the job stability, given how many of his projects seem to get canned all the time.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    Maybe he at least would appreciate the job stability, given how many of his projects seem to get canned all the time.
    And hey, maybe if the DCEU gets rolling with him at head Del Toro will finally have enough clout to get his "At The Mountains of Madness" film or whatever other dream project made.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    My first call would be to George Miller with an offer he can't refuse. He seems pretty intent on making Mad Max sequels though. Next, I would ask Nolan what it would take to jump back into the genre. Both are unlikely, but sometimes it's hard to say no to the $s WB could/should offer up. The real homerun would be JJ Abrams, but I doubt that has any chance of happening unless you give him part ownership of WB
    You know what screw George Miller. I know that would be the first name brought up and it just make me mad. Everyone keeps jerking off over Fury Road when the movie had pretty much ZERO plot. It was drive here turn around and drive back with a shitton of car crashes inbetween. That was the whole movie!!!! It had a thinner plot than Avatar for gods sake. It was all spectacle which is not much different than what Snyder does only Miller does practical effects while Snyder use CG.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'd try to get those Russo Brothers.
    I can dig it; either them or Affleck

No way the Russos leave when they're about to direct Avengers: Infinity Wars. I'd rather get someone like Matthew Vaughn or Brad Bird if he wanted it

BANNED

Brad Bird as director.

Creative braintrust: JMS, Grant Morrison, Mark Waid, Michael Uslan.

Let some of the TV folks like Kreisberg exec produce.

Way too much pressure for Affleck to direct Justice League I think, he must already be feeling the heat.

If Wonder Woman turns out great, the studio should look at Patty Jenkins, it would obviously generate a lot of goodwill having a female directing DC's crown jewel and would give a strong indication that the Snyder style is out the window.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

BANNED

Have a question: why are some of you so dead-set against SOME comic book movies being light, fun, and inspiring? Is it just that you're too cynical, or that you're trying to fit in with the hipster crowd that's too cool for those sorts of things?

We have a nigh-limitless spectrum of genres, flavors, and characters in comics. Why can't the same hold for comic book movies, even if they share the same studio and universe?

A Superman who is true to the core unities of the character, with the optimism and sense of fun that Chris Evans' Cap has, would have been a far better foil for the sometimes cynical and grim Batman. Those differences would have played against each other beautifully onscreen.

Look at the irony of the free comic DC gave out this week to coincide with Batfleck V NotSoSuperman. The first issue of Superman/Batman. The differences and similarities of the characters are explored to great effect in that one issue and the rest of the series.

Too bad the WB can't see that.

I'll add Jeph Loeb to my list, by the way. Let him work on live-action DC and he'll leave Marvel, unless he's been burned too badly to return under the current regime.