View Poll Results: Should I check out his upcoming Rebirth run?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, it's good stuff.

1 12.50%
  • I like it, but it's not for everyone. Proceed with caution.

2 25.00%
  • Not for me, but I could see how others might like it. Maybe.

2 25.00%
  • Definitely no, it's just not good.

3 37.50%
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Default How's Ben Percy on Green Arrow?

I haven't been checking out the current material, but I read his two-part Detective Comics story awhile back, and while I had some issues characterization-wise, it generally impressed me. I know his GA material is at least somewhat contentious - is it worth at least checking out the Green Arrow: Rebirth one-shot, or is it a hard pass?
    Buh-bye

I like it to an extent, he has good ideas but seems to fail to stick the landing a lot. Definitely proceed with caution. I'm hoping them keeping him on it will give him time to mature as a comic writer, but so far its average imo.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

BANNED

He said on twitter that everything he's written has been lead to this relaunch, which to me, sounds more like he's been saving his best tricks and doing this filler werewolf arc.

Sadly, I think his work has regressed since that two-parter in 'Tec, which I suspect was carried mostly by the AMAZING John Paul Leon art. While I don't think that Percy's GA has been thoroughly terrible (at the very least he throws a lot of stuff against the wall, which makes the book unpredictable, dense and kind of fresh) there's no denying that the book is plagued by bad purple prose narration, confused and/or overly simplistic engagement with social issues and utterly forgettable villains.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

I really liked the 2 part 'Tec he did. I've found this GA run to be awful so far...I've suffered through some bad GA but this is right up there IMHO. Still scratching my head why they would give him TT, but willing to give him another shot

I can usually say "its not for me" for every current DC comic but two, this is one of them. Its just that bad.
    Last edited by napolid; 04-03-2016 at 03:15 AM.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol