Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Why not just use Ben Affleck?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    You know what screw George Miller. I know that would be the first name brought up and it just make me mad. Everyone keeps jerking off over Fury Road when the movie had pretty much ZERO plot. It was drive here turn around and drive back with a shitton of car crashes inbetween. That was the whole movie!!!! It had a thinner plot than Avatar for gods sake. It was all spectacle which is not much different than what Snyder does only Miller does practical effects while Snyder use CG.
    But Happy feet is much more fun than Legend of the Guardians.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    Way too much pressure for Affleck to direct Justice League I think, he must already be feeling the heat.

If Wonder Woman turns out great, the studio should look at Patty Jenkins, it would obviously generate a lot of goodwill having a female directing DC's crown jewel and would give a strong indication that the Snyder style is out the window.
    He sure feels it. :-(

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xon-Ur View Post
    Brad Bird as director.

Creative braintrust: JMS, Grant Morrison, Mark Waid, Michael Uslan.

Let some of the TV folks like Kreisberg exec produce.
    That's a pretty inspired list, I might swap Rucka for JMS and try to utilize JMS in a roll similar to Jeph Loeb for Marvel. (Imagine a slew of DCU shows on HBO and/or Cinemax).

Zack Snyder needs to go. Please Ben, save JL and direct the movie yourself.

Anyone who won't make Superman evil in JL, and someone who wants to do something with Superman at all when with a supporting cast of other heroes.

And someone who's not dumb enough to completely exclude Wonder Woman from forming the League after the events of BvS, as opposed to giving the job solely to Batman. Yes, that's actually what Snyder's doing.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Anyone who won't make Superman evil in JL, and someone who wants to do something with Superman at all when with a supporting cast of other heroes.

And someone who's not dumb enough to completely exclude Wonder Woman from forming the League after the events of BvS, as opposed to giving the job solely to Batman. Yes, that's actually what Snyder's doing.
    Please don't make Superman evil. That would be awful.

He's the Bruce Timm of film. Which is what I was so afraid was going to happen. I liked MOS, so in my opinion Snyder can do Superman. Wonder Woman sounds really cool, so he can direct Wonder Woman (one difference with Timnm, as he couldn't portray WW to save his life). Batman's the star and is well received so he can do Batman. But you put Batman in with these other characters and it all goes to hell in a handbag due to unrepentant, unapologetic and unchecked Batwanking.

I'd even bet willing to give him another chance on an MOS standalone sequel. But he cannot direct Justice League.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-24-2016 at 05:50 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Wachowski siblings. No I'm serious. Not only are they still amazing visual stylists and action choreographers, Jupiter Ascending and Sense8 have demonstrated they can do colour and sunlight! Plus Cloud Atlas and Sense8 have this kind of optimistic humanist philosophy that would be the perfect fit for the DCU.

A year ago I would have said Brad Bird, but after Tomorrowland, I worry that he's some kind of crypto-Objectivist like Zack Snyder is.

You know what screw George Miller. I know that would be the first name brought up and it just make me mad. Everyone keeps jerking off over Fury Road when the movie had pretty much ZERO plot. It was drive here turn around and drive back with a shitton of car crashes inbetween. That was the whole movie!!!! It had a thinner plot than Avatar for gods sake. It was all spectacle which is not much different than what Snyder does only Miller does practical effects while Snyder use CG.
    More plot =/= more stuff happening.

Fury Road's plot was all about the character arc and themes. There wasn't any need for a more elaborate plot when your story is so tight and well drawn.

BANNED

Plot doesn`t have to be deconstructed, big or elaborated. It just needs to be well told. And Fury Road is bloody well told. You have at least two entire character arcs in one single feature outside the main character. It`s packed with visual cues, simbology and themes that don`t get in the way of the character arcs, not an easy feat.

Snyder just isnīt the director George Miller is. Miller is a certifiable storyteller.

That being said, I rather he keeps making his Mad babies.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 03-24-2016 at 06:35 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Please don't make Superman evil. That would be awful.
    You know he is going to be Evil Prime. We are getting Darseid Superman.

That'll just about be a wrap for Superman too as far as general audiences are concerned. He won't recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I like Bruce Timm, but don't know much about his track record on live-action properties. Everything I know about is work is related to animation.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Brad Bird did a good job with his first live action flick 'MI4" but Tomorrowland wasn't that good.

I would like to see Ben do it. He has the chops, he has directed some great movies, so yeah. I didn't mind Snyder, so whatever.

BANNED

True but come on don't be surprised. Snyder doesn't get Superman. So making Supes go full genocidal fascist is exactly what I expect. Grim Dark and Plenty of Regret Snyder can direct that.