Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Nighthawk #1

Straight from the pages of SQUADRON SUPREME comes one of the most brutal super heroes of the Marvel Universe. Nighthawk is Chicago's dark protector, dispensing swift, decisive justice to those that truly deserve it. When the city's shadiest power brokers turn up murdered in gristly ways, the apparent work of an inventive serial killer, Nighthawk must ask himself, Does this predator deserve to be caught? Who is the killer? What is he after? What does he want from Nighthawk? To answer these questions, Nighthawk must first look in the mirror.

Full preview here.

Wow, the art is great. Frank Quitely on acid. I may even give this a try despite being so let down with the direction Marvel chose to take the Squadron.

Fantastic Member Iluvitloud1976's Avatar

Yeah I'm definitely keeping an eye on this one. Love this character & loved most of the Max Supreme Power stuff yet haven't yet checked out the new Squadron stuff Marvel's been doing.
    ".......he's wrong, we're not wearing costumes" -Leonardo, 1984

That art is positively horrible/ It looks like art that a sixth grader would draw.
    Please Remain Calm

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

.... when is my boy DARKhawk getting a book again!? ^_^ Anyone? Please??
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

The E For Extinction mini made me like this guy's art.

Now do I really want to read a Nighthawk solo ?

Can't wait to read this, but accidentally smashed my tablet in the night. :'(

This book is gonna be lit. YOU SEE THEM YEEZYS???? The footwear alone is revolutionary. Comic book fashion in the marvel and DC Universes have been outdated for the past 2 decades. This book is IMPORTANT. We need more young artists with a sense of style in the game.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    That art is positively horrible/ It looks like art that a sixth grader would draw.

What school do these talented 6th graders go to because I've seen actual 6th grader art and they wish their stuff looked that good

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Where is that sixth grader at? He or she is better than a lot of the art I have seen claiming to be professional at Marvel & DC as of late.

Was already considering picking this up for the David Walker writing but now I'm sold. Where else am I gonna see my superheros in Yeezys?
    Dept. H, Manifest Destiny, Moon Knight, Nighthawk, Power Man and Iron Fist, Strange Fruit

Can't wait....

Will def check this one out. Doesn't look like they are toning down on the violence.

Not really a fan of ultra-violent characters. But with Walker writing and this great art I am sold.

Invincible Member

I wasn't worried that they'd tone down the violence seeing as Marvel let the SS cut Namor's head off and kick it down the road on panel LOL! I just hope they don't give us more violence but less social implications.