Default Uncanny Inhumans #6 (Spoilers)

This was an action packed issue - so many threads that were spread out in this one and the ending with the Capo showing up! Wow!

Ahura is up to something and looks like he's gonna cause some chaos of his own.

We have the Capo back in action and also causing havoc. I really like Culpepper and Fantomelle and I hope to see them working against Frank. That will be fun. I really hope that the Capo doesn't hurt Frank though cause Frank's my favorite.

Speaking of Frank - turns out Treste who was flirting with Reader in the previous issue is actually one of Auran's twin daughters. Frank catches Reader flirting with her and man did I feel bad for Reader. Also Dante is Frank's partner and I can't wait to see him back in action (he only had a small cameo here but I hope he has bigger part in issue #7)

Black Bolt kicks ass as Black Bolt does.

And Iso uses her powers to out think the Leader and the Mad Thinker.

My favorite panel though is when the new head of Ennilux tries to keep Medusa from leaving and she's all "I can't" as her hair becomes daggers pointed right at the head of Ennilux guy.

Yeah, this was a great issue.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Solid issue. I really liked the visual gag of Black Bolt fighting in the background.

Glad to see Capo is still alive. I think Ennilux will be more interesting if he takes over again and they're bad guys.

Niffleheim

Capo being alive you just know Iso, Reader, Medusa and BB will get the brunt of his rage.

Poor Ahura having dinner alone (with his constructs) while BB is preoccupied.

Loved the story but the art not so much.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    My favorite panel though is when the new head of Ennilux tries to keep Medusa from leaving and she's all "I can't" as her hair becomes daggers pointed right at the head of Ennilux guy.

Med1.jpg
    Yep it was my favorite panel too
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Ahura can't catch a break
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ahura really can't. I feel so bad for the kid and if he goes the way of Maximus I can't say I blame him.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Mighty Member

Poor, Ahura, despite his parents seeing how he could turn out they are still neglecting him. I guess it just shows how hard it is to balance there responsibility as King and Queen and being parents, but if that kid don't connect with someone soon he is going to go down a dark path.

I really like Culpepper and Fantomelle and hope that we will see more of them going forward.

Nice to see that there will be some focus on the relationship between Auran's twin daughters and Frank.
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 03-17-2016 at 09:48 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    This was an action packed issue - so many threads that were spread out in this one and the ending with the Capo showing up! Wow!

Ahura is up to something and looks like he's gonna cause some chaos of his own.

We have the Capo back in action and also causing havoc. I really like Culpepper and Fantomelle and I hope to see them working against Frank. That will be fun. I really hope that the Capo doesn't hurt Frank though cause Frank's my favorite.

Speaking of Frank - turns out Treste who was flirting with Reader in the previous issue is actually one of Auran's twin daughters. Frank catches Reader flirting with her and man did I feel bad for Reader. Also Dante is Frank's partner and I can't wait to see him back in action (he only had a small cameo here but I hope he has bigger part in issue #7)

Black Bolt kicks ass as Black Bolt does.

And Iso uses her powers to out think the Leader and the Mad Thinker.

I pretty much agree with everything here, though I'm sure Ahura isn't gonna cause any problems or anything. I feel for the guy, though, since this was supposed to primarily be a night out with his father, a.k.a, much need father-son bonding, and he's stuck sitting alone with a bunch of fruit.

Speaking of people I feel sorry for, dat poor Reader. :P He just got "Papa Wolfed" by Frank and that could have really gotten ugly. I wonder what Triste wanted from Reader, though? She seemed like she was after something very specific from him.

Frank gets to shine for the first time in a good while, and we see that though its been over 16 months, at the heart of it, he still seems to be adjusting to his overall circumstance. I honestly got the impression from before that he was a bit more excepting of his new status quo and name by this point, but I guess he's still struggling. I like how this issue shows that Frank has difficulties expressing his in-ward, personal feelings and emotions; good character information for both old and new readers alike.

Medusa, Black Bolt, and Iso were awesome, as per usual! No other words needed, really.

And I knew the Capo wasn't dead and that he'd be back somehow. Didn't imagine it'd be quite like that.

Last, but not least, we finally got a Dante appearance after 4 issues and what seems like forever. Granted, it was a cameo, but good to see him regardless and here's hoping we'll get more focus on him soon. Interesting to see that he seems to be working with Frank, though I dunno if it's a permanent thing or if it's like Flint and Naja during the back-up story for issue 1.

Random thing, but is it just me or does Dante's complexion (non-charcoal-ed) look darker than usual? It may be just because we haven't seen him consistently in so long and it may just be the art style, but I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Poor, Ahura, despite his parents seeing how he could turn out they are still neglecting him. I guess it just shows how hard it is to balance there responsibility as King and Queen and being parents, but if that kid don't connect with someone soon he is going to go down a dark path.

I really like Culpepper and Fantomelle and hope that we will see more of them going forward.

Nice to see that there will be some focus on the relationship between Auran's twin daughters and Frank.
    I wanna say that Ahura is going through the ringer for the better in the end. It's too soon to say for sure, but I have hope.

Also, I agree 100% with Auran's daughters getting focus and helping to flesh out Frank. Not only is it good for him, but it's just nice to see that their characters weren't just there for sympathy reasons.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 03-22-2016 at 10:47 PM. Reason: So many typos...

BANNED

Black Bolt walking away with the belt just cracked me up. BB also obviously stands for Big Boss.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Black Bolt walking away with the belt just cracked me up. BB also obviously stands for Big Boss.
    Same. I loved how cheeky he was when doing it, too. :P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    LOL. That was a great scene, even though I'm not used to seeing Black Bolt smiling.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I like the idea that he's enjoying his life of abdication and no longer having the weight of the crown on his head.

BANNED

HOLY... I enjoyed the hell out of this issue! All-New Inhumans #5 & A-Force #3 were good too, but this was exceptionally so, IMO. As Seren artfully pointed out, many divergent plot threads were covered. This provided for a fairly tense pacing, that I felt made the read pretty darn exhilarating. Soule is truly a find, and I hope he continues to work his magic on the Inhumans, for a LONG time to come. I'll be back later to discuss in detail, but am & have been crazy-busy in both my professional & (especially) personal lives, hence the lengthy hiatus from posting here on the boards. I couldn't refrain any longer though, after reading THIS, and felt compelled to quickly share how great I thought it was. So total props to everyone involved with Uncanny Inhumans #6, it was an absolute pleasure to experience!