Page 1 of 76 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Batman V Superman DOJ Disccusion (Spoilers)

Well since no one has made, here is the DOJ thread where we can talk about anything about the movie, mind you there will be spoilers here, since we will discuss the movies' plot and if you haven't seen it yet I suggest you see it and then come here.

Did you go see it?

Ok. So how did you guys like it? For me I'm still processing.

Short take: the first two thirds of the movie is basically a philosophical thriller with superheroes, which somehow works pretty well. Then, the third act sadly breaks down into weightless CGI-punching, which also acts as a blocker for a lot of the interesting ideas toyed with earlier in the movie. All in all, on a first viewing it's somewhere in the C+ category for me.

I liked Affleck, Irons and Eisenberg. Cavill is decent, but doesn't get that much to work with. Gadot is at best adequate, she looks the part but really struggles when she needs to deliver more than a oneliner. I'm OK with Batman killing (the movie even begins to lay the groundwork for an ideological conflict about it, but it's one of many that gets lost in the shuffle towards the end), but now there's suddenly a real need to explain why people like Joker are apparently alive in this world, or why Batman doesn't break Luthor's neck when he "visits" him in prison.

*Wouldn't it have made much more sense to use Mr. Orr (from For Tomorrow and Luthor: Man of Steel) rather than freakin' KGBeast?
    *I liked the subplot with Scoot McNairy's character, and the bombing of Capitol Hill is probably the best scene in the movie.
    *I was afraid I knew too much of story going in just from having seen the trailers, but there is a lot of plot stuff that weren't showed at all. Good work there, I guess.
    *Why does Ma Kent tend a bar in the slums of Metropolis?
    *The tacked on JL-cameos were bad.
    *WB finally got Doomsday and the death of Superman into a movie! It only took them 20 years...
    Last edited by TheNewFiftyForum; 03-24-2016 at 04:03 PM.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    Short take: the first two thirds of the movie is basically a philosophical thriller with superheroes, which somehow works pretty well. Then, the third act sadly breaks down into weightless CGI-punching, which also acts as a blocker for a lot of the interesting ideas toyed with earlier in the movie. All in all, on a first viewing it's somewhere in the C+ category for me.

I liked Affleck, Irons and Eisenberg. Cavill is decent, but doesn't get that much to work with. Gadot is at best adequate, she looks the part but really struggles when she needs to deliver more than a oneliner. I'm OK with Batman killing (the movie even begins to lay the groundwork for an ideological conflict about it, but it's one of many that gets lost in the shuffle towards the end), but now there's suddenly a real need to explain why people like Joker are apparently alive in this world, or why Batman doesn't break Luthor's neck when he "visits" him in prison.

*Wouldn't it have made much more sense to use Mr. Orr (from For Tomorrow and Luthor: Man of Steel) rather than freakin' KGBeast?
    *I liked the subplot with Scoot McNairy's character, and the bombing of Capitol Hill is probably the best scene in the movie.
    *I was afraid I knew too much of story going in just from having seen the trailers, but there is a lot of plot stuff that weren't showed at all. Good work there, I guess.
    *Why does Ma Kent tend a bar in the slums of Metropolis?
    *The tacked on JL-cameos were bad.
    *WB finally got Doomsday and the death of Superman into a movie! It only took them 20 years...
    I feel bad for Cavill, he has so much potential, but the studio continuous to butcher Superman.

But let me tell you it seems Snyder hasn't learn from MOS because the pacing is horrible.

BANNED

Ben Affleck stole the show for me and the tributes to Frank Miller's Batman we're my favorite geek moments.

Fantastic Member

This movie was a love letter to comic fans in my opinions. I absolutely loved it. The audience cheered loudest when Wonder Woman arrived on the scene. The Lasso of truth was amazing. And I especially loved the fact that the whole time I'm watching this, I'm thinking this is exactly how the world would react if Gods in tights arrived. It was a refreshing take in my opinion. Some very pleasant surprises that I didn't see coming. I'll be watching it again. All in I give it an A. I really loved it!

I really didn't like Amy Adams much. Not her, just cause Lois is kind of irksome but Amy Adams did well. I felt that Jesse Eisenberg was miscast, he didn't see as charismatic as Luthor is normally but it's a different universe so w/e. The trinity was cool, the cameos were cool, Laurence Fishburne was cool. Though kind of sick of seeing how many times Martha and Thomas get killed in the movies.

It was entertaining. The battle was cool (you need CGI with godly characters)

I'm okay with Bats killing. He's an older, jaded Bats. So something must have happened.

Funny how Bats first became jaded and now realized hopefulness with the other heroes. Really was surprised how ballsy the ending was I mean it was really ballsy.

What did you guys think about the Batman and Superman fight? Too be honest it felt like Superman was holding back. Which is true since he didn't want to hurt Batman only his help. But he should have ended the battle in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    What did you guys think about the Batman and Superman fight? Too be honest it felt like Superman was holding back. Which is true since he didn't want to hurt Batman only his help. But he should have ended the battle in the beginning.
    That's what it felt like. He was trying to get him to stop to try and work out a way to save Martha Kent. He didn't want to kill but Batman is crazy Miller type of Bats, so he was going to do it after all the damage that Superman caused with Zod.

I just got back from watching it and while I'm sure that some of my enthusiasm is due to that, I really liked the movie. One thing that my family and I talked about were all the "dream/vision" sequences because they didn't seem to serve much purpose. But then I got to thinking a bit more and I keep going back to that Flash vision where he's trying to warn Bruce and it dawned on me that perhaps a great many of those visions (like the desert sequence) were similar messages from the future Justice League attempting to provide Bruce with vital information. Hence the parademons and omega logo foreshadowing Darkseid and that Superman might get pushed over the edge ala "Injustice: Gods Among Us".

I kept looking for Dan Amboyer - the guy everybody said was going to be Hal Jordan - but didn't notice him. Did anyone else?
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    That's what it felt like. He was trying to get him to stop to try and work out a way to save Martha Kent. He didn't want to kill but Batman is crazy Miller type of Bats, so he was going to do it after all the damage that Superman caused with Zod.
    But Supes should have ended the battle in the beginning, not because "Save my mommy" moment.

Quote Originally Posted by mrumsey View Post
    I just got back from watching it and while I'm sure that some of my enthusiasm is due to that, I really liked the movie. One thing that my family and I talked about were all the "dream/vision" sequences because they didn't seem to serve much purpose. But then I got to thinking a bit more and I keep going back to that Flash vision where he's trying to warn Bruce and it dawned on me that perhaps a great many of those visions (like the desert sequence) were similar messages from the future Justice League attempting to provide Bruce with vital information. Hence the parademons and omega logo foreshadowing Darkseid and that Superman might get pushed over the edge ala "Injustice: Gods Among Us".

I kept looking for Dan Amboyer - the guy everybody said was going to be Hal Jordan - but didn't notice him. Did anyone else?
    That is where I'm afraid they are going! That would absolutely be terrible for me!

Flash says, "Listen to me now!" "It's Lois, it's Lois lane!" "She's the key! "Am I to soon?!" (The Flash Screams out in pain) "I'm too soon!" "You were right about him!" "You have always been right about him!" "Fear him!"

Seems to foretelling.

I avoided almost everything before i watched this movie (except trailers). This paid me off because I enjoyed every moment while watching it. The battle between Bat/Supes was awesome, the first going all out war, the second trying to stop him so they can stop Luthor together. There were some parts that felt odd... now I know this movie was chopped a well 30min so I asume several things that werent well adressed in the movie will see light in the extended edition.

I didn't liked when Batman was killing those guys but, as someone stated above, it seems its part of the character development considering that at the end he could have killed and or branded Luthor but he didn't.

All in all... a great movie. One of the best of its kind.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJett View Post
    That is where I'm afraid they are going! That would absolutely be terrible for me!

Flash says, "Listen to me now!" "It's Lois, it's Lois lane!" "She's the key! "Am I to soon?!" (The Flash Screams out in pain) "I'm too soon!" "You were right about him!" "You have always been right about him!" "Fear him!"

Seems to foretelling.
    And that is just awful. Do they really want to bury Superman?? And how about the biggest issued I have....That they killed Superman...ON HIS SECOND MOVIE!!! WHAT THE F*CK?

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I have to agree with most here. I REALLY liked the movie. I am committed to seeing it tomorrow with family so I will go into more detail later,but the critics must have seen a different movie than I saw.Much better than MAN OF STEEL in almost every way. Go see it.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I have to agree with most here. I REALLY liked the movie. I am committed to seeing it tomorrow with family so I will go into more detail later,but the critics must have seen a different movie than I saw.Much better than MAN OF STEEL in almost every way. Go see it.
    No...no...What did Snyder do too you??? XD