Page 56 of 76 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    It's sad to see a person who didn't like the movie come to the thread of the he/she didn't like to tell us why we shouldn't like it.

Not only that, but he/she is also telling us "NO! Don't analyze it. You don't do that. You just take it face value, like I did. It's not MY Supes, or MY Bats, and I hate it....*sniff* I hate it...*cries a bit* Supes! Stop being so sad....wah. Wha...Bats no! Guns are bad! Don't kill! I don't care that you've been at this for 20 years and fee like you've failed, no human emotions, and flaws, for you! Perry is wrong...it's 1938...in my heart!"

In the same post, he says you shouldn't analyze it and then goes on to say the MCU is fun & intelligent. So, 2+2 being 4, as long as you don't analyze the Marvel films then they are intelligent & fun. If you analyze them though, you find out that WS breaks the MCU...better not do that & just enjoy the face-value intelligence.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Thoughts and attendant questions on Kryptonian physiology, the effects of Kryptonite, and some possible inconsistencies:

1. Superman died twice in this film: first, after the nuke hit him while he attempted to carry Doomsday into space, and again after being impaled through the chest by Doomsday's arm spike.

2. The solar energy of the sun revived Superman after the nuke incident in orbit, and if we were seeing what many of us think we were seeing in the final frame of the movie, again after Superman's burial in Smallville.

All of this is consistent with the idea that solar energy can revive dead or moribund Kryptonians.

That raises some questions, however:

1. Why were General Zod and the other Kryptonians slain during MAN OF STEEL not revived?

2. Does this mean that Doomsday can also be revived (though unlike Superman or Zod, Doomsday exploded and possibly disintegrated).

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I think a general answer to all would be the Kryptonians are able to recover from some kinds of mortal injuries but not others.

Not sure if he was technically dead after the nuke or just horribly injured.

Also, would ponder if the sunlight could explain the next resurrection since he is currently not exposed to the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Better yet,how about Lex not know Superman's identity?
    Knowledge is power; Lex will never tell a soul, lest he loses that power. It makes Lex more terrifying, because as long as Lex breathes Superman will forever have to look over his own shoulder...

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Thoughts and attendant questions on Kryptonian physiology, the effects of Kryptonite, and some possible inconsistencies:

1. Superman died twice in this film: first, after the nuke hit him while he attempted to carry Doomsday into space, and again after being impaled through the chest by Doomsday's arm spike.

2. The solar energy of the sun revived Superman after the nuke incident in orbit, and if we were seeing what many of us think we were seeing in the final frame of the movie, again after Superman's burial in Smallville.

All of this is consistent with the idea that solar energy can revive dead or moribund Kryptonians.

1. Why were General Zod and the other Kryptonians slain during MAN OF STEEL not revived?

2. Does this mean that Doomsday can also be revived (though unlike Superman or Zod, Doomsday exploded and possibly disintegrated).

First of all, I just wanted to say I always enjoy your posts. You raise interesting points, you debate well, and you have a knack for keeping a discussion flowing. On to the query...

I don't think Clark was dead in space, just as he wasn't dead in The Dark Knight Returns. I think he was unconscious, and terribly injured (obviously drained), but not dead. The film doesn't make it clear either way though, so I could be wrong. If you look closely though, at his Smallville funeral (during the wake) he is in an open casket in front of the window. It's not terribly bright out, but it's not really cloudy either. I believe this is what has allowed him to heal, because we don't know how long the wake was (a few days? A few hours?). Additionally, being placed in a pine box would potentially allow more sunlight to enter than a coffin would. I think he got just enough sunlight to begin the healing process. As for Zod, perhaps a broken neck is harder to heal than tissue is; or, perhaps the body never saw sunlight again since he died at dusk. No clue about Doomsday, but his body fell next to Supermans, right? I dont't remember it exploding.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    First of all, I just wanted to say I always enjoy your posts. You raise interesting points, you debate well, and you have a knack for keeping a discussion flowing. On to the query...

I don't think Clark was dead in space, just as he wasn't dead in The Dark Knight Returns. I think he was unconscious, and terribly injured (obviously drained), but not dead. The film doesn't make it clear either way though, so I could be wrong. If you look closely though, at his Smallville funeral (during the wake) he is in an open casket in front of the window. It's not terribly bright out, but it's not really cloudy either. I believe this is what has allowed him to heal, because we don't know how long the wake was (a few days? A few hours?). Additionally, being placed in a pine box would potentially allow more sunlight to enter than a coffin would. I think he got just enough sunlight to begin the healing process. As for Zod, perhaps a broken neck is harder to heal than tissue is; or, perhaps the body never saw sunlight again since he died at dusk. No clue about Doomsday, but his body fell next to Supermans, right? I dont't remember it exploding.
    You could also argue Doomsday couldn't come back because he wasn't fully Kryptonian.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

General Zod was the only slain Kryptonian in MoS if I remember right. The rest were sucked into the Phantom Zone.

Like someone pointed out, Doomsday is a hybrid between Zod and Luthor's dna. The latter may offset any regenerative traits.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Finally saw it. Wonderful! Exactly what I was expecting. Sure, there's darkness, but it was hard to miss that big ray of sunshine at the end.

Can't wait for the rest of the DCEU!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    You could also argue Doomsday couldn't come back because he wasn't fully Kryptonian.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Finally saw it. Wonderful! Exactly what I was expecting. Sure, there's darkness, but it was hard to miss that big ray of sunshine at the end.

What an experience, huh? I'm with you.

Also since Superman has the Codex in him I'm pretty such that's going to play into his resurrection.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

What an experience, huh? I'm with you.
    Yeah, definitely glad I went.

Also, now that I think about it, I don't understand the editing criticisms. I had zero problems following the story from beginning to end. I even tried my best to find something to complain about, but to no avail. Not that I'm saying it deserves an Oscar for editing, mind you, but I didn't see the mess I heard about in the reviews.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

Also since Superman has the Codex in him I'm pretty such that's going to play into his resurrection.
    hey, that's a good point. (although i'll have to re-watch man of steel again)

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post

Pistols at dawn, DD.

I'm curious about your thoughts on Batman murdering so many people though.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Thank you. Because it's neither ethical nor practicable to force others to do what they don't want to, I can only do as Gandhi famously advised: be the change I wish to see.

No clue about Doomsday, but his body fell next to Supermans, right? I dont't remember it exploding.
    Come to think of it, you're right. There was a hellacious explosion when Doomsday fell, but it didn't fragment or disintegrate him. He left behind a more-or-less intact corpse.

I'd forgotten that; that might be the key to his revival...perhaps even the key to his liberation if the prophesied possession by Darkseid comes to pass.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Colonel Al Simmons View Post
    Argh, but these are the inconsistencies Zack left us with the movie. We know Batman has fought off other foes than the thugs in the movie. We know that Batman has become more ruthless over the years. So aren't we allowed to assume that others have begged for their lives before he killed them?

He does need to know the significance of this woman if we are to believe that he's an unhinged shell of his former self.
    What movie were you watching? Batman branded a guy and left him for the police. He didn't kill him. He returned fire on people firing at him and things exploded and perps died. There isn't a single instance in this movie where Batman is going for the kill. It's all incidental.

Guy has grenade. Batman kicks it out of his hand. Guy runs to get grenade. Grendae detonates.

That doesn't make Batman a killer. Even with K.G. Beast, Batman fired at his tank. It was the Beast who decided to fire the gun and blow himself up. Batman didn't kill him.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!