Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26667273747576
Results 1,126 to 1,135 of 1135
    Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ekrolo2 View Post
    The problem is Lois just knows Doomsday is Kryptonian and knows they need the spear. Unless there's a scene or line where she's specifically aware Lex has all this at his disposal to make an educated guess out of, there should've been a scene where Alfred calls her and tells her to go for the spear with Batman relying this to the others.
    What difference would it make if she knew he was Kryptonian? She knows Batman, who has proven to be a pretty smart dude, thought it could kill Superman. If you saw what seemed to be an unstoppable beast wouldn't you then think that maybe a weapon that could kill Superman might be helpful? Evidently they did need a bridging scene though because a lot of people seem to think this was a plot hole. I think it was unnecessary

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Lois Lane, in this movie series, has witnessed and experienced various aspects of advanced Kryptonian technology...more so than any other native Terran (including Lex Luthor). It wouldn't surprise me if she did recognize Doomsday as a product of Kryptonian technology.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Lois Lane, in this movie series, has witnessed and experienced various aspects of advanced Kryptonian technology...more so than any other native Terran (including Lex Luthor). It wouldn't surprise me if she did recognize Doomsday as a product of Kryptonian technology.

Maybe. But as I said above, I don't really think it matters. She knows it's a powerful weapon and instead of twiddling her thumbs she decides to go get it. I don't think it takes many mental leaps to see how that makes sense

i didn't mind Lois was the one who went after the spear but purely from storytelling perspective it kinda made her look dumb, it should've been Bruce that thrown it into the water. at least that's what i felt. but i don't consider that as a plot hole.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Did you miss the part where he specifically tells Clark that he's led him back to an abandoned area of town? They made a major point of it, and possibly with awkward dialogue, to make it clear that the warehouse and chemical plant are abandoned
    No before that hes in the batwing and clearly says to Alfred "Im gonna lead it back to the city". He had no way of knowing the area was abandoned and for all he knew he was leading Doomsday back into a heavily populated area

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    No before that hes in the batwing and clearly says to Alfred "Im gonna lead it back to the city". He had no way of knowing the area was abandoned and for all he knew he was leading Doomsday back into a heavily populated area
    He blatantly calls that portion of the city abandoned when Wonder Woman asks him why would he bring Doomsday back there, y'know, the same part of the city where he organized an entire fight with Superman? Despite his playing loose with the rules, Batman never hurts or kills anyone who he isn't certain of deserves it in his eyes (until Superman proves himself a far better person than he gave him credit for). He wouldn't organize a fight with anyone, let alone powerhouses like Doomsday or Superman if he didn't know they there'd be no risk of civilian casualties. Considering the fact Batman had time to setup several turrets into the ground that fire sonic blasts and have mini guns on them, when he says no ones in the port of Gotham, I'll take his word for it since he clearly did his research.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ekrolo2 View Post
    He blatantly calls that portion of the city abandoned when Wonder Woman asks him why would he bring Doomsday back there, y'know, the same part of the city where he organized an entire fight with Superman? Despite his playing loose with the rules, Batman never hurts or kills anyone who he isn't certain of deserves it in his eyes (until Superman proves himself a far better person than he gave him credit for). He wouldn't organize a fight with anyone, let alone powerhouses like Doomsday or Superman if he didn't know they there'd be no risk of civilian casualties. Considering the fact Batman had time to setup several turrets into the ground that fire sonic blasts and have mini guns on them, when he says no ones in the port of Gotham, I'll take his word for it since he clearly did his research.
    Right & the fact we actually see no people too. Plus The spear was in that part of Gotham. Batman's intention was to always bring Doomsday there not to a heavy populated area.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Since he had arranged to fight Superman there, and flatly stated the area was abandoned when Diana asked 'why here?', I'd say he was pretty sure any collateral casualties would be low.

Actually, notice how the movie goes out of it's way to point out how empty the area's Doomsday is in are.
    Top of Lex Corp: "thank god, most of the downtown area is empty this time of day"
    Strikers Island: "Strikers Island, thats deserted."
    Harbor: "this part of the harbor is abandoned."

that is pretty certainly a response to the outcry regarding MoS's thousands of dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

I'd say she wouldn't even need that, since her knowledge of the metahuman world is almost non-existent beyond Superman (as far as we have been told atleast). She could just draw the rational conclusion that any monster that suddenly appears out of the bowles of the scout-ship would be of Kryptonian origins, because... where else was it supposed to have come from?

BANNED

This bothered me. Batman easily beats up two dozen men who are armed with automatic weapons and were laying for him. His magic Batarangs helped, but come on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyVPh3Usrho

BANNED

I watched the Ultimate Cut the other day. I went from a, 'Meh', to 'This is a way better movie'.

Still, three fraking hours seems an unnecessary slog.

There's still plenty of bits and bobs that irk me (Bat's complaining about a murderous and potentially genocidal Superman while racking up a pretty decent body count himself) but on the whole it makes for a far smoother viewing experience.

One thing that I still find almost unforgivable is having Luthor threaten a gun to the guy who's whole schtick is 'faster than a speeding bullet'.

I mean, people are being paid a fortune to write that crap.....