Page 14 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

I thoroughly loved this movie!

One question: At the funeral, why did that one jet deviate upwards away from the others? Is that normal for a funeral fly over?

I don't know about this one. There was things I liked, like Affleck as Batman, Irons as Alfered, and Superman's character arc, but at the same time the story and movie as a whole left me hollow and rather disappointed.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-25-2016 at 03:56 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I know it sucks but that's how this DCEU is. I wouldn't be surprised if Dick is the dead Robin to throw on more insult to injury.
    Thing is, as much as I would dislike it, I can see the logic in having Dick be dead. It would add more of an emotional punch to the fans, and at least the tragedy there has a sense of gravitas.

The Jimmy thing was just unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Thing is, as much as I would dislike it, I can see the logic in having Dick be dead. It would add more of an emotional punch to the fans, and at least the tragedy there has a sense of gravitas.

The Jimmy thing was just unnecessary.
    If Batman kills...why is the Joker still alive?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    If Batman kills...why is the Joker still alive?
    Who knows. I'm not ready to label that particular thing a flaw until I see Suicide Squad and see if they elaborate.

Maybe Bruce has even tried before...

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Who knows. I'm not ready to label that particular thing a flaw until I see Suicide Squad and see if they elaborate.

Maybe Bruce has even tried before...
    If not...he is a goddamn hypocrite.

can someone explain the Pa Kent scene to me?

Didn't seem like a dream sequence
    The J-man

It's meant to be Clark coming to terms with his place in the world, but it was pretty goofy.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

That was metaphorical heaven and Clark remembering something his father said

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    If not...he is a goddamn hypocrite.
    Come on. Those people practically jumped out in front of his Batmobile. It was a total accident. XD

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

That's another one of those moments when I thought to myself "I can't explain it but I'll roll with it."

I wonder if the extra 30 minutes will have some Jenna Malone in it. I was hurt that we weren't going to get Carrie Kelly but I guess it wouldn't make sense to have a sidekick in this world.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

I loved the Martha scene. It was a great Superman and Batman moment. Batman was there about to kill him and instead of Superman asking for mercy he is more concerned for his Mother. Batman at the moment realised that there was some humanity in this alien who was bad mouthing throughout. The whole Martha name was for added poignancy, Clarke knew Bruce was Batman so can assume he did research. It was probably the best character driven scene in the movie and shows what a good film this could have been if they had a clear focus.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    That's another one of those moments when I thought to myself "I can't explain it but I'll roll with it."

I wonder if the extra 30 minutes will have some Jenna Malone in it. I was hurt that we weren't going to get Carrie Kelly but I guess it wouldn't make sense to have a sidekick in this world.
    It was just a daydream imagining something his father did or would say to him. It was set at the "top of the world" that was a metaphor for heaven. Like all of the dream sequences it was confusing and unneccessary. I can imagine anyone who didn't see MoS saying WTF?

Exactly. I've been trying to tell people that it was a lot more deep than just their mothers had the same name. It showed he wasn't a cold alien there to kill them all eventually. It also took Bruce back to his own parents death and whether this is what they would want him to be

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    I loved the Martha scene. It was a great Superman and Batman moment. Batman was there about to kill him and instead of Superman asking for mercy he is more concerned for his Mother. Batman at the moment realised that there was some humanity in this alien who was bad mouthing throughout. The whole Martha name was for added poignancy, Clarke knew Bruce was Batman so can assume he did research. It was probably the best character driven scene in the movie and shows what a good film this could have been if they had a clear focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post

Well...Batman did have a sidekick in this world. He's just dead apparently .