Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    And that is just awful. Do they really want to bury Superman?? And how about the biggest issued I have....That they killed Superman...ON HIS SECOND MOVIE!!! WHAT THE F*CK?
    I thought it was pretty balsy. It wasn't the conventional ending you would have expected. Plus Warners has been wanting to do the Death of Superman on the big screen since 1994. Concidering the other ways that could have gone down in other projects (looking at you Nick Cage and Tim Burton), I think it was handled well. The Superman vs Doomsday story would NOT work as it's own movie. Used as a catalyst for the formation of the JLA? I dig it.

When Superman died in the film, you could feel the shock in the audience. I looked to my left and there was a couple people tearing up, and a few hushed "No!" and "holy ****, they killed him!". You could feel people were moved by it. We all got a chuckle though from some older african American lady in the front row yelled "Come on now, Get out of that casket Superman!!!!" just prior to the last shot.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Half of the audience clapped when it was over. Critics might hate it, but in my little corner of the world the people who saw it really liked it, including me. This was a superhero movie that explored what if this was all real way beyond what any other superhero flick has done. I'll start with the cons:

Cons:

(1) This was a bit of a Crazy Quilt of really cool scenes and good ideas that didn't get sewn together just perfectly. There needed to be some cuts (get rid of the Holly Hunter subplot for instance... she could have been a nameless, faceless Senator) and more transition added in its place (like having Luthor make it clear to someone he was setting Superman up).

(2) Holy dream sequences, Batman. Audiences are ok if you do that once, but 3 times is just too much and confusing. A couple of those should have been cut.

(3) Which leads me to no post-credit scenes. The JL Easter Eggs and the Parademon dream should have been post-credit scenes.

(4) Jesse Eisenberg was miscast. I get they were trying to make him like Elon Musk with a lot of crazy...but IMHO Luthor needed more gravitas.

Positives:

(1) The way Snyder shows superhero physics is amazing. The movie looked incredible, the CGI looked incredible and the choreography was great. It was like living in a comic book

(2) Affleck as Batman. I think that film gets fast-tracked. He was the best Batman to date IMHO. Cavill, Gadot, Irons, Fishbone, Adams were all solid - pretty good acting throughout

(3) Awesome introduction to Wonder Woman. That movie is going to be huge

(4) Realism - this movie cuts to the core of what if this all was real

All in all, so much better than I was expecting after reading the doom and gloom. Walking into the theatre I was pretty convinced that Snyder would be done on these properties. Now I think that would be a shame. However, he HAS to get a screenwriter who will reign in the sub-plots and tell a flowing, cohesive story
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 03-24-2016 at 07:57 PM.

No...no...What did Snyder do too you??? XD
    He only bought me a lamborgini!!! XD

Seriously, I liked it. Sue me. It's not the disaster some are making out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Half of the audience clapped when it was over. Critics might hate it, but in my little corner of the world the people who saw it really liked it, including me. This was a superhero movie that explored what if this was all real way beyond what any other superhero flick has done. I'll start with the cons:

(1) This was a bit of a Crazy Quilt of really cool scenes and good ideas that didn't get sewn together just perfectly. There needed to be some cuts (get rid of the Holly Hunter subplot for instance... she could have been a nameless, faceless Senator) and more transition added in its place (like having Luthor make it clear to someone he was setting Superman up).

(2) Holy dream sequences, Batman. Audiences are ok if you do that once, but 3 times is just too much and confusing. A couple of those should have been cut.

(3) Which leads me to no post-credit scenes. The JL Easter Eggs and the Parademon dream should have been post-credit scenes.

(4) Jesse Eisenberg was miscast. I get they were trying to make him like Elon Musk with a lot of crazy...but IMHO Luthor needed more gravitas.

Positives:

(1) The way Snyder shows superhero physics is amazing. The movie looked incredible, the CGI looked incredible and the choreography was great. It was like living in a comic book

(2) Affleck as Batman. I think that film gets fast-tracked. He was the best Batman to date IMHO. Cavill, Gadot, Irons, Fishbone, Adams were all solid - pretty good acting throughout

All in all, so much better than I was expecting after reading the doom and gloom. Walking into the theatre I was pretty convinced that Snyder would be done on these properties. Now I think that would be a shame. However, he HAS to get a screenwriter who will reign in the sub-plots and tell a flowing, cohesive story
    Damn I wish we had a like button!!!!

My feelings are pretty much yours, however I actually liked Eisenberg as Luthor. He's unlike any version we've seen yet. If I had to compare him to any previous comics version, it would be the one from BIRTHRIGHT, with small touch of Lex Luthor:MAN OF STEEL's Lex. I still think Rosenbaum and Shea where better Lex's,but he was interesting. I DID like the fact he was more mad scientist than business tycoon. We've never really seen that from Lex in live action.

That might have been the most comic-booky movie I've ever seen, down to the "to be continued" ending.

The death was an interesting choice, especially after the complaints about the grimness of MoS. It was like a kryptonite-tipped stake in the ground. The audience I saw it with sat through the credits in what seemed like stunned silence, desperately hoping for a Marvel post-credit scene to put things back in proper order. Almost no one moved. I have to admit, I was shocked. It was a daring choice to launch the DC movie universe on. I suspect the average moviegoer won't like it, so I applaud the guts it took but question the business acumen.

Ben Affleck was great, and watching his Batman fight was amazing. The first real live-action Batman, even if he was absolutely nuts, which I kind of enjoyed. Jeremy Irons was great too. They'd do well to fast-track a Batfleck movie.

I thought they could have tightened up Bruce's story arc. I liked that he'd almost lost himself in his war on crime, but they could have better handled his redemption in the big fight with Superman. He should have more clearly realized his parents wouldn't have wanted their deaths to turn him into a killer. Instead, he's mowing people down in the very next scene. I guess Supes was lucky their mothers shared a name.

Loved seeing the long list of comic creators credited at the end, though I think they spelled Tom Grummett's name wrong.

Really enjoyed it. I was worried that I wouldn't because it would to crowded attempting to set up the Justice League, but most of that was relegated to a lame Easter Egg. Seemed forced in and unnessicary and I'm not sold on Ezra Miller with his manbun and beard as Barry Allen.

Ben Affleck as Batman is awesome. They need to get that in the works ASAP!

Though Amy Adams did fine as Lois Lane, the character herself was forced into the movie unnessicarily and didn't need to be in either fight seen.

Doomsday fight was dissapointing. Him emitting EMP/ nuke blasts didn't add to the fight and actually took away from it in my opinion.

Didn't think I would like Eisenburg as Lex one bit, but was presently surprised.

Superman dying was fine, but the "here's the ring Lois, he was going to marry you" was cliche.

And that is just awful. Do they really want to bury Superman?? And how about the biggest issued I have....That they killed Superman...ON HIS SECOND MOVIE!!! WHAT THE F*CK?
    Dude he's coming back.

The people around me were crying when he died (I was a bit teary eyed too). It's about the most emotional scene in a CBM.

You expect Superman to come back in the next scene - but they didn't do that (Ballsy!).

And right before the credits, you see the dirt moving a bit

This is a Superman movie - a superman story. And in many scenes, an episode of a big story.

I totally get why Snyder and the others described this as one big story (and why Terrio described MOS-BvS-JL as a trilogy). Superman has grown, not perfect, but he has grown for sure.

And you can bet that not a lot of people would actually be questioning him now, in universe (it makes the most logical sense anyways - No speech from Supes is going to move people as his death, his sacrifice for the world he loved).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Didn't think I would like Eisenburg as Lex one bit, but was presently surprised.

Superman dying was fine, but the "here's the ring Lois, he was going to marry you" was cliche.
    Yeah, Luthor was much more interesting than I expected. Way better than Kevin Spacey, who I would have thought would be an ideal Luthor.

The whole relationship with Lois was rushed. That was my biggest complaint about the movie: It's like they were doing shorthand to catch up with Marvel. Too many ingredients thrown into the pot all at once. I enjoyed the video footage of the metahumans, but could it have been more awkwardly shoehorned in? We've finally made it to the fight you've been waiting for ... right after these messages about our upcoming films!

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    That might have been the most comic-booky movie I've ever seen, down to the "to be continued" ending.

The death was an interesting choice, especially after the complaints about the grimness of MoS. It was like a kryptonite-tipped stake in the ground. The audience I saw it with sat through the credits in what seemed like stunned silence, desperately hoping for a Marvel post-credit scene to put things back in proper order. Almost no one moved. I have to admit, I was shocked. It was a daring choice to launch the DC movie universe on. I suspect the average moviegoer won't like it, so I applaud the guts it took but question the business acumen.

Ben Affleck was great, and watching his Batman fight was amazing. The first real live-action Batman, even if he was absolutely nuts, which I kind of enjoyed. Jeremy Irons was great too. They'd do well to fast-track a Batfleck movie.

I thought they could have tightened up Bruce's story arc. I liked that he'd almost lost himself in his war on crime, but they could have better handled his redemption in the big fight with Superman. He should have more clearly realized his parents wouldn't have wanted their deaths to turn him into a killer. Instead, he's mowing people down in the very next scene. I guess Supes was lucky their mothers shared a name.

Loved seeing the long list of comic creators credited at the end, though I think they spelled Tom Grummett's name wrong.
    Really? People were crying when he died (I did too; the most emotional scene I have seen in a CBM)..and waiting for something to happen.

But, they caught on the soil moving, right before the credits...oh, and the applause came for sure

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post

Cons:

Positives:

Hmm, Holly Hunter - I agree. Don't think it was necessary to get a great actress such as her for such a small role.

I think those would have been confusing anyways (Without some additional context, as fans would have). But, it might have worked better at the end.

(Although to be fair, it would totally ruin the emotional ending).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Really? People were crying when he died (I did too; the most emotional scene I have seen in a CBM)..and waiting for something to happen.

But, they caught on the soil moving, right before the credits...oh, and the applause came for sure
    I would guess we read into the reaction what we were feeling at the time, so take my assessment for what it's worth. I was pretty dumbstruck, rather than upset. But I was surprised that almost no one left, and there was very little movement. It certainly didn't feel like the credit lull of your typical Marvel movie.

My audience seemed pretty divided. A few folks clapped, but there were some really negative comments afterward.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

I just came back from watching it....pretty freaking awesome, but it has it's flaws. My score is 7-7.5/10.

I know people think the title fight was too short, but it made sense. Bruce can't hope to fight Superman for any long period of time; you could tell he was getting tired.

My god....the best Batman, but not just that....this dude is scary as hell! The first Batman scene was insane!

I loved how he was up in the corner of the room. He really did seem like a demon!

WOW. I saw the Movie......My eye was bulging after. Such a good movie, epic, Gal was amazing, Henry's good, Ben's AWESOME, Hans and Junkie did their thing.......BUT SNYDER NEEDS TO GO. It wasn't perfect but Snyder needs to be put on a leash or co-director. He does not give a F&^k about Superman. I've been defending this guy for three years....but he is SO WORNG for DC's heroes. This is not Watchmen. DCEU can still be salvaged but it needs to be a bit retooled. Keep the actors and the directors, let Geoff Johns have a bigger role, have it lighter in tone not like Marvel more like Young Justice. I swear to you all, Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman will save this franchise, but Snyder needs to go. I'm sadly feeling fatigue with Superheroes. I am not psyched for Civil War except Black Panther and Lizzie Olsen.