Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I thought it was pretty balsy. It wasn't the conventional ending you would have expected. Plus Warners has been wanting to do the Death of Superman on the big screen since 1994. Concidering the other ways that could have gone down in other projects (looking at you Nick Cage and Tim Burton), I think it was handled well. The Superman vs Doomsday story would NOT work as it's own movie. Used as a catalyst for the formation of the JLA? I dig it.

When Superman died in the film, you could feel the shock in the audience. I looked to my left and there was a couple people tearing up, and a few hushed "No!" and "holy ****, they killed him!". You could feel people were moved by it. We all got a chuckle though from some older african American lady in the front row yelled "Come on now, Get out of that casket Superman!!!!" just prior to the last shot.
    People felt bad? Over here some people chuckle about it cause Superman looked funny after he died. I thought it wasn't that well done. Because there was no build up and Superman was heavily underdeveloped.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Dude he's coming back.

The people around me were crying when he died (I was a bit teary eyed too). It's about the most emotional scene in a CBM.

You expect Superman to come back in the next scene - but they didn't do that (Ballsy!).

And right before the credits, you see the dirt moving a bit

This is a Superman movie - a superman story. And in many scenes, an episode of a big story.

I totally get why Snyder and the others described this as one big story (and why Terrio described MOS-BvS-JL as a trilogy). Superman has grown, not perfect, but he has grown for sure.

And you can bet that not a lot of people would actually be questioning him now, in universe (it makes the most logical sense anyways - No speech from Supes is going to move people as his death, his sacrifice for the world he loved).

Thanks for posting here. But I don't know man. It didn't sit tight with me. But I am glad you like it, but Superman felt underdeveloped.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    People felt bad? Over here some people chuckle about it cause Superman looked funny after he died. I thought it wasn't that well done. Because there was no build up and Superman was heavily underdeveloped.
    It was better than how Pietro died in AoU. I highly doubt they are gonna mention it in Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandacrystal22 View Post
    It was better than how Pietro died in AoU. I highly doubt they are gonna mention it in Civil War.
    I don't know. Yeah Pietro is forgotten, but this is Superman. I felt, at least were I was, the audience didn't care.

I truly do not understand the hate on this movie....

What exactly did people expect? The beginning was choppy, I agree it felt that there were it's chopped out but still what did people want?

I refuse to make a huge deal.about batman killing ( I did NOT like that he did so but I won't review the movie on that).... Batman killed people in Batman Returns. Batman allowed raz to die in Batman Begins. Batman even told Joker that he would kill him in *Batman*. )

This movie addressed the complaints over man of steel. The Montage of sups saving ppl was a nice bit of character development imo.

Was the movie dark? Sure... it was a movie by Zack Snyder based on the work of Frank miller... if it being dark was a suprise you must have been living under a rock. Dark doesn't equate with bad as far as I am concerned. Gritty? Yep, fine by me. There were a few humorous scenes. Could there have been more? Yes. Should they have just added them for no reason? No.

I never laughed during ANY of the Nolan films or the Burton films and it dint prevent me from.enjoying them any less.

I pretty much knew how the movie would go and still had my blood pumping and adrenaline going as the fight with batman finished up and the fight with doomsday began. Many in our audience also cried when sups died....showing that the movie succeeded in creating a stronger emotional tie between the audience and superman. Of course all of the action scenes were great. Affleck and Gado were awesome. Cavill? I think compounded on his mos character... any flaws I do not attribute to him but to the script... his musings alwith Lois before the fight with bat struck me as odd. Still, not bad.

I Def thought the video clips for the meta humans were added in very hastily but overall did that 1 minute ruin the movie for me? Nope

This movie succeeded in being a sequel to mos and a bridge to justice league. It established a new Batman, a wonder woman, and a superman that a wider audience will feel more connected to. I'd love to know where it failed....

I say a solid 8/10 ... bring on the justice League
    Current Pull List
    DC: Action Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, TDK Master Race
    Marvel: Thor, Old Man Logan, All New Ghost Rider, Venom

Thanks for posting here. But I don't know man. It didn't sit tight with me. But I am glad you like it, but Superman felt underdeveloped.
    I guess that's fair. But, that was going to happen anyways...since it's a new Batman. We are already used to this Supes. Not, this Bats though.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    I guess that's fair. But, that was going to happen anyways...since it's a new Batman. We are already used to this Supes. Not, this Bats though.
    They still need to flesh out Superman's character more. As he is now p, he is a robot.

They still need to flesh out Superman's character more. As he is now p, he is a robot.
    I wouldn't say he is a robot.... Still questioning his place in the world? Yeah.... but robotic? I am.not sure I got that vibe after the Mos and BVS it seems as tho they've given him too many emotions.... I think maybe it is his oscillation between feelings that bugs ppl
    Current Pull List

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

I think the least adapted character was Lex. I agree that we should've got more Supes, but his arc was good. I think it was supposed to be sad, with his triumphant return in JL. I also loved how people reacted to his death.

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx33 View Post
    I wouldn't say he is a robot.... Still questioning his place in the world? Yeah.... but robotic? I am.not sure I got that vibe after the Mos and BVS it seems as tho they've given him too many emotions.... I think maybe it is his oscillation between feelings that bugs ppl
    I think it will make more sense once you take it as an episode - Superman is still in his journey, to become the most revered Superhero in DCEU. Batman, well he's begun his journey back to a more hopeful, and less jaded hero.

Can't have him do that in 2 years now, can we?

(It would make Batman outright the villain; and this film did at certain portions. But, completely presenting him as the villain would alienate a portion of the fan base).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    I think the least adapted character was Lex. I agree that we should've got more Supes, but his arc was good. I think it was supposed to be sad, with his triumphant return in JL. I also loved how people reacted to his death.
    I'm glad people liked lex but I gotta say I was fully dissapointed in him.... I liked DOJ but lex belongs with the villains.of batman.forever and batman and robin....over the top in.all of the wrong waya
    Current Pull List

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    How did they react in your viewing?

Lex felt like a cross between Riddler and Joker.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx33 View Post
    I'm glad people liked lex but I gotta say I was fully dissapointed in him.... I liked DOJ but lex belongs with the villains.of batman.forever and batman and robin....over the top in.all of the wrong waya
    I like that he's in prison now....that SHOULD change him. He can't come out of prison still acting like that.

The best scenes with him were the scenes when he was alone in the scout ship, and both his scenes with Supes. Otherwise he was just there.

He was the least developed of the main characters tho. Why does he hate Superman? Damn, I really wish that they went with a combination of the Luthor: Man of Steel motivation, with the Darkseid War: Luthor #1 meeting between Lex, and Supes.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

And that is just awful. Do they really want to bury Superman?? And how about the biggest issued I have....That they killed Superman...ON HIS SECOND MOVIE!!! WHAT THE F*CK?
    Don't tell me you don't believe he'll make his triumphant return in the next movie.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014