Page 6 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    so was there even a football game in the film?
    They keep mentioning one but nope.

J-man all I can say is that Geoff Johns is the producer and Chief Creative Consultant. I know the Cyborg fans haven't been happy with how he's portrayed the character. Probably won't be happy with his cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Crap, good eye. I guess Jenny's brother got a bullet.

Really didn't get why SUPERMAN couldn't have gotten there like 20 seconds faster.
    When I first saw him I thought he was Jimmy and stayed through the credits to find out and boy does that suck. Why kill the supporting characters (Jimmy, Mercy) before they can even do anything? I was hoping that that guy would try to shoot Jimmy and Superman would catch the bullet but instead Jimmy caught the bullet with his face.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

The most tragic thing about this film is there are all the makings for a good SUPERMAN film, here. Clark and Lois, the Planet, Superman navigating the political aftermath of MoS. It's all there. Ghost dads and possible Fortresses.

It just got tossed aside needlessly and ultimately detrimentally.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    J-man all I can say is that Geoff Johns is the producer and Chief Creative Consultant. I know the Cyborg fans haven't been happy with how he's portrayed the character. Probably won't be happy with his cameo.
    Cant argue with that.

If you like New52 Cyborg you will like this. If you don't welp then you wont. As noted by Robotman you can tell Johns had influence.

You can see a little bit of it on TV on the Daily Planet. It was ESPN for some reason. lol

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    I don't think Ben wants to do this anymore....
    He'll be fine. He's experienced enough to deal with this stuff. He's probably just tired and this on top just adds stress. He'll press on.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    You can see a little bit of it on TV on the Daily Planet. It was ESPN for some reason. lol
    I think it's clear it was cut out. The headline Perry was talking about (the one with the superstar football player's career ending too early) felt like it came outta no where. They might was well had just released the 3 hour cut, if only to hopefully clean up those terrible cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    He'll be fine. He's experienced enough to deal with this stuff. He's probably just tired and this on top just adds stress. He'll press on.
    That looked like a case of Daredevil/Gili PTSD. Hopefully, the movie he's doing with Johns will help him recover.

I thought it was ridiculous when people were claiming that the trailers showed too much. There's no way a studio and filmmaker would reveal the best parts in the trailers right? Nope. Most of the best lines and reveals were indeed in the trailers. I think the movie would have been so much more enjoyable if the trailers hadn't revealed so much. I would have lost my mind if Doomsday appeared and I wasn't expecting him. Or if I didn't already know that Parademons would appear in the Knightmare sequence.

And the cameos by the other League members were a let down. Aquaman just kind of swam there for a second before breaking the camera, Cyborg is Johns castrated version, and the jury is still out on Ezra as the Flash.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-24-2016 at 11:49 PM.

They should have just let this thing be like 3 and a half hours long so it wouldn't feel so random and all over the place.

So let's talk about some of the scenes that were cut that we definitely know about.

We know there is the mentioned Metropolis vs Gotham football game which was shot very early on filming.

Clark Kent visiting GCPD and possibly meeting Barbara Gordon? Clark says to Perry he thinks the GCPD are working with the Bat. I'm very interested to see this one, we see Bruce doing a fair bit of homework on Superman but we don't get much from Clark on Batman.

Diana in the blue dress leaving a hotel in Gotham. We see her wearing the dress is the surveillance files from Lexcorp, but she was shot leaving a hotel which had GCPD cars parked outside.

Now this one is just a hunch but I think one of the cut subplots involved Lois and her potential death. When Flash appears to Bruce he says something like "Find Lois, she's the key" and within the dream Superman tells Batman "She was my world... and you took her from me" the nightmare is quite possibly a timeline where Bruce decided to kill Clark with the spear and perhaps Lois died instead trying to protect him. This would add some relevance to the nightmare in regards to the overall story, as it is now it disrupts the narrative jarringly and adds nothing to the film, it also would of made Batman changing his mind about Superman a bit more realistic instead of just "Our mums have the same name!" knowing he had seen this scenario before.

Or maybe I'm completely off, who knows. But the extended edition should be interesting regardless.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

I thought it was ridiculous when people were claiming that the trailers showed too much. There's no way a studio and filmmaker would reveal the best parts in the trailers right? Nope. Most of the best lines and reveals were indeed in the trailers. I think the movie would have been so much more enjoyable if the trailers hadn't revealed so much. I would have lost my mind if Doomsday appeared and I wasn't expecting him.

And the cameos by the other League members were a let down. Aquaman just kind of swam there for a second before breaking the camera, Cyborg is Johns castrated version, and the jury is still out on Ezra as the Flash.
    Huh. Well, I liked the fact that Lex was keeping tabs on them. The Aquaman and Flash cameos were natural looking, because they were being spied on, and Aquaman swimming looked awesome. Cyborg cam looked like Lex hacked a camera, or stole the vid somehow. I'm not well versed in Cyborg, but why is a there people that hate on the Mother Box born Cyborg? I honestly think he looks way cooler.

Flashes first cameo was pretty awesome. Loved how he was wearing some sort of armor over his Flash suit.

That said, this movie would've been way better without WW (even tho I liked her), Lex, Doomsday (I loved how scary he was), the DoS story, and the cameos.

I think all the Bruce/Bat scenes, Bat saving Ma Kent fight and the BvS title fight, showed that Zack could've made a pretty good new take on Miller's TDKR....but he had to add all the other stuff, and that he couldn't hold it together well.

A 6.5-7/10 for me, which is okay imo.

Bruce just seemed really unhinged, like he needed a nap and someone to tell him to relax now and then.

Superman was a doormat. It's like they took everyones' criticisms of MoS and decided to just make Superman stand around and be sad all the time like SUPERMAN RETURNS. Seriously, no need for any of that. Would have been nice to see Lois and Clark in a happy and healthy relationship, Superman zooming about helping people, Clark writing good stuff, etc. Then just have that nutcase verison of Batman come in trying to drop his mic for him.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 03-25-2016 at 01:06 AM.

All-New Member

What sucks is there's already talk of this canceling the dc cinematic universe. This movie was decent but the hate it has gotten already and how people are champion in the hate and the actors seeing the hate proves what I've said all along. People want this to fail because of whatever reason be it fan loyalty to marvel, a hatred of more comic movies, a hatred of the superman character, or hatred of Affleck. Saw a good movie that could lead to more good things but all I see from critics and major sources is how this is bad and may ruin the universe...****!

I thought it was ridiculous when people were claiming that the trailers showed too much. There's no way a studio and filmmaker would reveal the best parts in the trailers right? Nope. Most of the best lines and reveals were indeed in the trailers. I think the movie would have been so much more enjoyable if the trailers hadn't revealed so much. I would have lost my mind if Doomsday appeared and I wasn't expecting him. Or if I didn't already know that Parademons would appear in the Knightmare sequence.

The stuff with the other JLers was RIDICULOUS. I'll agree on that. Oy vey, it's like they dropped a couple of trailers mid action scene.