Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Flashpoint Paradox

The Flashpoint Paradox animated movie is the first DC, Warner Brothers animated movie I`ve seen and I thought it was amazing! Which of their animated movies would you recommend and what did you guys think about this one?

This is also the first time I actually loved the Flash.

How about the Flashpoint comics? Are they as good as the movie or better? Would you recommend me getting those and would that be only the tpb Flashpoint?

Seeing this one as a Live action movie would be really cool.

BANNED

The comic storyline is usually better in the comic pages then translated in media. Id reccomend Flashpoint the comic.

If you found Flashpoint the movie great id say the later JL films might be possibly enjoyed by you. Id reccomend stuff like "Superman vs The Elite", Batman Gotham Knights, Batman Under the Red Hood, Green Lantern: First Flight, Wonder Woman, JL Gods and Monsters, Allstar Superman are all personal favorites.

Welcome to CBR by the way nice Avatar.

Fantastic Member

The New DC Animated Movie Universe is really good imo.

the movies are
    1. Justice League: War
    2. Son of Batman
    3. Justice League: Throne of Atlantis
    4. Batman vs. Robin
    5. Batman: Bad Blood

and the upcoming Justice League vs. Teen Titans
    DC: Action Comics, Batman, Batman/Superman, Batman and Robin, Batman Off World, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, JG: Flash, JL vs. Godzilla, JSA, Nightwing, Shazam, Superman, Titans, Beast World

Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Fall of the House of X, Fantastic Four, Resurrection of Magneto, Spectacular Spider-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, WolverineL Madripoor Knights, X-Men

I really enjoyed the Flashpoint Paradox, but have found myself disliking the newer movies. I stick to mainly the "older" animations from a few years ago. Under the Red Hood is pretty popular and I would recommend Justice League: The New Frontier and The Dark Knight Returns Parts 1&2.

Spectacular Member

I watched the Flashpoint Paradox movie for the 1st time on Netflix the other day and also Justice League War. Enjoyed both and saved me $20 on DVDs at Target.

SPOILERS Why isn't Reverse Flash Barry's Mom's killer in the movie like in the comics? And no mention of Barry's Dad in the movie. Man, Flashpoint reality was DARK did not like Wonder Woman and Aquaman going bad. WW killed Mera, Steve Trevor, and Billy Batson alone. Too bad in comics Barry could not return Pre-FP world instead of New 52!

As far as JL War movie it was even better! SPOILERS Liked Shazam's inclusion even though he replaced Aquaman and liked Billy Batson's connection to Cyborg. What was up with Wonder Woman's costume with long blue sleeves and blue cloth that covered her chest? Even 1973 Super Friends WW showed cleavage.

Netflix also has Son of Batman now, hope Throne of Atlantis is added and Superman Unbound and Dark Knight Returns!

I dug the hell out of the Justice League: Gods and Monsters movie so I recommend that. I havent gotten into the newer DC animated universe yet but I'm just waiting for something to stand out.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

One of my favorites that has come out lately was the Batman: Assault on Arkham movie. It is really a Suicide Squad movie with Batman being more of co-star. It features Batman, Harly Quinn, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang, Killer Frost, King Shark, the Riddler, and the Joker among others.

Son of Batman and Batman vs. Robin are not that great to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    One of my favorites that has come out lately was the Batman: Assault on Arkham movie. It is really a Suicide Squad movie with Batman being more of co-star. It features Batman, Harly Quinn, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang, Killer Frost, King Shark, the Riddler, and the Joker among others.
    I loved Assault on Arkham and I've been trying to recommend to people who don't read comics but want to learn more about Suicide Squad.

I remember not being able to enjoy Flashpoint Paradox because of what it would eventually lead to (In comicbook canon-wise at least. I've become okay with New 52 since then) which is kinda hilarious in hindsight.
    Last edited by SneakyLookingSort; 03-25-2016 at 11:09 AM.

Fantastic Member ZoomZolomonZoom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dcdrew View Post
    I watched the Flashpoint Paradox movie for the 1st time on Netflix the other day and also Justice League War. Enjoyed both and saved me $20 on DVDs at Target.

SPOILERS Why isn't Reverse Flash Barry's Mom's killer in the movie like in the comics? And no mention of Barry's Dad in the movie. Man, Flashpoint reality was DARK did not like Wonder Woman and Aquaman going bad. WW killed Mera, Steve Trevor, and Billy Batson alone. Too bad in comics Barry could not return Pre-FP world instead of New 52!

As far as JL War movie it was even better! SPOILERS Liked Shazam's inclusion even though he replaced Aquaman and liked Billy Batson's connection to Cyborg. What was up with Wonder Woman's costume with long blue sleeves and blue cloth that covered her chest? Even 1973 Super Friends WW showed cleavage.

Netflix also has Son of Batman now, hope Throne of Atlantis is added and Superman Unbound and Dark Knight Returns!
    Because that was a terrible idea in the comics and the movie was stronger without it.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, much like the Flashpoint of the comics did to the comics, the Flashpoint of the movies led to an era of severely diminished quality as compared to the previous movies.

I found the animated film better than the comic.. but that's probably because I was never a fan of the comic in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Yeah, much like the Flashpoint of the comics did to the comics, the Flashpoint of the movies led to an era of severely diminished quality as compared to the previous movies.
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Yahtzee!
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    ^this +1

Everything from throne of Atlantis up to Batman:bad blood was downhill quick.

Side note: Superman:Camelot Falls is my choice for next Warner Premier animated DC film.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

I actually think Flashpoint would have been a pretty good event had it not been for didio hijacking it.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

Fantastic Member ZoomZolomonZoom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedWhiteAndBlueSupes View Post
    I actually think Flashpoint would have been a pretty good event had it not been for didio hijacking it.
    Flashpoint in the comics was just a mess all around. The idea behind it was pretty cool. Someone goes back in time and changes something, causing a "time boom" which alters the DC Universe in massive ways. Problem was the catalyst for Flashpoint was moronic, the time travel was laughably inconsistent, the whole story was full of useless characters, plot lines that went nowhere, etc. The movie definitely did a lot of stuff better, while also keeping the actually good ideas largely intact I.E. Thomas Wayne becoming Batman, the Atlantis Themyscira war, etc.