Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    That it's 5 years later?
    Pretty crappy "World Building" when your have to revise things in five years time. There's no way around that.
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeburn View Post
    Pretty crappy "World Building" when your have to revise things in five years time. There's no way around that.
    Or just the state of the modern corporate super-hero environment. See "Secret Wars" for further reference.

BANNED

Or just the state of the modern corporate super-hero environment. See "Secret Wars" for further reference.
    secret wars wasn't a hard reboot, just a new paint on marvel universe

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    secret wars wasn't a hard reboot, just a new paint on marvel universe
    We don't know yet if Rebirth is a "hard reboot" though. I'm still of the opinion that it's not.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Could also be seen as a sign of them panicking. Not saying they are but their critics could say that.
    really seems like DC higher ups panicked with sales and readers ignoring the company

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    We don't know yet if Rebirth is a "hard reboot" though. I'm still of the opinion that it's not.
    Quoted in agreement.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

really seems like DC higher ups panicked with sales and readers ignoring the company
    Could be. I won't say whether or not they are or have since I can't possibly know one way or the other but IMO their critics COULD see it as panicking. Again, I'm not saying they are.

I'm actually super optimistic about this.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Sliding Time vs Superboy Prime Punches/Flashpoint/Anti-Monitor Problems/Countdown/Zero Hour/Poor Sales Creating Rebirth and more changes, changes, changes! isn't the same thing. At all.

You can actually look up and own the comic where Spider-Man met Black Cat. You'd be hard pressed to know when Batman met Catwoman after all these changes.
    Last edited by Ropeburn; 03-25-2016 at 02:09 PM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Yeah, I have to agree that is a distinct possibility.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Sliding Time vs Superboy Prime Punches/Flashpoint/Anti-Monitor Problems/Countdown/Zero Hour/Poor Sales Creating Rebirth and more changes, changes, changes! isn't the same thing. At all.

You can actually look up and own the comic where Spider-Man met Black Cat. You'd be hard pressed to know when Batman met Catwoman after all these changes.
    And if you really need to look up and own the comic where Spider-Man met Black Cat, you're probably not a modern comic book reader, who doesn't give a crap about that stuff, they just want to read new exciting stories.

But hey, if I like Captain America: Civil War, I can just go buy the first issue of Captain America the comics series and start there, right? Oh wait, there's like 7 "Captain America #1s" out there.
    Last edited by GlennSimpson; 03-25-2016 at 02:17 PM.

And if you really need to look up and own the comic where Spider-Man met Black Cat, you're probably not a modern comic book reader, who doesn't give a crap about that stuff, they just want to read new exciting stories.
    Why can't an old story be good? That's like saying "why buy old Trades because it happened in the past?" It would be NEW to me if I haven't read it.

Even if you didn't want to own the comic and were curious, you couldn't even google "when did batman meet catwoman?" Google would ask you which time and which universe?

BANNED

Why can't an old story be good? That's like saying "why buy old Trades because it happened in the past?" It would be NEW to me if I haven't read it.

Even if you didn't want to own the comic and were curious, you couldn't even google "when did batman meet catwoman?" Google would ask you which time and which universe?
    And then you could read them all.

Not that DC needs to care about any of that. Whatever trade is on sale at the book store should be fine.

BANNED

I have to say, even as someone pretty panicked about the end results of Rebirth, I do like what I read in that article. More female creators? Cool. Outside talent? I'm cautiously interested. Returning characters to their most iconic interpretations? Oh hell yeah! It does sound like they're trying to create a quality DCU, and actually care about iconography and history this time. And while I'm sure DC will continue to disappoint me in plenty of ways, I still have some optimism.

BANNED

Not really hard to do. the excuse of having so much baggage is too lame. if this was the case marvel would be screwed up