Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Poll: Have "Batman v Superman's" Reviews Affected Your Desire to See the Film?

Have "Batman v Superman's" Reviews Affected Your Desire to See the Film?

Has the critical response to "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" weighed in on whether you see the movie in theaters?

Vote on the poll here.

No, I still went and saw the film, even though I ended up largely agreeing with the critical review posted on CBR.

All-New Member

I would suggest a fourth choice:

No - I had no intention of seeing this movie to begin with.

For the record, I love both properties, but after "Man of Steel", I've no desire to see a Zack Snyder movie again. I don't post this to start a flame war (but I am wearing asbestos-lined Underoos), but rather to represent those who really don't want to see it.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Comic readers will certainly fund further Snyder films by giving it a shot (if they hate it?...doesn't matter, you paid, and effectively told them you absolutely loved it)
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

People are funding more MCU films when roughly half of them stink. At least with the DCEU, we'll have more choices, especially since my interest in movies featuring mutants and a certain fantastic foursome are nil.

I'm willing to bet Suicide Squad will win many supporters.

Retired

I never had thought of going to see the movie, but the way some have come down on the film shows a side of fandom I don't like. I might go to see the movie, after all, just so I can make up my own mind and I don't have to put up with others forcing their opinions on me. And giving my dollars to send a message that I won't be manipulated by this kind of self-defeating angst. You'd think the film makers had commited a war crime--it's a movie, for crying out loud.

I'll still give it a shot...going tomorrow. But my expectations have been lowered. A lot.

The reviews did affect me. Too many criticisms that I know I would agree with, and since I was lukewarm on Man of Steel, I decided it'd be best to skip this one (or see it later in its run at a dollar theater). If I ended up hating it, I would want to walk out and that might ruin someone else's experience if I saw it early in its run while the crowds are still there.

Fantastic Member

Where is the "I'll see it. I always anticipated that it would be a trainwreck." option?
    TeekVids <-- Check out the news every Sunday

I had low expectations to begin with. The reviews seem to confirm my fears. I will see it eventually. Maybe on DVD. Snyder/Goyer (and Singer) keep putting out such crap. Why?
    Maybe WB should let Marvel make the DC movies.

No. Saw it last night. Seeing it again today. I like to make up my own mind about things.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Mighty Member

Unfortunately, the option Yes- But I already bought tickets or at least Yes-But I will still see it are missing, so not a good poll, guys!

BANNED

No, because ever since they announced that Snyder was attached to it, I decided to skip it until I can watch it on Netflix. DC fans will stand up for it because they are just happy that it got made but the reality is that Snyder is not the guy you should have gone to after seeing what Marvel has done with their films.

They cast Gal Gadot, an Israeli actress who is 5'10 and weighs 128 lbs. to play Wonder Woman who is a grown woman. Plus, she can't even speak english right.

Henry Cavill, who has said that what matters is the fan reviews. Well someone wake him up and tell him that fans left and right consider him a bad superman!

Ugh, Civil War will make sure that everyone forgets this movie and continue to show DC that you need substance in movies not just CGI.

Hey Admin, next time you edit my post at least make sure that it makes sense. The way you left it doesn't and all because I mentioned her breast size?
    Last edited by zuperkrypto; 03-26-2016 at 12:24 AM.

Incredible Member

I was already waiting for home video, this has killed what little interest I still had.

BANNED

What choices?