Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I'll buy it. Dropping Uncanny Avengers for Death of X

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Oh, Marvel! They're already dead!
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2009
    --- the best there is at what I do ---

BANNED

A couple of people on a DC thread suggested that they should stick Kon El Superboy on the bench for a few years, until writers know what to do with his character. Maybe that's what Marvel should do with every single one of the X-Men. Wipe them from existence and then bring them back with a fresh start after some time.

If Marvel still needs to publish at least one X-book, the exception could be the All New X-Men or Old Man Logan since they're out of place to begin with, and wouldn't need to be affected by the Death of X. Also, I still really want a good ANXM series, & it might work better without any other X-Men around except the original 5.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I'll buy it. Dropping Uncanny Avengers for Death of X
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Quote Originally Posted by adameastment View Post
    Personally I think it's going to be the event detailing Cyclops' "death" and possibly rebirth?

From what I remember, he gained a Phoenix Egg in the Last Days of Avengers, the entirety of Secret Wars was basically retconned with some changes to continuity does that mean he still had the Phoenix egg post Secret Wars? Or was the reset before the first Incursion?

Either way, I think the X-Men as a franchise are safe and this is going to be more of a metaphorical "Death".
    Seems like it was just before the first incursion - since BP returned to a world where the wakandian youngsters that he was training as the future of their country, wasn't killed. Ergo, before the Incursion.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    A couple of people on a DC thread suggested that they should stick Kon El Superboy on the bench for a few years, until writers know what to do with his character. Maybe that's what Marvel should do with every single one of the X-Men. Wipe them from existence and then bring them back with a fresh start after some time.

If Marvel still needs to publish at least one X-book, the exception could be the All New X-Men or Old Man Logan since they're out of place to begin with, and wouldn't need to be affected by the Death of X. Also, I still really want a good ANXM series, & it might work better without any other X-Men around except the original 5.
    I hope your views are in the extreme minority. And marvel is NOT listening.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

No... That's not a good option especially that the X-men books are still selling well.

Lol. Just take it to a new world already. Spare us the headache.

Who knows though, they've been teasing Cyclops fate for the past year. Maybe this is the reveal with a splash of trolling.
    Last edited by silence.; 03-25-2016 at 08:14 PM.

Fantastic Member

Just imagine, a crazed Cyclops or other character returns and tarnishes the X-Men's reputation such that "death" is effectively brought to the X-Men as a concept, and they disband with a few remaining characters scattering to other titles in hopes of redemption. Future incarnations calling themselves the X-Men appear as a supervillain team. Heck, make it the new mission statement going forward for an X-book! Actually sounds kind of neat to me, admittedly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I hope your views are in the extreme minority. And marvel is NOT listening.
    Look, I'm a huge X-Men fan. I realize that my post came off as a bit harsh, but that wasn't my intention, and I really do want what's best for the team (teams). I genuinely feel like, once the current story arcs are finished, the X-books could use a break (with 1 or 2 exceptions) while the writers figure out what to do with them.

But like you said, I'm probably in the minority. And it's probably just going to be a few character deaths at the most.

Look, I'm a huge X-Men fan. I realize that my post came off as a bit harsh, but that wasn't my intention, and I really do want what's best for the team (teams). I genuinely feel like, once the current story arcs are finished, the X-books could use a break (with 1 or 2 exceptions) while the writers figure out what to do with them.

But like you said, I'm probably in the minority. And it's probably just going to be a few character deaths at the most.
    Writers and editors decide what to do with characters all the time at retreats or just over skype without having to stop publishing the current books. Does a... rebirth have to include a hiatus for the characters or the current books? No. It certainly hasn't happened with any of the rebrandings so far except for Secret Wars... and even then there were half a dozen entertaining X-books taking place on Battleworld.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Ugh if they are teasing the death of another major X-Man or something of that matter, I am out fast. Nobody has time for these cheap deaths.

I agree with everyone else that an explanation to how and why Cyclops died would work as a good mini. Hasn't Marvel learned from the godawful X3 that you can't kill Cyclops off screen without some major controversy?

Quote Originally Posted by Xofer View Post

Are you sure you're using that word correctly?
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Hopefully it's whatever happened between Cyclops and the Inhumans.
    Really interested in seeing what all went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Ugh if they are teasing the death of another major X-Man or something of that matter, I am out fast. Nobody has time for these cheap deaths.
    ]
    Who have they even got left? Xavier, Original Flavor Wolverine, and Cyclops are already all dead (for comic book values of "dead", anyway).

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Who have they even got left? Xavier, Original Flavor Wolverine, and Cyclops are already all dead (for comic book values of "dead", anyway).
    Storm comes to mind immediately.

Nightcrawler and Colossus already died/got revived so not them. Can't really be Rogue I guess. Kitty Pryde is untouchable under Bendis and far from Earth. Rachel is already in limbo. Won't be Magik, too popular.

Jean Grey obviously is still dead (or a god, whatever). Doubt it would be Magneto, though that would really suck and bother me if it is. Psylocke, don't think so either not really important enough.

Yeah besides Storm idk who else would fit the bill as being like "Death of X" as though that one character dying represents all of the X-Men dying
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY