Super Moderator

Default "Justice League" #49 Preview Art Teases Lex Luthor's Mysterious New Role

At WonderCon2016, DC Comics revealed new artwork from "Justice League" #49 and #50, which will conclude Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok's "Darkseid War."

Full article here.

Dang! I was so hoping Lex would be the new Wonder Girl!

Just had a thought. I've been operating this whole time on the idea that this is simply Lex Luthor whose retained some of his power from Darkseid War. But what if that's not it at all and this is actually Superwoman's child, Alexander Jr? He aged quickly last time, so maybe that happens again and this time he's just bald like our Lex. Maybe he's "The Super Man", not Earth-0 Lex.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

This goes a long way to 'proving' the rumor Lex is the Super-Man in the Super-Man title.

BANNED

I dont see why he couldnt wear an updated version of his powersuit but this looks interesting and Im curious to whats going to be done with his new Role and what that means for the Apokolips inhabitants Uxas, Kalibak, Steppenwolf, etc.

Spectacular Member

Well...since Superwoman is an Amazonian and Luthor is a human, how does their son get away with using the Kryptonian House of El symbol?

Mighty Member

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Interesting development here. For years, Lex Luthor has defined himself as a man who boasts that he is the most superior man in the world. He doesn't need powers or alien traits. He just needs his brilliance. Well, if he has powers now, he has no more excuses. He can now do everything Superman won't do or refuses to do. And if he still can't best Superman on a physical and philosophical level, then he'll have just proven himself wrong. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Dang! I was so hoping Lex would be the new Wonder Girl!
    LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Interesting development here. For years, Lex Luthor has defined himself as a man who boasts that he is the most superior man in the world. He doesn't need powers or alien traits. He just needs his brilliance. Well, if he has powers now, he has no more excuses. He can now do everything Superman won't do or refuses to do. And if he still can't best Superman on a physical and philosophical level, then he'll have just proven himself wrong. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.
    Will be interesting to see how it goes.

Incredible Member

Are we sure the "S" on Luthor's chest stands for SEX-LUTHOR ?

Why a house of El symbol? The only good reason Lex would wear it, is to piss off superman.

If rebirth is all about getting back to the core of the character or the classic representation, why is everything even further off base? Shouldn't Lex be in a business suit? And only occasionally in his armor?

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TRS80 View Post
    If rebirth is all about getting back to the core of the character or the classic representation, why is everything even further off base? Shouldn't Lex be in a business suit? And only occasionally in his armor?
    Don't think JL #49 is part of Rebirth, yet...
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song