Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Le Moonves said that. But SUPERGIRL hasn't been officially confirmed.

For those that enjoy THE FLASH and LEGENDS OF TOMORROW, I reccomend giving SUPERGIRL a chance. I resisted watching it until two weeks ago, but it's good and fits in with that comic book multiverse of those other two shows. It's fun and it keeps building up the drama--much like THE FLASH--so the last few weeks have been paying off for the earlier episodes.
    I was watching at the beginning but dropped off, only to return periodically when they've featured Superman stuff like Master Jailer, red kryptonite, the Fortress and the "For the Man Who Has Everything" story. Sadly, I'm still not convinced. Supergirl herself is likable, but the show isn't a patch on The Flash.

I agree with those who say the show is too fixated on Superman, even though those elements are what get me to come back. If they want me to stick around, they need to make the story about Supergirl, not her unseen cousin. I'm not sure why he was even mentioned after, say, the second episode. It just makes me want to watch a Superman show instead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Well, it's the same with batman. His villains are turned into batgirl and robin's villains. Most of the extended bat family heavily revolves around batman mythos and same here. To me it's a good thing because it doesn't mean that superman can't use all these villains again and with more exposure, it is going to lift up the popularity and iconic status of these mythos and characters.
    Not really true, Riddler certainly isn't Batgirl's father for one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's "Worlds' Finest" as in two worlds. Batman and Superman is "World's Finest".
    You can interpret Batman and Superman team up in a similar manner,still it's clear what they're to evoke here.

It is still a pretty safe best for renewal I think. CBS have said they plan to renew 5 of their new shows this season. Out of the those left Supergirl is one of the best both ratings and critics wise.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    You can interpret Batman and Superman team up in a similar manner,still it's clear what they're to evoke here.
    No you can't. Batman and Superman are often in the same world when they team up. This is two characters from two separate universes teaming up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    No you can't. Batman and Superman are often in the same world when they team up. This is two characters from two separate universes teaming up.
    It's up to interpretation, both Batman and Superman are the chief representatives of their own worlds,even BvS was marketing their clash as a clash of two worlds,just check the CW special with Johns and Kevin Smith. It's about world not universe otherwise why not just call it universe finest? they're clearly trying to ape something which is par the course for Berlanti shows.

If CBS will commit to Two Broke Girls, but not Supergirl, then they will have lost all their credibility. I think that for a show that had to regularly go up against Monday Night Football, Supergirl did very well for itself. It offers a very different tone from the typical gritty crime dramas we already see way too much of on TV these days. If CBS drops this show, I sincerely hope that CW will pick it up.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Incredible Member

Well, Supergirl got some help from the Flash crossover.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...reaking_banner

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    It's up to interpretation, both Batman and Superman are the chief representatives of their own worlds,even BvS was marketing their clash as a clash of two worlds,just check the CW special with Johns and Kevin Smith. It's about world not universe otherwise why not just call it universe finest? they're clearly trying to ape something which is par the course for Berlanti shows.
    World has been used as an alternative for universe plenty of times in fiction.