Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

another solo movie is needed but it needs to have some lengthy fight scenes and not deal with the super-carnage of the first film.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I don't say that we can't sympathize with him. I sympathize with him too. I only say that the general audience has found him the least interesting character in the film for his poor characterization.
    Pretty much this. In a way, this movie was a lot of Superfans fears come true: with Batman (and to an extent Wonder Woman) coming into what should've been Supes' sequel and making him play second fiddle. Hell, the only way Supes was able to stand out in the final battle was spoilers:
    by dying to kill Doomsday with Batman's weapon. He couldn't even contribute anything of his own. I still don't get why WW couldn't've just cut his head off while he was weakened by the Kryptonite gas. She was going toe-to-toe with him and even lopped off a hand before he got weaker, so I don't see why she couldn't seal the deal. Well, other than the fact that it would've meant Superman didn't have to be in the fight.
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DiceRoll View Post
    Pretty much this. In a way, this movie was a lot of Superfans fears come true: with Batman (and to an extent Wonder Woman) coming into what should've been Supes' sequel and making him play second fiddle. Hell, the only way Supes was able to stand out in the final battle was spoilers:
    by dying to kill Doomsday with Batman's weapon. He couldn't even contribute anything of his own. I still don't get why WW couldn't've just cut his head off while he was weakened by the Kryptonite gas. She was going toe-to-toe with him and even lopped off a hand before he got weaker, so I don't see why she couldn't seal the deal. Well, other than the fact that it would've meant Superman didn't have to be in the fight.
    end of spoilers
    It doesn't make sense, right? But Snyder wanted to take Superman out of the picture to advance Batman's plot: http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/03/26...justice-league

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DiceRoll View Post
    end of spoilers
    Well, we obviously had to be introduced to a new Batman; Cavill's Supeman was already introduced in Man of Steel. Also:

spoilers:
    I just watched it a 2nd time, and Superman is definitely the hero of the last act. Superman does so much of the work. He punches Doomsday into space, and without concern for himself, pushes him into a nuclear blast. After recovering from that, he goes back to punching Doomsday and getting into a heat vision contest with him. In the middle of that, he saves Lois. Shortly after that, he retrieves the spear. When Lois throws it away, he says he has to use it anyway to save his world. Then he stabs Doomsday and sacrifices himself. All Batman did was lead Doomsday back to the Gotham port, grappling-gun out of the way, and then use that last grenade. By the way, given his ability to regenerate, there's no guarantee WW could just kill Doomsday by cutting his head off, nor was she having an easy time holding him in place.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by MeloDet View Post
    This is something I've been noticing more and more frequently actually. We may have a (very) wide variety of opinions here in the Superman forums and I wouldn't actually have the gall to accuse someone of not being a "real" Superman fan, but it still seems like you can kinda tell at times whether someone is actually interested in Superman as a character himself or a figurehead/foil to other heroes in the books they actually like (Justice League or Batman).
    Agree with you and Ascended, I'm starting to see people upset at the Superman they got, but who don't really articulate the kind of Superman they would have wanted. I could see a brighter happier Superman, sure. But in the context he was in, he was plenty heroic. And dark times are necessary for a hero's valor to shine through.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I don't say that we can't sympathize with him. I sympathize with him too. I only say that the general audience has found him the least interesting character in the film for his poor characterization.
    I see. Well, I guess that comes from people in general liking Batman more than Superman these days.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Well, we obviously had to be introduced to a new Batman; Cavill's Supeman was already introduced in Man of Steel. Also:

spoilers:
    I just watched it a 2nd time, and Superman is definitely the hero of the last act. Superman does so much of the work. He punches Doomsday into space, and without concern for himself, pushes him into a nuclear blast. After recovering from that, he goes back to punching Doomsday and getting into a heat vision contest with him. In the middle of that, he saves Lois. Shortly after that, he retrieves the spear. When Lois throws it away, he says he has to use it anyway to save his world. Then he stabs Doomsday and sacrifices himself. All Batman did was lead Doomsday back to the Gotham port, grappling-gun out of the way, and then use that last grenade. By the way, given his ability to regenerate, there's no guarantee WW could just kill Doomsday by cutting his head off, nor was she having an easy time holding him in place.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    All he did. Right, so luring Doomsday away from Metropolis after the nuke failed, avoiding blows that were able to tag metas like Clark and Diana, making the technology that allowed the Trinity to win and gassing Doomsday in order to make him even weak enough to stab doesn't account for anything? Superman punching Doomsday and getting into a beam fight, which he lost, is all well and good, but until the very end he dealt no lasting damage. Also, given his ability to regenerate, cutting his head off would still help immensely. When Diana cut his hand off it just slowly regenerated a spike, so at best Doomsday'd've become a head on a bone stick. I mean, he'd still have the face beams (between the Destroyer, the Sentinels and now Doomsday, what is it with comic movies and face beams?) but since he lacked the ability to fly it would still be preferable to him having a body. Plus, who's to say he's survive decapitation in the first place? That tends to end most regenerators in fiction, or at least leave them vulnerable for the kill.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    The tech Batman created was meant for Superman, not Doomsday. It just came in handy after they realized he was a Kryptonian abomination.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

spoilers:
    Still worked. Pretty sure Diana's sword wasn't forged to cut Doomsday, but it did.
    end of spoilers

Warner Bros. Puts ‘Man of Steel’ Sequel Into Active Development (Exclusive):

"Superman is set to fly solo again in upcoming “Man of Steel” sequel for DC Entertainment.

Henry Cavill‘s Superman will fly solo again in a sequel to “Man of Steel” going into active development at Warner Bros., a person familiar with the project told TheWrap.

Released in 2013, produced by Christopher Nolan and directed by Zack Snyder, “Man Of Steel” earned $668 million at the global box office and launched the ambitious DC Cinematic Universe. This summer’s “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” which picked up where that film left off, has pulled in $872 million.

Despite Superman’s battle with Batman, DC has been silent on a sequel to “Man of Steel” featuring Superman solo, leading many frustrated fanboys to believe that another film wasn’t going to happen. But a person close to the project told TheWrap that Superman is a top priority for the studio and getting the character right for audiences is of tantamount importance.

Warner Bros. did not immediately return a call for comment Monday.

Back in October 2014, while speaking at Time Warner Investor Day, Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara announced a slate of nine films with members of DC Comics the “Justice League” including The Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Cyborg. “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” set the stage for the new films.

Cavill, who played Superman in “Man of Steel” and “Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice,” will next be seen in 2017’s “Justice League.”

The “Man of Steel” sequel is a long way from getting a release date. ‘”Wonder Woman” is slated for June 2, 2017, followed by “Justice League” on Nov. 17, 2017. “Aquaman” is currently slated for July 27, 2018. A standalone “Batman” film does not yet have a date, but will likely come before the Superman sequel, the person familiar with the project said.

Warner Bros. has two untitled DC films to be released on Oct. 5, 2018 and Nov. 1, 2019, but hasn’t said what they will be."

Source: http://www.thewrap.com/warner-bros-p...ent-exclusive/

This news made me so happy. I just CAN'T wait for the formal announcement. If what Umberto says in his article is true, I'd expect that Man Of Steel 2 would get the 2019 release spot, after Batman (which would be in 2018). However, that can always change.

SUPERMAN RULES, GOD DAMMIT.

EDIT: BTW, 2019 is too far away, but it would be the logical date, what with development starting just now and all.
    Last edited by 666MasterOfPuppets; 08-08-2016 at 11:13 AM.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    This news made me so happy. I just CAN'T wait for the formal announcement. If what Umberto says in his article is true, I'd expect that Man Of Steel 2 would get the 2019 release spot, after Batman (which would be in 2018). However, that can always change.

SUPERMAN RULES, GOD DAMMIT.

EDIT: BTW, 2019 is too far away, but it would be the logical date, what with development starting just now and all.
    I could see MOS 2 being the bookend to the first " phase" of the DCEU,and kicking off phase two. It makes sense because despite all the hysterical belly aching over how BvS ended, Superman is THE main protagonist of the DCEU.

This is great news. So,how long until we hear that George Miller is directing THE MAN OF TOMORROW?
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

I agree. He started it all, and if the DCEU is going to be handled in phases/ stages, it would be only natural that he starts the second wave of movies. And yes, he is the main character of the DCEU, as it should be.

Ha! Nice name for the sequel. George Miller would indeed be a most interesting choice, although I'm sure purists wouldn't like him, given what he said regarding his take on the franchise.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I tell ya guys, it feels like I'm in a toxic relationship with DC film and comics. We're happy for a time, but then then they take advantage of me and sh!t all over me. Like any self respecting person I live.....but then not too long after they woo we back with fun comics and the possibility of a solo Snyder-less movie.

*Sigh*

Last edited by Superlad93; 08-08-2016 at 12:31 PM.

Glad to hear we're getting another solo Superman film. I like MOS. While I didn't particularly care of BvS, I though Superman was treated really well. There just wasn't enough of him in that film. So another solo Superman film and hearing he's a top priority are all good news to me.

There are still no writers attached to the project or a basic story.