Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Also...

"Here's what I know about the thinking at DC Films these days: Superman is a priority. The character has been wounded in recent years by Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, and the folks behind the scenes want to rehabilitate the Man of Tomorrow. They want to fix him, make him less mopey and less unsure of his place in the world. They view his upcoming resurrection in Justice League as sort of a soft reboot, an opportunity to right the wrongs that have been done to the Last Son of Krypton."

The rest of the article here: http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/08/...f-steel-sequel

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Also...

"Here's what I know about the thinking at DC Films these days: Superman is a priority. The character has been wounded in recent years by Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, and the folks behind the scenes want to rehabilitate the Man of Tomorrow. They want to fix him, make him less mopey and less unsure of his place in the world. They view his upcoming resurrection in Justice League as sort of a soft reboot, an opportunity to right the wrongs that have been done to the Last Son of Krypton."

The rest of the article here: http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/08/...f-steel-sequel
    The news he's getting a solo sequel are amazing! Great to know they do want to get him right. Superman and his fans deserve that!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    The news he's getting a solo sequel are amazing! Great to know they do want to get him right. Superman and his fans deserve that!
    Totally surprised, in a good way, by this announcement. I didnt think WB cared enough to bother with another solo film, and even if they did decide to do it, I didnt think they'd announce it until Superman's return in, presumably, one of the Justice League films.

Im also happy to hear they want to course-correct on some of the flaws from MoS and BvS. That doesnt mean I believe they'll make the changes that *should* be made, but at least they're aware that they missed the mark on certain elements and going to try to fix that. I dont have a ton of faith in DC, WB, or Geoff Johns when it comes to Superman. In fact, I pretty much assume they'll screw the character up at this point, but acknowledging a problem is the first step to fixing it.....so, here's hoping, and all the best to WB/DC! They've made my day with this and I cannot wait to see what they decide to do!

On a related note, the wife dragged me to Suicide Squad yesterday, and I was happily surprised with the film. Not the best slice of cinema I have ever witnessed, but certainly a solid film and a lot of fun, with spot-on portrayals of Harley and most of the Squad (still not sold on Will Smith's Deadshot, and it has nothing to do with race). If that movie is any indication, DC is learning their lessons quickly for once, and by the time MoS 2 rolls around, they should have a solid formula and system worked out. Superman might just be in good hands for a change.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Also...

Call me a pessimist, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Astonishing Member

There are still no writers attached to the project or a basic story.
    Considering that this movie won't be coming out for a few years I think it's not a bad thing. I'd rather they take their time to really put together a decent story. So, they've gone through Lex, Doomsday and Zod. I guess Braniac is the next logical choice.

I believe that with a good story and the right director, Henry could be the best superman ever, I really think he has the potential it's just bad writing holding him back. However, I would rather DC/WB just push justice league for quite a few years as I would like to see a lot of the big events from the comics transferred to the big screen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Totally surprised, in a good way, by this announcement. I didnt think WB cared enough to bother with another solo film, and even if they did decide to do it, I didnt think they'd announce it until Superman's return in, presumably, one of the Justice League films.

Im also happy to hear they want to course-correct on some of the flaws from MoS and BvS. That doesnt mean I believe they'll make the changes that *should* be made, but at least they're aware that they missed the mark on certain elements and going to try to fix that. I dont have a ton of faith in DC, WB, or Geoff Johns when it comes to Superman. In fact, I pretty much assume they'll screw the character up at this point, but acknowledging a problem is the first step to fixing it.....so, here's hoping, and all the best to WB/DC! They've made my day with this and I cannot wait to see what they decide to do!

On a related note, the wife dragged me to Suicide Squad yesterday, and I was happily surprised with the film. Not the best slice of cinema I have ever witnessed, but certainly a solid film and a lot of fun, with spot-on portrayals of Harley and most of the Squad (still not sold on Will Smith's Deadshot, and it has nothing to do with race). If that movie is any indication, DC is learning their lessons quickly for once, and by the time MoS 2 rolls around, they should have a solid formula and system worked out. Superman might just be in good hands for a change.
    Indeed. Specially if snyder doesn't put his hand on this character again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

so brad bird will direct a superman movie on disney?

because skwad was panned by critics and a lesser degree public

A good start to any fixing movement will be someone getting the word out to drop the hinted idea of a "Superman loses Lois and goes crazy" storyline. If they're serious about wanting to do right by him.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-08-2016 at 04:38 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    A good start to any fixing movement will be someone getting the word out to drop the hinted idea of a "Superman loses Lois and goes crazy" storyline. If they're serious about wanting to do right by him.
    that was never a idea

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    that was never a idea
    Barry's warning to Batman is a foreshadowing of such. By what he said ("You were right about Superman" "Lois is the key") and the foreboding tone of the scene there's very little else to take from it.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-08-2016 at 05:52 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Amazing Member

No more Superman goes crazy if Lois dies nonsense! That trope has always been stupid af

If I had a say I'd turn the entire stupid trope on its head in the movies. Do something where Superman thinks Lois dies, maybe where he thinks all of Metropolis is annihilated, and have him NOT give in to hate and show his greatness that way before all is revealed to having been some elaborate ruse.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

So like Final Battle with Manchester Black? I'd definitely be down for that.

Mm-hmm, similar in concept. I have a host of other problems with that story but the idea in of itself to counteract the Superman-goes-evil concept was always nice.