Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    You missed the KANDOR reference! More seeds for Brainiac hopefully!
    Pretty sure Kandor was in "Man of Steel" - it was the city Jor-El flies to on his space dragon - so didn't include it! But yeah, I'd be into Braniac as a villain.
    Twitter: @azalben / Web: AlexZalben.com

Nerdist's Comic Book Club - Live!, every Tuesday at 7:30pm in NYC - FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by miketen View Post
    What if Darkseid isn't the end villain? With Flash doing his warning to Batman like in Crisis, what if DC is going to go with the Anti-Monitor? Especially since Darkseid and Thanos look so much alike.
    Sure? Rumor is Braniac in JL 1, Darkseid in JL 2, but who knows - they're three weeks from shooting, and we've heard nothing about casting or a script.

Quote Originally Posted by caw292 View Post
    You missed that the Waynes were coming back from Zorro, just like in the comics, and that one of the microphones during some press conference or other said "GBS", which stands for Metropolis's Galaxy Broadcast System, which Clark worked for in the 80s.
    I did, that's true! Didn't miss it, so much as "internalized it as they got the wayne's murder correct yet again on screen." But that should be included, you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by HARDAC View Post
    I saw the coffin's color scheme as a callback to the silver & black suit Superman wore after his comic book 'resurrection' and another sign of his eventual return in the movie verse.
    I think that's fair! Wonder if it was that, or just "black looks cool."

Quote Originally Posted by spacedog View Post
    Someone on Twitter (not me) noticed that when Lex meets Senator Finch, he actually says the "Lex" on the Lexcorp is actually his father's name and not his. Could he be Lex II, or the clone version of himself from Death of Superman?
    That would explain his errartic behavior and knowledge of genetics
    Fun theory, but for better or for worse, Lex is just Lex. Here's more info on his relationship with his father:

http://www.wired.com/brandlab/2015/1...trial-complex/

Quote Originally Posted by DayoftheHero View Post
    When Lois goes to her mailbox, I swear I saw "Dibny" on the one beside hers... Did anyone else notice this, or did I not see it right?
    Eagle eyes! I definitely missed that if so, curious to hear if that's true. I can't imagine how the Dibnys would play into DC's darker movie universe.

...First person to bring up Identity Crisis gets punched in the retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
    Although no post crefits scene there is a mice treat for comic fans. A long thank to the comics wrters and artists. Frank Miller and Dan jurgens get a special thank you. The rest are alphabetically from Jim Aparo to Marv Wolfman. If someone captured the whole list it would be cool to see.
    Jerry Ordway himself tweeted it out:

https://twitter.com/JerryOrdway/stat...14315747274752

At the end of the movie, after the conversation with Batman, we see Lex saying "Ping, ping, ping, ping, ping. Ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping." That's the sound of a Mother Box, meaning that he've heard that sound before. So when Luthor says that "He's coming", he's obviously talking about Darkseid.

Quote Originally Posted by azalben View Post
    Jerry Ordway himself tweeted it out:

https://twitter.com/JerryOrdway/stat...14315747274752
    That's great!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny View Post
    At the end of the movie, after the conversation with Batman, we see Lex saying "Ping, ping, ping, ping, ping. Ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping." That's the sound of a Mother Box, meaning that he've heard that sound before. So when Luthor says that "He's coming", he's obviously talking about Darkseid.
    I thought so too, but he's actually saying, "ding, ding, ding." He was talking about bells ringing just before that.

That said, yeah, it's enough like "ping" that I think it's supposed to suggest that, without explicitly BEING that.

All-New Member

Thx. The screen shot on the list misses Aparo at the start and Wolfman at end only. Of course it also misses the special notice Miller and Jurgens.

randflyers

The movie on the marquee before the Waynes get shot is John Boorman's classic "Excalibur". In the final battle of that film, Arthur and Modred impale each other in much the same way Supes and Doomsday do at the end of BVS.

stevtar1994

Default Darkseid and Hawkmen

I thought it was really obvious the devil in Luthor's painting was Darkseid but what if they Angels were Thanagarians, AKA Hawkman and Hawkgirl? Luthor says metahumans have existed for a long time and inspired myths, so what if the Thanagarians were the Angels?

GGenius

Here are a couple that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet. So the underground fighting ring scene where Bruce wins the net is one. The guy who lost the fight, pretty sure he had a batman superman tattoo on his back.

Another one, and this one coudlve been my eyes playing tricks on me, but the scene at the courthouse when the people were holding up signs, very briefly I believe I saw a sign that said you'll never beat or you'll never be as good as Christian Bale.

All-New Member

When Batman and Superman are fighting during the final scene, Superman flies Bats into a wall and there is "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" spray-painted on a wall. Who watches the watchmen. Thematically fitting, also Synder directed Watchmen.